Disgusterous

Author Topic: T.G.'s back!  (Read 95341 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: T.G.'s back!
« Reply #450 on: March 25, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »

"Nobody believes that"

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #451 on: March 25, 2015, 06:00:51 PM »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AWmR9Jl67bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Nobody believes that"

happy001

Thumbs: Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #452 on: March 25, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AWmR9Jl67bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Nobody believes that"

happy001

Paul Staines  rubschin:

Was he in Captain Pugwash?
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #453 on: March 25, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »

"Nobody believes that"

happy001

Paul Staines  rubschin:

Well being the BBC...... rubschin:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »

"Nobody believes that"

happy001

Paul Staines  rubschin:

Probably changed his name from Bates . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #455 on: March 25, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »

"Nobody believes that"

happy001

Paul Staines  rubschin:

Probably changed his name from Bates . . .

A master stroke you say...  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #456 on: March 26, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Ding dong, the witch is dead.

The celebrations have begun, and they will be loud and long. All along the yellow brick road to Hampstead the Sancerre will be flowing tonight.

Top Gear is no more, or at least Top Gear as we’ve known it for many years. The one with the record-breaking audience.

Given his rotten behaviour the BBC had little option but to sack Jeremy Clarkson, but for those popping happy corks it’s a peculiarly modern British victory. Large numbers of people who loathed the programme and never watched it are cheering because those of us who did enjoy it immensely can no longer do so. It is less the loss of Clarkson, which feels inevitable, than the shrill delight with which it has been greeted which grates with fans of the show.

What’s so wrong with us that our misery is cause for celebration?

For it is undoubtedly true that, for those celebrating, Sunday nights are unchanged. In a couple of days they will have moved on to something else and forgotten this. For the rest of us, something we looked forward to is gone. We’ll notice that for some time. They have only gained because we have lost.

But of course that’s the point.

Jeremy Clarkson is a multi-millionaire and a hugely highly-paid newspaper columnist and author (and, probably, TV presenter in the future too). Whilst he’ll be sad about this, his professional life will continue to be one of success. The mob knows this. It’s not really about Clarkson, it’s never really been about Clarkson. It’s about his audience.

What Danny Cohen’s cheerleaders could never forgive was not the content of Top Gear, but its huge success. A horrible weekly reminder that millions and millions of people don’t share their world view; a ratings and sales nightmare which acted as evidence that they might just be in a minority.

It is us they hate.

Us, the ghastly petite bourgeoise with our jeans and our crisps and our terrible sofas. Us, with our dirty fingernails and love of how things work. Us, with our inability not to giggle at Grayson Perry when he’s discussing Russian imperialism dressed as Alice in Wonderland. Us, who think Smeg is a Dave Lister swear word not a kitchen appliance. Us, with our willingness to makes jokes at one another’s expense and laugh at them and then forget them. Us, with our beer and skittles, even where they’re lager and an Xbox.

There are a lot of us. Tens of millions of us, actually. A lot more of us than there are of them. But we don’t run things like the BBC, we just run or work for the businesses which pay the taxes that fund it. We are the do-ers, the ones who get their hands dirty. Van drivers, call centre workers, builders and salespeople. And yes, PR executives and vets and solicitors too. Quietly bound together by an easy going attitude, an ability to laugh rather than take offence and a belligerent refusal to think as we’re told.

No indeed, we don’t make it to the management of the BBC. But we had an hour, on a Sunday night, that was for us. Only an hour, in the thousands broadcast, but an hour. An hour of pointless cocking about which brought a smile before the working week began anew.

And now we don’t. And that makes a lot of people very happy.

Because that’s how snobbery works, and that’s what elites do.

Excellent!  Thumbs:

Clicky...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #457 on: March 26, 2015, 09:57:57 AM »
 "It is less the loss of Clarkson, which feels inevitable, than the shrill delight with which it has been greeted  . . ."

Anyone know anyone that has expressed such "shrill delight"?   I don't

I nominate BM to replace Clarkson
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #458 on: March 26, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
"It is less the loss of Clarkson, which feels inevitable, than the shrill delight with which it has been greeted  . . ."

Anyone know anyone that has expressed such "shrill delight"?   I don't

Hello again briefly.
I am spreading my anger around on as many forums that I have access to, as i feel so strongly and downright bloody vexed on this issue

Actually Steve, yes I do, and came across several yesterday afternoon at the car and van hire depot I was working at.

I had a glum face...yes, more than usual believe it or not...... after hearing the grim news at 14:00, and was asked by one staff member what the matter was?
Told him, and he burst out laughing, told his colleagues around him and they all burst out guffawing in almost uniform wild celebration....bar one.

Jeers and cheers as this forlorn bedraggled owld Bear skulked away to carry on working.

Yup, ther JC haters are absolutely LUVIN' it, in true British style, a pathetic style of extreme bitter dislike of seeing anyone being either successful or of enjoying themselves.
Comments section under every news article this last few days has been totally overflowing with the baying packs of the Last of The Summer Wine Supporters Association, dripping with blood thirsty delight at seeing so many being made miserable, sad little bastards each and every one of them.

Never mind, they can start preparing and  stoking up in readiness for their next HATE campaign for the inevitable return of the Terrible Threesome coming to us all again on another channel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Thanks for reading my rant.
It's good to share, but you can fuck off if ya think yer even gerrin a SNIFF of me last Rolo. Finger:

Bye,

GROWLER
 xx  cloud9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #459 on: March 26, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »

Like these...?

Cant stand the Smug Buffoon, I hope we never see him on the telly again...nothing to do with PC, if he Hit someone then, it was right to suspend him.

I used to enjoy Top Gear when it was a show about normal cars and motoring. When it became a platform for Clarkson to behave like a stupid child and a self opinionated boor, and to push the boundaries ever further, I stopped watching.

Couldn't care less about this arrogant ignorant person who thinks he's a celebrity, not in my book. He always comes across as a big headed know it all, and his co-presenters lick his boots. If you see the TV footage of his so called apology for using the 'n' word, Clarkson states that he tried very hard not to use it, what ? really ?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #460 on: March 26, 2015, 02:44:46 PM »

Like these...?

Cant stand the Smug Buffoon, I hope we never see him on the telly again...nothing to do with PC, if he Hit someone then, it was right to suspend him.

I used to enjoy Top Gear when it was a show about normal cars and motoring. When it became a platform for Clarkson to behave like a stupid child and a self opinionated boor, and to push the boundaries ever further, I stopped watching.

Couldn't care less about this arrogant ignorant person who thinks he's a celebrity, not in my book. He always comes across as a big headed know it all, and his co-presenters lick his boots. If you see the TV footage of his so called apology for using the 'n' word, Clarkson states that he tried very hard not to use it, what ? really ?

Like BM a lot of forums seem to be happy he was sacked.... noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #461 on: March 26, 2015, 07:06:10 PM »
Not on forums I spend time on

Still it seems the Bear knows a couple of people who know exactly how to wind him up

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #462 on: March 26, 2015, 11:21:11 PM »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #463 on: March 26, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
"A Tsar in a reasonably priced car"  rubschin:

rubschin:

I see that Johnny Vaughan is being mentioned as a replacement....a convicted drug dealer.... rubschin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #464 on: April 10, 2015, 11:59:22 PM »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.