Disgusterous

Author Topic: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread  (Read 236591 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread
« Reply #2205 on: September 16, 2020, 09:51:39 AM »
In October we will be dropping down to under 50 flights per day - would normally be in the region of the 130, it was inevitable that more would have to go. Many good friends (and some total wasters) will be going.

I can see the UK going back into Lockdown... ::)

I reckon the chances of us flying out from here on the 20th October are <10%
The UK will likely let you in, Cyprus has a good Covid record.  But Cyprus unlikely to let you back as we don't with a current infection rate per capita of 10 times yours
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2207 on: September 16, 2020, 10:10:46 AM »
In October we will be dropping down to under 50 flights per day - would normally be in the region of the 130, it was inevitable that more would have to go. Many good friends (and some total wasters) will be going.

The UK will likely let you in, Cyprus has a good Covid record.  But Cyprus unlikely to let you back as we don't with a current infection rate per capita of 10 times yours

Precisely... We have to consider the entire trip, not just the flight being cancelled or whatever...

Bollox to going into quarantine when we get back here...  noooo:

Giving it to the end of this month before we make a decision to cancel....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2209 on: September 18, 2020, 09:51:44 AM »

Precisely... We have to consider the entire trip, not just the flight being cancelled or whatever...

Bollox to going into quarantine when we get back here...  noooo:

Giving it to the end of this month before we make a decision to cancel....

The way they are behaving if they get here is unbelievable ..ok they had test But not people here !!

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2210 on: October 01, 2020, 05:36:51 AM »
There were a grand total of 100 flights from Gatwick yesterday, 75 of those easyJet. Today 70 in total, 39 easyJet  eeek:

This time last year, easyJet would have already sent at least 40 on their way  noooo: noooo: noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2211 on: October 01, 2020, 06:24:40 AM »
There were a grand total of 100 flights from Gatwick yesterday, 75 of those easyJet. Today 70 in total, 39 easyJet  eeek:

This time last year, easyJet would have already sent at least 40 on their way  noooo: noooo: noooo:

Well we've cancelled our trip on the 20th...

It isn't clear what restrictions we'd have to face there by then or what we'd have to face here when we get back after...  noooo:

I'm guessing that Cyprus will close the doors to the UK after the half-term holiday...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2212 on: October 01, 2020, 06:36:20 AM »

It isn't clear what restrictions we'd have to face there by then or what we'd have to face here when we get back after...  noooo:

I'm guessing that Cyprus will close the doors to the UK after the half-term holiday...

Have had a peek into November and we still have flights to Cyprus scheduled, so I hope not - we are under 40 flights most days as it is  surrender:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2213 on: October 01, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »

That is the rumour going around here too ....take the money ..then lockdown again.. noooo:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2214 on: October 02, 2020, 06:40:53 PM »
8,700 passengers booked today. 5,600 flew. Unsurprisingly, the Turkish flights took a huge kicking...

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2215 on: October 08, 2020, 06:29:41 AM »
16 flights in the "first wave" today - departures until 08:30. This time last year it was 51. Total flights today 37, this time last year 184.  noooo: noooo: noooo:

Rumours abound that the airport will shut for 2 weeks over Christmas, but I'm not so sure.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2216 on: October 08, 2020, 07:17:48 AM »
16 flights in the "first wave" today - departures until 08:30. This time last year it was 51. Total flights today 37, this time last year 184.  noooo: noooo: noooo:

Rumours abound that the airport will shut for 2 weeks over Christmas, but I'm not so sure.

noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2217 on: October 08, 2020, 10:45:55 AM »

noooo:
noooo: noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2218 on: October 08, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »

noooo:
noooo: noooo:

Getting checking those Elf jobs ...... whistle:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2219 on: October 09, 2020, 05:45:24 AM »
252 booked for this morning's Pafos flight  eeek: