Disgusterous

Author Topic: Brexit again  (Read 14801 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Brexit again
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »
Are you trying to say that Boris is the only dishonest politician in Westminster?  . . .
No there's at least Gove, Patel and Raab as well as yes Corbyn

You have to ask yourself two questions

- did the public (narrowly) vote for no deal or the promise made by Vote Leave?

- what legal guarantee did liar Boris provide that once given permission for an early election he wouldn't make it Nov 5th?

And that's why Labour etc didn't vote for that early election

-

No, they voted 'Leave' it was the binary choice they were offered - Remain or Leave...

As I've pointed out before, 'No Deal', 'Crashing out without a deal' etc. are post-referendum scary terms invented by loser Remoaners...
So maybe ask your self why did Boris vote against leaving?

Because the specifics are important perchance?

When exactly did Boris vote against leaving? Looking at his history following the referendum the most you could accuse him of is not turning up to 2 votes.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999/boris_johnson/uxbridge_and_south_ruislip/divisions?policy=6761
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2019, 03:30:21 PM »
Unlike most MP's I'm not arrogant enough to speak for the public so I'll say that in my case I voted leave knowing that it would mean the end of the trade deals but believing that the EU would negotiate in good faith in order to maintain the income stream. I certainly didn't vote for the brexit in name only garbage that May put forward.

You mean despite the fact that he had specifically requested a mid October election so that a new government was in place before the leave date. Plus Boris is well aware that an election now would give him a clear majority due to massive gains in Labour's former heartlands.
Boris winning an election now is by no means certain.  May thought she had a slam dunk and realised to her cost that elections are fought on a raft of issues and that 'for the many, not the few. slogan will be as powerful now as it was in 2017

There's a whole range of reasons why 17.4 million voted to Leave and even why so many remain supporters apparently didn't bother to vote at all.  Whatever your reasons for voting Leave I suggest two things are certain

Many, maybe millions would have agreed with you

But to get past that 50% line, millions were voting for that leave with free trade promise Boris, Gove etc gave them in writing.   

And if anyone doubts that just put no deal to a vote.  But then the polls say they'd lose so no surprise that they don't want that

May never bothered to campaign for the election. She apparently put her trust in her advisors which led to the result that it did. It seems strange though that she put the pair of them forward for CBE's, seems a funny way to reward someone for a total balls up...unless that was the intention in the first place.

As far as the polls are concerned, I know I've said this before but give me a staffed call centre and a £20k budget for data and I can get you any poll result you want. Anyone with a little know how can put together a profile for specific group then purchase the matching data from a supply company and bingo, you have the desired result.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »
I refer the honourable gentlemen to my earlier post which referred to Capital Punishment.

If you held a Plebiscite on bringing it back, the Plebs would vote in favour of it.

Grown up Politicos know this, and would never ask the Great Unwashed, because when the answer was 'Yes' they would have to do it.

What you cannot do is ignore the answer which you don't like, that is what will break the system.
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2019, 05:26:35 PM »
Are you trying to say that Boris is the only dishonest politician in Westminster?  . . .
No there's at least Gove, Patel and Raab as well as yes Corbyn

You have to ask yourself two questions

- did the public (narrowly) vote for no deal or the promise made by Vote Leave?

- what legal guarantee did liar Boris provide that once given permission for an early election he wouldn't make it Nov 5th?

And that's why Labour etc didn't vote for that early election

-

No, they voted 'Leave' it was the binary choice they were offered - Remain or Leave...

As I've pointed out before, 'No Deal', 'Crashing out without a deal' etc. are post-referendum scary terms invented by loser Remoaners...
So maybe ask your self why did Boris vote against leaving?

Because the specifics are important perchance?

When exactly did Boris vote against leaving? Looking at his history following the referendum the most you could accuse him of is not turning up to 2 votes.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10999/boris_johnson/uxbridge_and_south_ruislip/divisions?policy=6761
Jan 15th and March 12th he voted against the governments plan to leave the EU

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46885828
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47547887

We'd have been out by now if he and the other Tory rebels had voted differently
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2019, 05:30:21 PM »
I refer the honourable gentlemen to my earlier post which referred to Capital Punishment.

If you held a Plebiscite on bringing it back, the Plebs would vote in favour of it.

Grown up Politicos know this, and would never ask the Great Unwashed, because when the answer was 'Yes' they would have to do it.

What you cannot do is ignore the answer which you don't like, that is what will break the system.

happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2019, 05:30:58 PM »
Unlike most MP's I'm not arrogant enough to speak for the public so I'll say that in my case I voted leave knowing that it would mean the end of the trade deals but believing that the EU would negotiate in good faith in order to maintain the income stream. I certainly didn't vote for the brexit in name only garbage that May put forward.

