Disgusterous

Author Topic: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread  (Read 31022 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Just One More

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 22614
  • Reputation: 0
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2009, 09:23:40 AM »
Just been to the shop to get a few odds and sods. It was like an ice rink in town, at least most slow down for the snow, not so when it's icy  point:
Tossers!
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Pastis

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 14458
  • Reputation: 0
  • a continuing precarious position
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »
Looks like we're in for another bout of this  ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7877544.stm
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

  • Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 54191
  • Reputation: 0
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2009, 05:04:18 PM »
Oh Whoopee! 

I am getting bored with this winter...... tunble:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 22614
  • Reputation: 0
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2009, 05:31:28 PM »
I come off duty at 0830hr's tomorrow. It can do what it wants for the rest of the week
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

  • Needs to get out more...
  • ******
  • Posts: 95799
  • Reputation: -105
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2011, 03:52:18 PM »
Just brushing the dust off this thread, all nice and ready like  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 126149
  • Reputation: -41
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »
Just brushing the dust off this thread, all nice and ready like  :thumbsup:

Another 'global warming' winter then...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 17808
  • Reputation: 0
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2011, 05:24:29 PM »
Just brushing the dust off this thread, all nice and ready like  :thumbsup:

No snow forecast for this month, ('cept up me BIG 'ill like  cloud9: ) so really dunno what you're ramblin' on about tbh. confused:
Apparently they've had monster snow in New York last week, but it ain't comin' over here. noooo:

Offline Just One More

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 22614
  • Reputation: 0
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #262 on: November 01, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!! I've only just come down off the ceiling after seeing that pillock on telly this morning

I'd say that 95% of the rock salt supplies in this country is kept under cover in salt barns. For the other 5%, it's outdoors but covered with plastic sheeting to keep it dry. So ITV found what must be the only salt heap in the country that was out in the open and uncovered... 2,000 tonnes of it, open to the elements, being diluted everytime it rained etc  Banghead  As the salt is diluted it leaves are pockets in the pile, and rabbits also create voids, making the pile unstable, thats why there are signs stating do not walk/climb on the pile  Banghead  Banghead . So there he was clambering over the salt pile, talking to the camera about this "grit" throughout. Boy, did he piss me off  cussing:  cussing:  cussing:

And because they haven't enough library footage from the last 20 years  ::) , they're coming around one of our depots on Friday to record the same stuff they record each year, here's a gritter, heres some SALT, here's a snow-blower, and here where it is all controlled from  ::)

Aaaaaaannnnddd  relax
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

  • Needs to get out more...
  • ******
  • Posts: 95799
  • Reputation: -105
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »
Wabbits you say  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Just One More

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 22614
  • Reputation: 0
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2011, 06:15:05 PM »
Yeah, but don't put any salt in the casserole like
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 126149
  • Reputation: -41
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2011, 06:26:51 PM »
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!! I've only just come down off the ceiling after seeing that pillock on telly this morning

I'd say that 95% of the rock salt supplies in this country is kept under cover in salt barns. For the other 5%, it's outdoors but covered with plastic sheeting to keep it dry. So ITV found what must be the only salt heap in the country that was out in the open and uncovered... 2,000 tonnes of it, open to the elements, being diluted everytime it rained etc  Banghead  As the salt is diluted it leaves are pockets in the pile, and rabbits also create voids, making the pile unstable, thats why there are signs stating do not walk/climb on the pile  Banghead  Banghead . So there he was clambering over the salt pile, talking to the camera about this "grit" throughout. Boy, did he piss me off  cussing:  cussing:  cussing:

And because they haven't enough library footage from the last 20 years  ::) , they're coming around one of our depots on Friday to record the same stuff they record each year, here's a gritter, heres some SALT, here's a snow-blower, and here where it is all controlled from  ::)

Aaaaaaannnnddd  relax

Calm down dear....  ::)

You'll be famous in a couple of months like!  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 22614
  • Reputation: 0
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2011, 06:29:37 PM »
Infamous you mean



Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy... Kenneth Williams wasn't it?
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 126149
  • Reputation: -41
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »
Infamous you mean



Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy... Kenneth Williams wasn't it?

Do a youtube climbing up yer salt barn in a tractor or summat.... they'll love it!  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 35684
  • Reputation: 5
  • I mostly despair
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2011, 09:10:37 PM »
Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy... Kenneth Williams wasn't it?

 :thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

  • Needs to get out more...
  • ******
  • Posts: 95799
  • Reputation: -105
Re: The All New "We're Snowed In" thread
« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
It can't be long now till we need this  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile