Disgusterous

Author Topic: Laptop repairs  (Read 11215 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Laptop repairs
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »
 scared:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 05:33:59 PM »
 scared:   scared2: scared2:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2017, 12:07:55 AM »
And?

RTFM

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2018, 05:16:01 PM »
The saga continues....the laptop has still not been returned by the PC World prats  Banghead

They are awaiting the battery replacement as they don't have any in stock. Apparently they have 95% of parts in stock but of course not this one.

I have also had a response to my formal complaint which is hilarious ..

I have responded accordingly

"I would like my complaint escalated further and a response be provided urgently. Your investigation into this matter is completely unsatisfactory, inaccurate and incompetent!!

You have completely contradicted yourself in your response.  In the first paragraph you state there was no response from me on the number you hold for me - yet in the second paragraph you go on to state you have no number stored for me.

You will  see that my contact number  is included on the bottom of my email signature , has been used several times to update me by text of the lack of progress being made in respect of my repairs and has been used by your investigation team to discuss my initial complaint.  I have had no missed calls from you so both paragraphs are absolute lies .

The only thing that you have demonstrated adequately is total ineptitude at every level of your organisation !!

And so it goes on.!!!

I have now received a goodwill gesture payment of £100 to compensate for the 'inconvenience'. The payment for the parts will be also be reimbursed.

However I have thrown a spanner in the works and asked for the original battery to be returned to me so as I can be sure that a new battery is in place and if this is not done I shall report as theft . This because I have lost any trust in the service or the competency of the people they employ. They are fluffing about this request at the moment.

And just for the hell of it I have also slagged them off on Twitter and had a response from their 'social media ' team - who, when I sent them the copies of their responses,  can see that this is not 'slanderous or inaccurate '  as they put it to me  censored:- bring it on fuckwits  cussing:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:19:47 PM by Miss Demeanour »
Skubber

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2018, 05:21:15 PM »
 Party001: Party001: Party001: Party001: Party001: Party001: Popcorn:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2018, 07:01:28 AM »
The saga continues....the laptop has still not been returned by the PC World prats  Banghead

They are awaiting the battery replacement as they don't have any in stock. Apparently they have 95% of parts in stock but of course not this one.

I have also had a response to my formal complaint which is hilarious ..

I have responded accordingly

"I would like my complaint escalated further and a response be provided urgently. Your investigation into this matter is completely unsatisfactory, inaccurate and incompetent!!

You have completely contradicted yourself in your response.  In the first paragraph you state there was no response from me on the number you hold for me - yet in the second paragraph you go on to state you have no number stored for me.

You will  see that my contact number  is included on the bottom of my email signature , has been used several times to update me by text of the lack of progress being made in respect of my repairs and has been used by your investigation team to discuss my initial complaint.  I have had no missed calls from you so both paragraphs are absolute lies .

The only thing that you have demonstrated adequately is total ineptitude at every level of your organisation !!

And so it goes on.!!!

I have now received a goodwill gesture payment of £100 to compensate for the 'inconvenience'. The payment for the parts will be also be reimbursed.

However I have thrown a spanner in the works and asked for the original battery to be returned to me so as I can be sure that a new battery is in place and if this is not done I shall report as theft . This because I have lost any trust in the service or the competency of the people they employ. They are fluffing about this request at the moment.

And just for the hell of it I have also slagged them off on Twitter and had a response from their 'social media ' team - who, when I sent them the copies of their responses,  can see that this is not 'slanderous or inaccurate '  as they put it to me  censored:- bring it on fuckwits  cussing:

noooo:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2018, 10:06:40 AM »
Do you remember this saga ..it still goes on.

Laptop not returned yet ...battery replacement still on order . Apparently it is a rare battery  ( Laptop is Asus !!!)

I have asked for the laptop back as long as the original battery is in place ..which was working . They have now had to admit they do  not have this  - and that this is entirely their fault.

Which to my mind defeats the whole point of them returning it if it is unable to be used without being permanently plugged in to a power source !!!

So they have been given another 2 weeks to source a battery or I will look for the laptop to be replaced in its entirety .

They have now had the blasted thing for over 2 months !!!

I am struggling to not swear every time I communicate with them ..and to be honest the most effective way of doing this is through Twitter. They respond to these almost immediately . Phone calls result in an average waiting time of at least 45 minutes before they manage to accidentally drop your call  cussing: Banghead cussing: Explode:

Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2018, 10:42:51 AM »
When (if) you get it back take a look at the web cache and see how much they’ve been using it

Also have you looked online for Asus batteries?  They should be common as muck

What’s the model number?  If it’s a seashell notebook then I’ve got a spare spare

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »
When (if) you get it back take a look at the web cache and see how much they’ve been using it

What’s the model number?  If it’s a seashell notebook then I’ve got a spare spare
is 'Asus' a typo?
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 12:15:46 PM »

Aaah you are a sweety

Model Number Asus UX301LA
Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »

Aaah you are a sweety

Model Number Asus UX301LA
Sadly that’s a bigger laptop. Looks a good machine though

Here’s a link that might interest

http://www.ukbattery.org.uk/fr_batterie.php/ASUS_Zenbook-Infinity-UX301LA_1_5444.html

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2018, 01:12:31 PM »
Thanks Steve

I feel that is going to be useful as I cannot see them sorting this out  censored:
Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
Thanks Steve

I feel that is going to be useful as I cannot see them sorting this out  censored:
I reckon more than a slight chance one of their staff is using it

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »
Thanks Steve

Bitcoin mining?  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »
Thanks Steve

Bitcoin mining?  rubschin:
I was thinking worse