Author Topic: Annual insurance quotes war to commence  (Read 12873 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Annual insurance quotes war to commence
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
Poor MM. Had her new quote for an eye watering £2800! eeek:
It was £1325 last year, but thanks to her mother stuffing the car into the front of another one, the wumman/bitch of which is claiming for everything bar a new house, she's earned zero NCB.

Add in this shite EU ruling on this sex equality price ruling, and there you go, BASTARDS.

I'm about to ting Diamond and to ask them just how they've calculated this quote.

Average 1st year NCB is 10-20%. That's not going to happen, so price stays the sameish I'd have thought.
Average female price hike is 15%, so there's a £200ish increase.

So. How come it's gone up an unbelievable £1475, over doubling?
I'm about to enter the highly secretive and legalised thieving closed shop world of car insurance companies again.

Taxis/Buses and slim possibilty of a 49cc scooter now beckon, 'cus The Bank of Dad for paying for such crap has finally been closed for business, due to debts incurred for last years insurance policy still not having been paid for in full, in fact, not even half. evil:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
Re: Annual insurance quotes war to commence
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
Where did this incident take place?   rubschin:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »

The Mrs G one?

Morrisons petrol station forecourt, why?
2mph tap, and the wumman is claiming for a new bumper, grille, number plate, bonnet, headlight, and n/s wing, oh, ansd whiplash too. eeek:

Mrs G is a named driver on Miss G's own policy, but even though MM was 80 miles awy at the time, she's the one that seemingly is taking the rap here.

A 'phone call might clarify things. Shrugs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »
As we all know, it is a huge rip-off and very unfair.  happy100
I mostly despair

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »

The Mrs G one?

Morrisons petrol station forecourt, why?
2mph tap, and the wumman is claiming for a new bumper, grille, number plate, bonnet, headlight, and n/s wing, oh, ansd whiplash too. eeek:

Mrs G is a named driver on Miss G's own policy, but even though MM was 80 miles awy at the time, she's the one that seemingly is taking the rap here.

A 'phone call might clarify things. Shrugs:

Morrisons carpark you say... but near side damage.  Can't be the same one then can it.  ;)
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »
Not unless you live 2 miles from here and drive an 05 plate silver 2 litre Mazda 5, no.

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
Phew, no I don't drive a Mazda but for the record it was the staff that was driving, I was a passenger.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
'Diamond' have SO generoulsy knocked 200 snotters off the quote, 'cus they don't want to lose a 'valued customer' lol: ::)

Told them to swivel on their quote. evil:

Next please. ::)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
Footman James will do a classic car policy on a Morris Minor (only) for her for a 'mere' £838!! :thumbsup:

Her first reaction was a look of dismay and horror.
She now wants a 49 cc 'wasp', a vehicle with plenty of danger attached, and a probably HIGHLY resistant mother to contend with too.

I've suggested I go and find a suitable bus timetable and phone number list of local taxi services instead. That went down like a lead balloon.
I even offered to buy the Moggy for her to be paid back at zero rate intrest, but only whilst she's working. Shrugs:
Talk about deal of the century! :thumbsup:
I also claimed that she'd be able to come with me in her Moggy to all the classic cars shows this year too!

She pulled her nose up at the suggestion,and rolled her eyes at that. Banghead

Talk about having your face slapped. ::)

Bollox to it. I've done my best and offered solutions, obviously not good enough ones for her ladyship though.
She needn't be asking for "FREE TAXI" during her employment back and forth at Chester Zoo this coming Easter and Summer though, 'cus the Dads Taxi service is also now closed for business :thumbsup:.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 03:23:40 PM »
Footman James will do a classic car policy on a Morris Minor (only) for her for a 'mere' £838!! :thumbsup:

Her first reaction was a look of dismay and horror.
She now wants a 49 cc 'wasp', a vehicle with plenty of danger attached, and a probably HIGHLY resistant mother to contend with too.

I've suggested I go and find a suitable bus timetable and phone number list of local taxi services instead. That went down like a lead balloon.
I even offered to buy the Moggy for her to be paid back at zero rate intrest, but only whilst she's working. Shrugs:
Talk about deal of the century! :thumbsup:
I also claimed that she'd be able to come with me in her Moggy to all the classic cars shows this year too!

She pulled her nose up at the suggestion,and rolled her eyes at that. Banghead

Talk about having your face slapped. ::)

Bollox to it. I've done my best and offered solutions, obviously not good enough ones for her ladyship though.
She needn't be asking for "FREE TAXI" during her employment back and forth at Chester Zoo this coming Easter and Summer though, 'cus the Dads Taxi service is also now closed for business :thumbsup:.

She needs a nice little Mini Clubman like...  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »
Insure her on the beast............ :thumbsup:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 04:17:31 PM »
Only a Moggy available on a classic car policy.

Anything else would be treated as any other car, and have to go on a standard car insurance policy.
25 is the age when all car classsic car insurance becomes available.

You wouldn't believe the restrictions and hoops you have to jump through for an insurance quote for a youngster.
Just been quoted £3800 on the car with another company that were initially confident of a lower quote than Diamond.
Yea, right. ::)

49cc wasp insurance is panning out at approx 500 snotters, but she'd have to take her CBT test first or summat. confused:

Bus beckons for the foreseeable future at the moment. whistle:

Moggy offer is still on the table, but hurry, as this fantastic offer will not last for too long...poppet.  noooo: evil:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »
She wants a scooter. virtually defo now.

I'm getting out of the 'ouse before and while she states this desire to Mrs G, who WILL go stratospheric about it, no doubts whatsoever,  scared: ..... oh, and guess whose fault it will be btw?  whistle:

Correct.  cussing:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 05:07:49 PM »

I'm getting out of the 'ouse before and while she states this desire to Mrs G, who WILL go stratospheric about it, no doubts whatsoever,  scared: ..... oh, and guess whose fault it will be btw?  whistle:

Correct.  cussing:

Scooter .............. noooo:  I bought one for Miss T a few years ago.........saw her on it once.....gave it away next day.......... noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »

Correct.  cussing:

Scooter .............. noooo:  I bought one for Miss T a few years ago.........saw her on it once.....gave it away next day.......... noooo:

Tightwad.  noooo:

I think Growler meant one with an engine.  ::)
I mostly despair