Disgusterous

Author Topic: EUROVISION! Live commentary thread.  (Read 189940 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: EUROVISION! Live commentary thread.
« Reply #2385 on: May 18, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »
I think I will give this a miss this year. It is all just too exciting  noooo: noooo:
Wise

I'll record it, and fast forward through it just before the voting

Might watch Madge but she ain't the looker she once was
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2386 on: May 20, 2019, 07:39:58 AM »
I think I will give this a miss this year. It is all just too exciting  noooo: noooo:
Wise

If the clip of her at the show I saw is anything to go by not even autotune can help her hit the right notes...  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2387 on: May 20, 2019, 07:46:05 AM »
Wise

If the clip of her at the show I saw is anything to go by not even autotune can help her hit the right notes...  noooo:
The whole thing was utter shite even on fast forward.  My only vestigial interest was whether I'd get the family sweepstake prize for Belarus coming last.  But the UK's dreary effort (if that's the word) out losered them so that was £30 I missed out on

It long lost any merit and sadly it's just not funny any more and Madge's awful rendition of the classic Like a Prayer was the turd in the whole fetid swimming pool

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2388 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:35 AM »
Wise

The whole thing was utter shite even on fast forward.  My only vestigial interest was whether I'd get the family sweepstake prize for Belarus coming last.  But the UK's dreary effort (if that's the word) out losered them so that was £30 I missed out on

It long lost any merit and sadly it's just not funny any more and Madge's awful rendition of the classic Like a Prayer was the turd in the whole fetid swimming pool

Apparently the only reason the UK came last was because of Brexit...  lol:

Madonna has reached the point where she either has to accept that she has aged and reinvent herself accordingly or turn into even more of a parody of her 20 year old self.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2389 on: May 20, 2019, 08:57:28 AM »
Wise

Brilliant, you suffered so we didn't have to... worthy:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2390 on: May 20, 2019, 09:08:45 AM »
Wise

Apparently the only reason the UK came last was because of Brexit...  lol:

Madonna has reached the point where she either has to accept that she has aged and reinvent herself accordingly or turn into even more of a parody of her 20 year old self.
Nah not Brexit, nor even lingering Iraq feelings but so many nations hate that we (and Germany etc) are big successful nations and they aren't and even more that they know we produce so much excellent music year after year but offer up such insulting dross for our Eurovision entries. 

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2391 on: May 20, 2019, 09:12:06 AM »
Wise

Brilliant, you suffered so we didn't have to... worthy:
angel1

We timed it so we wouldn't have to watch any of it live and then the sods over ran so we had to watch much of the voting live.  Was funny when Germany got not a single point from the actual audience voting and nor should they.

As ever the Enosis conspiracy meant Greece and Cyprus licked each other's arses with douze points each but even that's not funny anymore, just predictably boring.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2392 on: February 21, 2020, 09:16:01 PM »
So apparently France's culture minister is throwing a tantrum because their entry into this years Eurovision has English lyrics.  happy002

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8029535/French-Eurovision-song-denounced-countrys-culture-minister-using-English-lyrics.html

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2393 on: February 22, 2020, 05:25:58 AM »
So apparently France's culture minister is throwing a tantrum because their entry into this years Eurovision has English lyrics.  happy002

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8029535/French-Eurovision-song-denounced-countrys-culture-minister-using-English-lyrics.html

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2394 on: July 01, 2020, 10:28:04 AM »
BBC marks Will Ferrell's Eurovision fillum for accuracy

And it scores low  noooo:, why do Americans just not do facts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53217853

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2395 on: May 18, 2021, 11:36:45 AM »
All nice and ready like...  Popcorn:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve