Author Topic: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread  (Read 235723 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread
« Reply #2310 on: January 11, 2021, 06:17:46 PM »
45p per mile  whistle:

There is that. And travelling time is paid.

In that case you may want to walk there, you'd probably make more money commuting a single journey than you would working a normal week..  whistle:

Need to charge the car's battery...

Get a new one ..with all the credit cards you will be getting ..... whistle:

That's not me, one aircraft cleaner nicked a bottle of milk off an aircraft and I sacked him. Even though it was going to be thrown away.
:thumbsup:

That's the bottle he got caught nicking

Exactly. Plus he was a gobby Medeiran cunt who moaned about absolutely everything and that he couldn't leave work after all the planes were cleaned...so that he could start his postal round a bit earlier.   ::)

I do (or did) 1900-0700. So do they. Rule #1 If I can't leave early without taking holiday, neither can you. Rule #2  No-one leaves at all until I've audited 25% of your planes and found no significant problems. Rule #3 I don't give a shift if it's Sunday service for public transport. Rule #4 Yes, I know. People who chew gum on a plane the grind it into the carpet should be shot. Just deal with it. Rule #5 Anything we don't find in our audits, we find out about later. Always. Even an upside down safety card...yes, really...

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2311 on: January 20, 2021, 02:22:11 PM »
To Heathrow Friday  :thumbsup:

I have the distinct feeling I shall spend a lot of time plane spotting  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2312 on: January 20, 2021, 02:28:09 PM »

I have the distinct feeling I shall spend a lot of time plane spotting  whistle:

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #2313 on: January 20, 2021, 02:47:47 PM »

Perhaps someone here could lend you an anorak  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2314 on: January 20, 2021, 02:58:37 PM »

Perhaps someone here could lend you an anorak  whistle:

evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2315 on: January 25, 2021, 08:47:48 AM »
We have ONE scheduled passenger flight today - in from Belfast and back to Belfast.

It had to divert to Luton as they had forgotten to de-ice the runway... noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2316 on: January 25, 2021, 09:02:24 AM »
We have ONE scheduled passenger flight today - in from Belfast and back to Belfast.

Forgot?  FFS what a disorganised place you've got to sort out now
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2317 on: January 25, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-ezax#26a8bff6

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2318 on: January 25, 2021, 09:54:46 AM »

noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2319 on: January 25, 2021, 10:02:54 AM »

noooo:
noooo: noooo:

Well, whatever, nevermind

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2320 on: January 25, 2021, 02:10:14 PM »

noooo:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2321 on: February 13, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »
First week at Heathrow completed.

It's a huge bonded warehouse that only deals with mail freight, ranging in size from bags of normal envelopes up to anything as big as car parts like tyres and bumpers. The sheer amount of stuff is mind-boggling and the amount of stuff that is just sitting on racking, unable to go anywhere as there are no flights to certain destinations is rather depressing. Whole cargo bins full of stuff - including christmas presents - simply waiting for Covid restrictions to ease. Ljublana, for example, 7 bins just waiting for transport  noooo:

Of course a huge amount does go out every day - Beijing, Istanbul, Dubai, Australia, America, South America etc. Some of this is loaded into the smaller bins and pallets that fit under the passenger cabin and most into the huge cargo bins made specially for converted freighters (A306s and A332s for the avgeeks). These take quite a bit of loading compared to the smaller, passenger aircraft ones. Although I'm there in a "managerial" role, of course I cannot resist a challenge and for the last 3 days I have been helping load these monsters. Always a good wa to get to know the guys and girls on the shop floor.

It is fair to say I ache a bit today   surrender: surrender: surrender:

Next week more of the same and then I'll be going on to night shifts.

I have to say that the mileage allowance provides a welcome boost to the finances and the journey door-to-door is only about 45 minutes, which is the same as getting into Gatwick (due to the extra faff of having to go through security airside and the walk to and from the staff car park).

So far, so good.  :thumbsup:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2322 on: February 13, 2021, 09:25:32 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Don't know if it's a change of flightpaths or a real increase but there seems to be an increase in traffic landing at Stanstead.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2323 on: February 13, 2021, 09:48:13 AM »

It's a huge bonded warehouse that only deals with mail freight, ranging in size from bags of normal envelopes up to anything as big as car parts like tyres and bumpers. The sheer amount of stuff is mind-boggling and the amount of stuff that is just sitting on racking, unable to go anywhere as there are no flights to certain destinations is rather depressing. Whole cargo bins full of stuff - including christmas presents - simply waiting for Covid restrictions to ease. Ljublana, for example, 7 bins just waiting for transport  noooo:

Of course a huge amount does go out every day - Beijing, Istanbul, Dubai, Australia, America, South America etc. Some of this is loaded into the smaller bins and pallets that fit under the passenger cabin and most into the huge cargo bins made specially for converted freighters (A306s and A332s for the avgeeks). These take quite a bit of loading compared to the smaller, passenger aircraft ones. Although I'm there in a "managerial" role, of course I cannot resist a challenge and for the last 3 days I have been helping load these monsters. Always a good wa to get to know the guys and girls on the shop floor.

I have to say that the mileage allowance provides a welcome boost to the finances and the journey door-to-door is only about 45 minutes, which is the same as getting into Gatwick (due to the extra faff of having to go through security airside and the walk to and from the staff car park).

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Have you got LL's birthday pressies in there...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2324 on: February 13, 2021, 09:54:23 AM »

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Have you got LL's birthday pressies in there...?  rubschin:

Plenty of stuff still awaiting transport to Larnaca  cry: