Author Topic: Jimmy Saville:Why now?  (Read 91772 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Jimmy Saville:Why now?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
Read this in The Metro this morning which fairly incensed me  evil:

Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini added to claims that Sir Jimmy Savile sexually abused children by saying the star used his charity work to stop his private life from being exposed.

Mr Gambaccini told ITV1’s Daybreak programme he had been waiting 30 years for the allegations about his former Radio 1 colleague to come out. Surrey police confirmed Sir Jimmy was interviewed under caution in 2007 about alleged abuse at the now-closed Duncroft Approved School for Girls, which he visited regularly. Crown prosecutors decided there was insufficient evidence to charge him.

Speaking on the programme, Mr Gambaccini claimed that, at one point, Sir Jimmy was about to be exposed by a tabloid newspaper but quickly arranged an interview with a rival title, which  resulted in preventing the negative article from being published.

He said: ‘It comes out when he’s  dead because Jimmy Savile had an  imperial personality in showbusiness.

‘You just didn’t mess with Jim. He was the governor, because after all he had been the first great club DJ, he had been the originator of Top Of The Pops presentation, and you just let him have his turf.’

The Jim’ll Fix It star had raised millions of pounds over the years for his pet cause, Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

Film maker Louis Theroux, who tried to unravel Sir Jimmy’s private life in a BBC programme, said: ‘The rumours seem to have been in some degree validated. My thoughts are with the victims. I hope they find peace.’

Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Anyone else heard the rumour of the 3rd person .......... rubschin:         won't say till injuction is decided ........

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »
I keep hearing reports that the police are investigating  rubschin:  Why? Don't they know he is DEAD??
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »
Next sun headline

Freddie Starr ate my beaver ........... noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »

Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini added to claims that Sir Jimmy Savile sexually abused children by saying the star used his charity work to stop his private life from being exposed.

Mr Gambaccini told ITV1’s Daybreak programme he had been waiting 30 years for the allegations about his former Radio 1 colleague to come out. Surrey police confirmed Sir Jimmy was interviewed under caution in 2007 about alleged abuse at the now-closed Duncroft Approved School for Girls, which he visited regularly. Crown prosecutors decided there was insufficient evidence to charge him.

Speaking on the programme, Mr Gambaccini claimed that, at one point, Sir Jimmy was about to be exposed by a tabloid newspaper but quickly arranged an interview with a rival title, which  resulted in preventing the negative article from being published.

He said: ‘It comes out when he’s  dead because Jimmy Savile had an  imperial personality in showbusiness.

‘You just didn’t mess with Jim. He was the governor, because after all he had been the first great club DJ, he had been the originator of Top Of The Pops presentation, and you just let him have his turf.’

The Jim’ll Fix It star had raised millions of pounds over the years for his pet cause, Stoke Mandeville Hospital.

Film maker Louis Theroux, who tried to unravel Sir Jimmy’s private life in a BBC programme, said: ‘The rumours seem to have been in some degree validated. My thoughts are with the victims. I hope they find peace.’

As I recall Mr Gambaccini had many tales to tell, after the event, about the carrying on of Jonathan King.
Question for me is ~ If he knows so much how come he keeps it to himself until after the event .... Makes him as bad as the perps I'd say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/04/freddie-starr-itv-injunction?newsfeed=true

whistle:

But not the sun so not sure if true .......... whistle:

rubschin: So are we saying the Freddie Starr ate my hamster headline was really a euphemism?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

As I recall Mr Gambaccini had many tales to tell, after the event, about the carrying on of Jonathan King.
Question for me is ~ If he knows so much how come he keeps it to himself until after the event .... Makes him as bad as the perps I'd say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/04/freddie-starr-itv-injunction?newsfeed=true

whistle:

But not the sun so not sure if true .......... whistle:

rubschin: So are we saying the Freddie Starr ate my hamster headline was really a euphemism?

See above ............ whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
Clearly we were typing at the same time.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »
And I have a mic on Sunday ........... noooo:  Miss T is already telling me off,,,,,,,,,, redface:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
Misty needs to film it and post it on here.  :thumbsup:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
Misty needs to film it and post it on here.  :thumbsup:

I have been told by the owner not to do any April jokes .......... redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
And I have a mic on Sunday ........... noooo:  Miss T is already telling me off,,,,,,,,,, redface:

Where and what time...?  rubschin:

But then I'm going to the pub first thing to watch the GP - I may not be in a fit state....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »

Where and what time...?  rubschin:

But then I'm going to the pub first thing to watch the GP - and LL says I have to be in bed by 9  redface:
noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 07:20:18 PM »
I keep hearing reports that the police are investigating  rubschin:  Why? Don't they know he is DEAD??

Actaually a good point well made, and my feelings entirely.

The whole scenario is not sitting comfy with me tbh, and now the thugs have moved into Scarbourough and vandalised his memorial/staute thing.
Nice. noooo:

We'll never know with 100% certainty now, so piggin' drop it I say.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie