Disgusterous

Author Topic: Bored are we rozzer?  (Read 6814 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Bored are we rozzer?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »
Mrs G, M.M. and MIL are going on some random merder weekend a week today, on a steam train down Bridgenorth way apparently. ::)

I'd like to have gone too, but they just know that I'd spoil it for everyone, guffawing at all the anoraks, and hollering I know who dunnit.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 04:46:10 PM »
First ever outing me and The Boy went on was to Llangollen (he was 4) . He was not happy at all till he realised Thomas and Toby were visiting (see also Dirty Diesel)

I'm sure he's there at the moment, or very soon like. Saw summat in the paper whilst waiting to get me fur trimmed this morning.
Brought back some happy memories that did, but made me all sad too. cry:

I absolutely adore steam engines. cloud9:

You will  recall "My Office"
I have been moved out and we are in the process of turning it into a room for him to have his train layout in (Hornby oo)

I also managed (on Fleabay) to get him 14 videos of Steam trains and traction engines.
I have installed a VCR and Portable TV in the "Engine Shed" for him.
Next week we start on construction of the tables and track layouts. Provisionally he will have two interconnecting tracks with sidings, engine sheds, stations, points, signals etc etc. etc.

First ever outing me and The Boy went on was to Llangollen (he was 4) . He was not happy at all till he realised Thomas and Toby were visiting (see also Dirty Diesel)

Yes we did Llangollen for his birthday the year we moved in here. Prior to that he had been on various steam railways "down south". Thomas and co make several appearances a year at Llangollen. He has every Thomas Video ever made but now thinks he is too old for them. I notice he still watches them tho'
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »
Mrs G, M.M. and MIL are going on some random merder weekend a week today, on a steam train down Bridgenorth way apparently. ::)

I'd like to have gone too, but they just know that I'd spoil it for everyone, guffawing at all the anoraks, and hollering I know who dunnit.

Couldn't you be the murderer, like? Of your MIL, like?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 04:58:48 PM »

Couldn't you be the murderer, like? Of your MIL, like?

Actually, the MIL isn't too bad. whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 05:03:32 PM »
Well ~ her daughter then?  freddy:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »

I've got to be sooooooo careful what I say in 'ere these days. ::)

Computers have extra ears and eyes. ;)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »

I've got to be sooooooo careful what I say in 'ere these days. ::)

Computers have extra ears and eyes. ;)

That's why I disguised meself like.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 07:13:48 AM »

Growler, be their taxi-driver, there and back, then explore locally. Not just the Severn Valley Railway , but
Bridgenorth cliff-side railway , (this one will only take five minutes of your time), and
Besides the bridge itself, Ironbridge has ten museums and some will appeal to you, I can recommend Blists Hill Village All ten museums for £21.95 and the ticket lasts for twelve months so you can return at a later date if need be. It even has a Bear Shop

Oh, and as it's Ironbrige Gorge, hills in every direction, but not big un's
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2010, 09:32:58 AM »

Growler, be their taxi-driver, there and back, then explore locally. Not just the Severn Valley Railway , but
Bridgenorth cliff-side railway , (this one will only take five minutes of your time), and
Besides the bridge itself, Ironbridge has ten museums and some will appeal to you, I can recommend Blists Hill Village All ten museums for £21.95 and the ticket lasts for twelve months so you can return at a later date if need be. It even has a Bear Shop

I'm not going or even invited though JOM. cry:
Going on a charabanc from Chester I think.
Even Growler Jnr is werkin' all next weekend too, so I'm guna be 'ere all on me own like. cry:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2010, 09:43:46 AM »

Even Growler Jnr is werkin' all next weekend too, so I'm guna be 'ere all on me own like. cry:

Welcome to my werld like...  sad24:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »

Welcome to my werld like...  sad24:
Wha'? confused:

You're always 'entertaining' visitors. ::)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2010, 10:11:44 AM »
Any'ow. Back to the subject.

Was it REALLY neccessary for that bloody minded cocky scuffer to jump on the poor old buggers bonnet, and start kicking 9 kinds of shite out of his windscreen.

He didn't have his seat belt on ffs, not caused mass murder, and why was he fined so much too?
Only good thing was that he was nicked for his illegal tints and number plate, but the fine was far too excessive in reasonable peoples eyes.

I hope those officious twats that completely over reacted get the sack. eveilgrin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »

Was it REALLY neccessary for that bloody minded cocky scuffer to jump on the poor old buggers bonnet, and start kicking 9 kinds of shite out of his windscreen.

He didn't have his seat belt on ffs, not caused mass murder, and why was he fined so much too?
Only good thing was that he was nicked for his illegal tints and number plate, but the fine was far too excessive in reasonable peoples eyes.

I hope those officious twats that completely over reacted get the sack. eveilgrin:

Plod doesn't get the sack for attacking and killing an innocent pedestrian on camera... smashing a windscreen is small beer...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »

Plod doesn't get the sack for attacking and killing an innocent pedestrian on camera... smashing a windscreen is small beer...

Now now BM. whistle:

Insufficient evidence...apparently, alledgedly, so they say like. whistle:

He is being disciplined though, apparently, alledgedly, so they say like. whistle: