Disgusterous

Author Topic: Annual insurance quotes war to commence  (Read 13106 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Annual insurance quotes war to commence
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:46 PM »
Bus is ready .......he needs to sell the T-plate ............BM will explain........

All taxis and buses have a 'T' prefix on the number plate... sot it is a normal three-letter, three number plate with a T in front - TABC 123

T plates are as rare as rocking horse shite because it is like selling a business - father to son, that sort of thing....

But apc is talking shite because the guy could just re-register the bus and sell the T plate separately....  whistle:

We also have a Z prefix for rental cars (mostly tourists) so you know who to run off the road...  eveilgrin:

I agree (not the shite point) but he is worried about re-registering....... rubschin:

He could surely stick the T plate on any owld car...?  rubschin:

Not so easy ....so he says........ rubschin:  the bus is worth peanuts .the plate worth 20k + eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 07:55:56 PM »
Bus is ready .......he needs to sell the T-plate ............BM will explain........

All taxis and buses have a 'T' prefix on the number plate... sot it is a normal three-letter, three number plate with a T in front - TABC 123

T plates are as rare as rocking horse shite because it is like selling a business - father to son, that sort of thing....

But apc is talking shite because the guy could just re-register the bus and sell the T plate separately....  whistle:

We also have a Z prefix for rental cars (mostly tourists) so you know who to run off the road...  eveilgrin:

I agree (not the shite point) but he is worried about re-registering....... rubschin:

Not so easy ....so he says........ rubschin:  the bus is worth peanuts .the plate worth 20k + eeek:

If h is not using the bus the plate is worthless at the moment...

If he transferred it to a nice Merc he THEN has 20K
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »

If h is not using the bus the plate is worthless at the moment...

If he transferred it to a nice Merc he THEN has 20K

The plate is the "thing" any car will do ..............the T like the Z is the thingy ............

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »
Time fast running out for MM now.
6 days to go before her licence will be deemed useless for the forseeable future.

Just tried 2 different so called 'low cost solutions' on line i.e, this black box technology load of crap.

1st one was £9k, and the 2nd one just over 6k. happy001 ::)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 03:15:51 PM »
6 days to go before her licence will be deemed useless for the forseeable future.

Just tried 2 different so called 'low cost solutions' on line i.e, this black box technology load of crap.

Pushbike...... :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 03:19:27 PM »

Pushbike...... :thumbsup:

C5  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
'Dads piggin' on 24 hour stanby free taxis Co. Ltd.' more like. Banghead

I'm still in favour of a Moggy Minor for her, and have even offerd to buy one, but she say's it's a waste of munny.
I say it's not, as it probably won't go down in value much, if at all, and possibly even up!
Be a sort of investment, ansd she can then fund her own insurance for a 'mere' ,cough> £800.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »

I'm still in favour of a Moggy Minor for her, and have even offerd to buy one, but she say's it's a waste of munny.
I say it's not, as it probably won't go down in value much, if at all, and possibly even up!
Be a sort of investment, ansd she can then fund her own insurance for a 'mere' ,cough> £800.

Why won't she have one........retro  :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »

Why won't she have one........retro  :thumbsup:

Paint it pink or summat....  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »
Tried a couple of 'recommended' companies on the blower this morning, and put Mrs G as the main driver, and MM as a named driver.
Basically this is known as fronting, and if you get caught you're in trouble, BUT THEY have made things so intolerably unbearable and unaffordable now, many many have simply had to to keep their kids mobile.

Anyway, thought I'd try it on to see just how much of a difference it would make. rubschin:

£2000+ for MM as main driver with her current insurer went UP to over £4000 with her as a secondary driver with Mrs G as the main one!! eeek:
The others were just as bad.

Seems this is the method they are now using to stop 'fronting'.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:37:09 PM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:52 PM »
No decisions are being made here.
MM is JUST like her mother. evil:

"I don't know, I can't make my mind up, what do you think, I'm not sure ,lah de dah de diddly dum dum. Banghead

I AM the one that's going to have to sort everything out...as usual, and that way, if it all goes tits up, they can blame me!  cloud9:
Sweet!  noooo:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274962/Rowan-Atkinsons-insurers-pay-record-payout-910-000-repair-240mph-McLaren-F1-crashed-tree.html

Wonder what his will be next year,,,,,,,,,, rubschin:

Loose change to him no doubt, regardless. ::)

Does he gert his newspapers ironed too i wonder? lol:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274962/Rowan-Atkinsons-insurers-pay-record-payout-910-000-repair-240mph-McLaren-F1-crashed-tree.html

Wonder what his will be next year,,,,,,,,,, rubschin:

Loose change to him no doubt, regardless. ::)

Does he gert his newspapers ironed too i wonder? lol:

He probably has a man to read them to him instead
I mostly despair