You mean despite the fact that he had specifically requested a mid October election so that a new government was in place before the leave date. Plus Boris is well aware that an election now would give him a clear majority due to massive gains in Labour's former heartlands.
Boris winning an election now is by no means certain.  May thought she had a slam dunk and realised to her cost that elections are fought on a raft of issues and that 'for the many, not the few. slogan will be as powerful now as it was in 2017

There's a whole range of reasons why 17.4 million voted to Leave and even why so many remain supporters apparently didn't bother to vote at all.  Whatever your reasons for voting Leave I suggest two things are certain

But to get past that 50% line, millions were voting for that leave with free trade promise Boris, Gove etc gave them in writing.   

And if anyone doubts that just put no deal to a vote.  But then the polls say they'd lose so no surprise that they don't want that

Absolute bollox! You have no idea why people voted - you certainly have no idea why I voted any more than I know why Remoaners voted as they did... ::)
Apart from having read the various professional analyses and talked to numerous leave voters and attended my MP's meetings where leave voters have expressed a whole range of reasons why they voted then no I know nothing

FFS BM do you want serious debate in the Commons or do you just want to bash anyone that doesn't line up with your view?

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »

Absolute bollox! You have no idea why people voted - you certainly have no idea why I voted any more than I know why Remoaners voted as they did... ::)
Apart from having read the various professional analyses and talked to numerous leave voters and attended my MP's meetings where leave voters have expressed a whole range of reasons why they voted then no I know nothing

FFS BM do you want serious debate in the Commons or do you just want to bash anyone that doesn't line up with your view?

You Remoaners languish in the naive view that everybody was ambivalent about the EU before the vote...

...and that the stupid people (like me obvs.) saw a sign on a bus and were persuaded to vote Leave based on that and other 'lies' that nasty 'Farage' told... ::)

Which is all bollox.

I was denied a vote in 1975 as I was too young but for many years I have been unhappy with the direction the EU is taking and was keen to leave years before the opportunity to vote on it was given to us in 2016. There are millions more like me.

Unsurprisingly, the 'the various professional analyses' you have read and the 'numerous leave voters' you have talked to all agree with you that the EU is the best thing since sliced bread... ::)

But the vote was for Leave and we should Leave, like it or not... ;)

And if you don't like the way I run my forum the Leave option is always open to you.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2019, 10:52:32 PM »

You Remoaners languish in the naive view that everybody was ambivalent about the EU before the vote...

...and that the stupid people (like me obvs.) saw a sign on a bus and were persuaded to vote Leave based on that and other 'lies' that nasty 'Farage' told... ::)

Which is all bollox. . . .
No one has said that

And sure as eggs are eggs you didn't get over that 50% line by everyone that voted leave having the Farage fundamentalist view. 

FFS even 18 months after the referendum a huge number of voters were found to still believe that £350M lie. 

There are many different versions of what Brexit could look like, no deal certainly wasn't what was promised in 2016 or compatible with what either the Tories or Labour stood on in 2017.  It's legitimate for such elected MPs to keep rejecting it and demand an exit that does match what they were elected on. 

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2019, 03:44:23 AM »

Which is all bollox. . . .
No one has said that

And sure as eggs are eggs you didn't get over that 50% line by everyone that voted leave having the Farage fundamentalist view. 

FFS even 18 months after the referendum a huge number of voters were found to still believe that £350M lie. 

There are many different versions of what Brexit could look like, no deal certainly wasn't what was promised in 2016 or compatible with what either the Tories or Labour stood on in 2017.  It's legitimate for such elected MPs to keep rejecting it and demand an exit that does match what they were elected on. 

Believe me, twixt insults pretty much everybody has said that - Leavers have been putting up with the same old claim for three years... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2019, 09:34:01 AM »
Oh dear:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855

'Boris Johnson’s suspension of the UK Parliament is unlawful, Scotland’s highest civil court has ruled.'

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2019, 09:43:57 AM »

'Boris Johnson’s suspension of the UK Parliament is unlawful, Scotland’s highest civil court has ruled.'

I wonder why they chose the clearly unbiased Scottish civil court to contest this

Nope, can't think of a reason at all.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2019, 11:14:56 AM »

I wonder why they chose the clearly unbiased Scottish civil court to contest this

Nope, can't think of a reason at all.

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2019, 03:13:01 PM »
Please ...Anyone throwing their toys out their pram ......

Please make sure they do not go into Nick's garden .... Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2019, 03:22:25 PM »

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2019, 03:32:28 PM »

happy001
happy001 happy001

Skub
I mostly despair