Author Topic: 'Diversity' at it's best  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
'Diversity' at it's best
« on: July 31, 2019, 05:03:42 AM »
It's been clear over at least the last couple of years that the Democrat party is lurching further and further towards the hard left, but this latest incident is just sheer lunacy. Alison Jaslow, the former executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee resigned earlier this week after Democrat Reps. Vicente González and Filemon Vela of Texas called for her resignation over the weekend. What was her crime I hear you ask, what did this 2 time combat veteran, highly respected member of the party and strong advocate for the rights of all veterans do? Absolutely nothing, she was sacrificed on the altar of diversity so that she could be replaced by a person of colour.

Her departure came after Reps. Vicente González and Filemon Vela of Texas called for her resignation over the weekend.

"The DCCC is now in complete chaos," they said in a joint statement to Politico on Sunday.

"The single most immediate action that Cheri Bustos can take to restore confidence in the organization and to promote diversity is to appoint a qualified person of color, of which there are many, as executive director at once."

Her statement on her resignation shows that she has more honour and integrity that most of the rest of the party. After all, the 2 representatives who called for her resignation wouldn't offer to stand down so that they could be replaced by someone who is more inclusive.

"When I was in eighth grade, I decided that my life would be dedicated to serving my country," Jaslow said. "My commitment to the mission, our country and the people who commit their lives to serving it is unwavering.

"And, sometimes selfless service means having the courage to take a bow for the sake of the mission -- especially when the stakes are so high."

Her full statement is here https://twitter.com/jaslow/status/1155903279521550337

https://spectator.us/dem-chair-allison-jaslow-birthday/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: 'Diversity' at it's best
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 05:06:07 AM »
It's been clear over at least the last couple of years that the Democrat party is lurching further and further towards the hard left, but this latest incident is just sheer lunacy. Alison Jaslow, the former executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee resigned earlier this week after Democrat Reps. Vicente González and Filemon Vela of Texas called for her resignation over the weekend. What was her crime I hear you ask, what did this 2 time combat veteran, highly respected member of the party and strong advocate for the rights of all veterans do? Absolutely nothing, she was sacrificed on the altar of diversity so that she could be replaced by a person of colour.

Her departure came after Reps. Vicente González and Filemon Vela of Texas called for her resignation over the weekend.

"The DCCC is now in complete chaos," they said in a joint statement to Politico on Sunday.

"The single most immediate action that Cheri Bustos can take to restore confidence in the organization and to promote diversity is to appoint a qualified person of color, of which there are many, as executive director at once."

Her statement on her resignation shows that she has more honour and integrity that most of the rest of the party. After all, the 2 representatives who called for her resignation wouldn't offer to stand down so that they could be replaced by someone who is more inclusive.

"When I was in eighth grade, I decided that my life would be dedicated to serving my country," Jaslow said. "My commitment to the mission, our country and the people who commit their lives to serving it is unwavering.

"And, sometimes selfless service means having the courage to take a bow for the sake of the mission -- especially when the stakes are so high."

Her full statement is here https://twitter.com/jaslow/status/1155903279521550337

https://spectator.us/dem-chair-allison-jaslow-birthday/

The World (well, parts of the West) has gone mad...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:59:20 AM »
Everyone knows it's not discrimination when used against a white person. Or is that a person of non-colour?

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 08:53:55 AM »
 noooo:  not good at all
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
Everyone knows it's not discrimination when used against a white person. Or is that a person of non-colour?
Definitely a black mark against the Democrats noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 11:30:51 AM »
Looks like it's a full purge, communications director Jared Smith, comms aide Melissa Miller, political director Molly Ritner, deputy executive director Nick Pancrazio and director of diversity Van Ornelas have all quit/been forced out/delete as appropriate as well.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Nick

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 04:20:19 PM »
*its  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 05:40:17 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 05:45:58 PM »
*its  whistle:

facepalm:

"to figure out which is correct for your sentence, just swap in “it is” and then “it has“. If the sentence makes sense with either of those substitutions, use it's."   angel1

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »
*its  whistle:

facepalm:

"to figure out which is correct for your sentence, just swap in “it is” and then “it has“. If the sentence makes sense with either of those substitutions, use it's."   angel1
Quite so. Nick must have been breathing too many household cleaner fumes.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 05:58:01 PM »
*its  whistle:

facepalm:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »
*its  whistle:

facepalm:

lol: lol: lol:
lol: lol: lol: lol:

and  :thumbsup: Uncle for sticking your ground
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Nick

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 06:30:38 PM »
If I agreed with Uncle we would both be wrong  ::)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 08:19:13 PM »
Whatever

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 12:15:03 AM »
Not the same since the little "coon " left .... noooo:  best dancer out the lot ..