Author Topic: Fantastic Headlines  (Read 1005420 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Fantastic Headlines
« Reply #10815 on: August 10, 2019, 10:35:39 AM »
Walmart removes violent video game ads after shootings but continues to sell guns

This bollocks really pisses me off, it's the same hackneyed argument that's been used for years despite the wealth of evidence to the contrary. Even if you just look at the figures comparing the amount of people who play 'violent' video games to the number of shootings supposedly caused by them and you end up with it being something close to 0.0001% of gamers. Hell if that isn't enough for you compare China, Japan and South Korea to America, as that those three countries have the largest concentration of gamers globally the news should be full of similar events happening there and yet there is nothing.  Hell according to these idiots I should have already gone on the rampage given that over the last 30 odd years I've played a hell of a lot of FPS games including Doom, Wolfenstein, Fallout, COD, Medal of Honour, Manhunt et al. It's just easier to blame the games industry rather than look at more uncomfortable factors like poor parenting or a lack of resources for psychological assessment and treatment.

Look it's simple

Playing Kerbal Space Station doesn't turn you into a NASA engineer
Playing Farming Simulator doesn't turn you into a farmer
Playing Surgeon Simulator, Life & Death etc doesnt turn you into a doctor
Playing shooters doesn't turn you into a gun wielding psycho
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10816 on: August 10, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »
Walmart removes violent video game ads after shootings but continues to sell guns

This bollocks really pisses me off, it's the same hackneyed argument that's been used for years despite the wealth of evidence to the contrary. Even if you just look at the figures comparing the amount of people who play 'violent' video games to the number of shootings supposedly caused by them and you end up with it being something close to 0.0001% of gamers. Hell if that isn't enough for you compare China, Japan and South Korea to America, as that those three countries have the largest concentration of gamers globally the news should be full of similar events happening there and yet there is nothing.  Hell according to these idiots I should have already gone on the rampage given that over the last 30 odd years I've played a hell of a lot of FPS games including Doom, Wolfenstein, Fallout, COD, Medal of Honour, Manhunt et al. It's just easier to blame the games industry rather than look at more uncomfortable factors like poor parenting or a lack of resources for psychological assessment and treatment.

Look it's simple

scared2: scared2: scared2:

*Locks door*
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10817 on: August 10, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »

Look it's simple

*Locks door*

Ahem Mr I've played Doom  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10818 on: August 10, 2019, 03:48:26 PM »

Look it's simple

*Locks door*

And Frankenstein 3D!  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10819 on: August 10, 2019, 04:01:15 PM »

Look it's simple

*Locks door*

And Frankenstein 3D!  eeek:

In all honesty if you have a rig that will run it and you enjoyed the original then Doom 2016 is well worth a go  :thumbsup:

At the moment I'm on a historical kick playing (or trying to) Kindgom Come Deliverance. At least I will be once I work out how to get away from the irritating arsehole on horseback that keeps killing me with a bow and arrow at the start when my settlement is attacked.  cussing:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10820 on: August 11, 2019, 01:01:43 AM »
Worked really well? Under what definition? That the power cut didn't cover the entire country? Bloody idiot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7344969/Experts-blame-UKs-reliance-wind-energy-worst-power-cut-years.html

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10821 on: August 11, 2019, 04:00:22 AM »
Worked really well? Under what definition? That the power cut didn't cover the entire country? Bloody idiot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7344969/Experts-blame-UKs-reliance-wind-energy-worst-power-cut-years.html

Complete madness...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10824 on: August 11, 2019, 08:44:21 AM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10826 on: August 11, 2019, 09:35:13 AM »
Does this mean the resort is up shit creek?  redface:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1163675/spain-holiday-costa-blanca-beach-raw-sewage-la-zenia-alicante

sick2:

Just think, the way that the earth is moving in Cyprus it's only a matter of time before something similar happens...  whistle:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10827 on: August 11, 2019, 03:38:19 PM »
Seeing as you have diagnosed yourself here is a second opinion. There is nothing wrong with you other than being a pathetic attention seeking areshole.  Banghead

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/07/man-extreme-hatred-chewing-noises-cuts-off-ties-relatives-10530880/