Disgusterous

Author Topic: The Upcoming Movie Thread  (Read 63699 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: The Upcoming Movie Thread
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2020, 04:22:58 PM »
You missed the This is your Life thing  point: point:

I saw it but it didn't feel right to make the obvious comment about the size of her special effects budget  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2020, 05:05:29 PM »
 ::)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #377 on: August 04, 2020, 04:23:18 AM »
If you think that one was bad try Plan 9 From Outer Space....  whistle:
Ah yes the Crossroads of the Cosmos

Somebody remade it...  eeek:

https://youtu.be/pwDOqsu0GZw
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2020, 02:44:28 AM »
And now the Exorcist is getting a reboot and Rachel Weiz has been cast as both leads in a new series based based upon Dead Ringers. Yargh:

Dear Hollywood, for the love of God will one of you buy a dictionary and look up the word ORIGINAL  noooo:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8644555/The-Exorcist-reboot-works-planned-theatrical-release-expected-2021.html

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2020, 08:40:53 AM »
Could be good though.  The Exorcist was a brilliant basic plot, patchy script and budget filming
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #380 on: August 23, 2020, 08:34:16 PM »
I had my doubts when it was first announced but the Robert Pattinson Batman film may be better than I thought it was going to be.

https://youtu.be/ewDSeyWve8M

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #381 on: August 24, 2020, 12:20:19 AM »
I had my doubts when it was first announced but the Robert Pattinson Batman film may be better than I thought it was going to be.

https://youtu.be/ewDSeyWve8M
:thumbsup:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #382 on: September 01, 2020, 08:42:37 PM »
Having heard that it's been leaked online I'm valiantly resisting the urge to go look at the Dune trailer   angel1

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #383 on: September 09, 2020, 10:37:20 PM »
Having heard that it's been leaked online I'm valiantly resisting the urge to go look at the Dune trailer   angel1

Ok while I admit I wasn't sure about some of the casting I am really looking forward to seeing this now.  :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/jJj2yHM3d3Y

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #384 on: September 12, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »
And so it begins, Wonder Woman 1984 has been put back till Christmas. While I can appreciate the arguments cinemas are already struggling due to low numbers and reduced capacity. If the studios keep putting films back or onto VOD there isn't going to be a cinema left for them to put films on to in the future.  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #385 on: September 12, 2020, 09:36:21 AM »
And so it begins, Wonder Woman 1984 has been put back till Christmas. While I can appreciate the arguments cinemas are already struggling due to low numbers and reduced capacity. If the studios keep putting films back or onto VOD there isn't going to be a cinema left for them to put films on to in the future.  noooo:
It's a worry but what to do?  VOD is as much just responding to the masses of people that would rather watch pirated copies than go to the flicks.  Not just Covid threatening cinemas

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »
The studios switching to VOD won't prevent piracy though, if anything it will make it easier as you can stream to a computer and then use video capture to record it.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2020, 09:56:46 AM »
The studios switching to VOD won't prevent piracy though, if anything it will make it easier as you can stream to a computer and then use video capture to record it.
I guess their theory is that many pirate copy watchers do it more for the home viewing convenience than to steal.  I'd hate to see cinemas go, they're a huge part of my life but if I'm honest mostly last century.  Gone from ~2 visits a month to ~ 2 a year in normal times.  And yes that's part explained by the content is nowadays really aimed at those much younger than baby boomers but they're the ones most likely to want to see stuff on their screen and now

I really don't know what can be done

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #388 on: September 12, 2020, 11:21:50 PM »

36 years late....... rubschin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #389 on: September 30, 2020, 12:10:55 AM »
I guess their theory is that many pirate copy watchers do it more for the home viewing convenience than to steal.  I'd hate to see cinemas go, they're a huge part of my life but if I'm honest mostly last century.  Gone from ~2 visits a month to ~ 2 a year in normal times.  And yes that's part explained by the content is nowadays really aimed at those much younger than baby boomers but they're the ones most likely to want to see stuff on their screen and now

I really don't know what can be done

Closed 3 days a week now. I have a grand total of 2.75 hours next week and that and that shift isn't a certainty. I'm applying for other jobs left right and centre but so far no luck  noooo: