Author Topic: Brexit again  (Read 14812 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Brexit again
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »
It is fun watching the ex-pats here ..all panicing ... lol:   Expecting to be kicked out ... lol: lol:

I lived here pre EU  (Cyprus )....

I know... We came in 2002...

The amazing thing is how the Remoaners suddenly shuddup about it when one of their dire predictions doesn't actually happen but just switch to the next instead...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2019, 02:47:58 PM »
Must be ficked by the exchange rate and the possible loss of healthcare.....

Well, of course they all claim the exchange rate has fallen from £1 = €1.40 as if it was always that...  lol:

But they get reciprocal healthcare if retired and Cyprus is just introducing a 'NHS' style health system...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2019, 03:00:14 PM »

Well, of course they all claim the exchange rate has fallen from £1 = €1.40 as if it was always that...  lol:

But they get reciprocal healthcare if retired and Cyprus is just introducing a 'NHS' style health system...
:thumbsup:

Cyprus isn't going to want to lose the money bearing retired anymore than Spain is.   I'd have thought the only real risk is on right to work and I'm assuming that being there pre EU improves rights on that

I will happilly bet a fair few Zimbawean dollars (and maybe real ones) that if there's no deal we will see story after story of tabloid stories about tattooed fools that should have bought travel insurance, didn't and really shouldn't have jumped from great heights into shallow ends of pools in Cyprus etc

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2019, 03:25:28 PM »

Cyprus isn't going to want to lose the money bearing retired anymore than Spain is.   I'd have thought the only real risk is on right to work and I'm assuming that being there pre EU improves rights on that

I will happilly bet a fair few Zimbawean dollars (and maybe real ones) that if there's no deal we will see story after story of tabloid stories about tattooed fools that should have bought travel insurance, didn't and really shouldn't have jumped from great heights into shallow ends of pools in Cyprus etc

Thumbs:

Personally prefered pre=EU .......a lot cheaper ..although less choice of consumer goods ... rubschin:

There were no twiglets ....... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2019, 03:26:36 PM »

Thumbs:

Personally prefered pre=EU .......a lot cheaper ..although less choice of consumer goods ... rubschin:

Yes, fuel was dirt cheap...  cry:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »

Thumbs:

Yep and Booze ..and local grub ...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »

Thumbs:

Yarp...  sad24:

I loved all of those 'look alike' spirits, 'Cyprus Comfort'...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2019, 04:17:24 PM »

Thumbs:

Yarp...  sad24:

Famous Goose ..even had same label .... ;D ;D

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2019, 04:22:44 PM »

Thumbs:

Yarp...  sad24:

lol: lol: lol:

The barstaff used to say, "do you want local spirits or real ones?"

If they asked for a real one they would get a glass of spirit poured from a Famous Grouse bottle that had been re-filled 437 times with Famous Goose!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2019, 04:25:02 PM »
facepalm:

And that's if they were lucky?

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »

Thumbs:

Yarp...  sad24:

If they asked for a real one they would get a glass of spirit poured from a Famous Grouse bottle that had been re-filled 437 times with Famous Goose!

Yep ...and all the wankers ...."I only drink imported ".......... point:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2019, 05:24:50 PM »

Thumbs:

Yarp...  sad24:

Yep ...and all the wankers ...."I only drink imported ".......... point:

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2019, 09:02:49 AM »
Just when you think that parliament can't look any more ludicrous...

Throwing yourself over Bercow to prevent him from leaving, the rest of the world must think we are a bloody laughing stock  noooo:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7446767/Self-serving-patronising-morons-Fury-Remainer-MPs-scuffle-stop-Parliaments-suspension.html

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2019, 09:11:11 AM »
As ridiculous as an unelected PM with a negative majority of -28 seeking to use a faux GE timing device to be able to take us out on no deal without further parliamentary scrutiny?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2019, 09:19:58 AM »
You mean a parliament that has decided the referendum result wasn't what they wanted and have been hell for leather in their attempts to stop Brexit despite the hypocrisy of knowing that despite the referendum using the exact same procedures and protocols as the election that voted them in, in most, if not all cases, the percentage majority who voted to leave is greater than the percentage of those who did not vote them into individual office. An opposition leader who's only reason for blocking legitimate elections is that he knows he has royally fucked over his party's heartland and would get hammered at the polls. A speaker who has ignored the core tenant of his role to be an impartial voice. A remain core who have gone out of their way to weaken the bargaining position of the UK just for the chance of being able to overturn a democratic decision.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.