Author Topic: The Upcoming Movie Thread  (Read 63684 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: The Upcoming Movie Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2018, 10:44:53 PM »
You never did see MI-6 did you?

The only times I could have seen it there wasn't anybody there so couldn't use a free ticket...  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2018, 11:25:26 PM »

The only times I could have seen it there wasn't anybody there so couldn't use a free ticket...  noooo:
I think it's still in cinemas
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2018, 11:31:41 PM »

Just looked on the website and it's gone. However they do have BlacKkKlansman and King of Thieves on...  rubschin:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2018, 12:34:06 AM »

Just looked on the website and it's gone. However they do have BlacKkKlansman and King of Thieves on...  rubschin:
Still showing at Bluewater (other cinemas nearer you may be available)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2018, 02:12:31 PM »
Still on the subject of Star Wars, there is a fan re-edit of the godawful mess that was Episode 8 in the works and if the trailer is anything to go by then it's going to be a better piece of work than the original (then again that isn't really shooting for the sky).

http://youtu.be/wrRFXMI4N1s
If it's got Daisy Ridley in it I will watch it

Daisy is still in it but a lot of the scenes are completely changed from the mess that was the original. For one thing Luke actually trains her, Jedi Poppins is no more and Akbar actually has screen time.  :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »
Still on the subject of Star Wars, there is a fan re-edit of the godawful mess that was Episode 8 in the works and if the trailer is anything to go by then it's going to be a better piece of work than the original (then again that isn't really shooting for the sky).

http://youtu.be/wrRFXMI4N1s
If it's got Daisy Ridley in it I will watch it

Daisy is still in it but a lot of the scenes are completely changed from the mess that was the original. For one thing Luke actually trains her, Jedi Poppins is no more and Akbar actually has screen time.  :thumbsup:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2018, 11:24:02 PM »
Been some amusing reactions with some of the customers tonight who have come in to see Venom and caught this trailer for Shazam....

http://youtu.be/go6GEIrcvFY

I think DC would be better off renaming this film 'Oh Dear'  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #217 on: November 19, 2018, 11:24:50 PM »
Fantastic Beasts Crimes of Grimwald

Has had mixed reviews and I can see why but overall I'd be more positive.  The acting is superb (esp Redmayne and Depp) the filming and special effects top notch and the plot is a fair one

But

As many of the critics have said it is too intricate and complex for its own good especially in the middle third which sags after a good opening.  Too many characters and too many sub plots introduced

We enjoyed but with a decent script editor we'd have loved it

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2018, 11:27:08 PM »
Most of the complaints I've been hearing from people leaving the film are that it seems to be playing fast and loose with the canon. I will admit I chuckled and shook the hand of the lass who said she fell asleep not long into the film and missed pretty much the entire thing..  lol:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2018, 11:39:24 PM »
Most of the complaints I've been hearing from people leaving the film are that it seems to be playing fast and loose with the canon. I will admit I chuckled and shook the hand of the lass who said she fell asleep not long into the film and missed pretty much the entire thing..  lol:
lol: lol: lol:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2018, 12:33:48 AM »
Caught the end credit scenes for Once Upon a Deadpool and the Stan Lee tribute was excellent, starting with a couple of the additional lines that he had shot for Deadpool 2 that didn't get used and then changed to an excerpt from an interview with him. By the end if it there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2019, 05:19:38 PM »
Apparently a straight sequel from the second one, so that godawful mess that came out in 2016 no longer counts  cloud9:

https://youtu.be/DTfyyLQtPwE

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2019, 05:43:44 PM »
Apparently a straight sequel from the second one, so that godawful mess that came out in 2016 no longer counts  cloud9:

https://youtu.be/DTfyyLQtPwE
But the second one was utter shite.  Worstest thing Sigourney Weaver ever did.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2019, 12:58:27 PM »
The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot....  rubschin:

https://youtu.be/UkP4bZKCHE8

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2019, 02:16:27 PM »
The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot....  rubschin:

https://youtu.be/UkP4bZKCHE8
Let's put it on BM's List