Author Topic: Bored are we rozzer?  (Read 6813 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Bored are we rozzer?
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:14:08 AM »
Last night, Mrs G was stopped by Cheshire Plod for allegedly, in their opinion, driving TOO SLOW! eeek:
45-50 on a 60 mph dual carriageway, very little traffic around, so not holding anyone up.

They then proceeded to ask who the car belonged to, and was it insured and taxed.  censored:

Good job it wasn't me they stopped, that's all I'm going to say, but an email has been sent to them asking for a full and detailed explanation as to when it seemingly became essential that you had to drive and maintain your speed as close to the limit as possible, whilst suggesting to them that limits are exactly that, NOT targets as their safety dept. constantly keep reminding us  with massive signs that adorn this particular stretch of road, informing us as to just how many have been injured and died as a resu;t of speeding over the last 3 years.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: Bored are we rozzer?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:50:03 AM »
Which lane was she in?  ;)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:14 AM »
It's not very often Mrs G gets support from me, but on this occassion......

She was very suprised when the blue lights and siren came on and slowed down to let them past thinking they'd been called on an emergency.

Obviously a bored power freak rozzeress who'd run out of doghnuts.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »
I do not generally support this kind of police activity.

However, driving 'slowly' in that situation is often a result of drink or drug consumption by the driver, rather than slowness itself being bad.

I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:51:14 AM »
I do not generally support this kind of police activity.

However, driving 'slowly' in that situation is often a result of drink or drug consumption by the driver, rather than slowness itself being bad.

Oh yes. She did ask her if she'd been drinking. ::)

Now if she'd been weaving all over the road, fair enough.

I'm patiently waiting for a reply to my polite but 'annoyed' email.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »
Given the political correctness of the police and their obsession with identity theft and privacy you'll be lucky to get a reply ~ unless you have demonstrated that Mrs Growler has given written consent for you to act on her behalf.
You may be her husband but she is an adult and the police will not be willing to answer your questions. They would require Mrs G to sign a form of consent before they talked to her solicitor let alone anyone else.
Let it go ~ unless you want to see the car with that registration stopped on a regular basis .... They can and will.

Example ~ My brother works for a firm of wholesale butchers who supply most of the hotels, pubs etc on the Wirral, in Liverpool and Manchester. One van driver got pulled and gave the rozzers some sh*t. He later wrote to them questioning their right to pull him over for no reason. Didn't matter who was driving that vehicle it got pulled at least weekly thereafter until the company owner replaced it.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
Given the political correctness of the police and their obsession with identity theft and privacy you'll be lucky to get a reply ~ unless you have demonstrated that Mrs Growler has given written consent for you to act on her behalf.
You may be her husband but she is an adult and the police will not be willing to answer your questions. They would require Mrs G to sign a form of consent before they talked to her solicitor let alone anyone else.
Let it go ~ unless you want to see the car with that registration stopped on a regular basis .... They can and will.

Example ~ My brother works for a firm of wholesale butchers who supply most of the hotels, pubs etc on the Wirral, in Liverpool and Manchester. One van driver got pulled and gave the rozzers some sh*t. He later wrote to them questioning their right to pull him over for no reason. Didn't matter who was driving that vehicle it got pulled at least weekly thereafter until the company owner replaced it.

We'll see if you are right then.
No reply still so far.

What really pisses me off, and I had a long conversation with a traffic rozzer about this at some random show at Chester City FC car park about 4 weeks ago, is the fact that Sunday afternoons on the main drag to N.Walesaround here, are like the friggin' TT races with bikers regulary doing in excess of 100 mph and terrorising the public with their outrageous and downright bloody dangerous riding.
Most evenings also are like wacky races, with the sound of chav mobiles ragging it along the 30 and 40mph restricted A41 through our village.
The sound of these wrecks right on the rev limiter indicate speeds well over the limit on a very regular basis.

Where's the plod while all this is going on ey, where? Shrugs:

Oh yes, trawling along and looking for an 'easy catch' on the virtually deserted Top Chester road, looking for someone driving UNDER the speed limit in a safe and calm manner.

The rozzerette was quite snotty with Mrs G apparently and seemed a tad disappointed that she couldn't nick her for anything, bloody officious bitch. Angry9:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:52:24 PM »
Whoa, as I typed the last post:

Dear Growler

STANDARDS OF POLICING SERVICES

Thank you for your email received on the 6th July 2010.

I have the responsibility of ensuring all complaints and concerns raised
over the professional standards of police officers and members of police
staff within Cheshire Constabulary are correctly recorded and appropriately
investigated.

I have asked Chief Inspector SMETHURST of the Western Area to make
enquiries into your concerns on my behalf and ensure further contact is
made with you at an early opportunity.

Yours sincerely

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »
Well that's their arses covered all nice and polite ..... never let it be said they are not polite.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
I have asked Chief Inspector SMETHURST of the Western Area to make
enquiries into your concerns on my behalf and ensure further contact is
made with you at an early opportunity.

Well all I can say is that CHIEF Inspector SMETHURST must have an exceedingly humongous and massive quantity of jam and sugar to be licking off his fingers, as he still hasn't contacted me. evil:

Who do i contact now then I wonder, as i am NOT letting this matter drop, bloody time wasting officious bastards.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 09:46:09 AM »
Patience bear. My mum once made a complain to the police on my behalf, I was about 18 at the time, and the whole process was daft (not helped by the fact that:

a) The chief of the Met at the time was called Robert Mark but she addressed him in her letter as Alfred Marks  ::)

b) A Chief SUperintendent turned up at my student bedsit. As I invited him the money in the meter ran out and we were plunged into darkness. He assumed some kind of martial arts position  scared2:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »
Patience bear. My mum once made a complain to the police on my behalf, I was about 18 at the time, and the whole process was daft (not helped by the fact that:

a) The chief of the Met at the time was called Robert Mark but she addressed him in her letter as Alfred Marks  ::)

b) A Chief SUperintendent turned up at my student bedsit. As I invited him the money in the meter ran out and we were plunged into darkness. He assumed some kind of martial arts position  scared2:

Don't actually do patience tbqatth. noooo:

I consider 1 week more than adequate time to simply ring me with his no doubt mealy mouthed support and defence of the useless bitch of a scuffer that stopped Mrs G for a totally inadequate reason.
These idiots that are way above station have to brought down to earth and told that they are not always holier than thou, and cannot simply go around randomly stopping people who are within the law and minding their own business.
I am livid, and becomingly even more increasingly annoyed the longer they choose not to contact me. eveilgrin:

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:05:17 AM »
Procedures and red tape old bear

http://urban75.org/legal/complaints.html
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 10:20:06 AM »
The CI will need to get a statement from the officer(s) concerned. They may be on leave. Smethurst will take no action until he has gathered all the facts.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »
Rozzerette has presumably now found time inbetween doghnut breaks to speak to her superior. ::)

As expected, he's backed her up to the hilt, stating that she was concerned that Mrs Growler may have been ill, so decided to check things out.

Load of absolute ball cocks imo, but to be expected from that lot these days. ::)

He has however invited me to contact him to 'discuss' things further if I'm not happy with the response.

Do I actually bother wasting my time for some more mealy mouthed 'explanations' and lame excuses? Shrugs:
They aren't interested, and see law abiding whinging citizens as a pain in the arse no doubt. ::)