Disgusterous

Author Topic: Grumpy has just applied for...  (Read 29036 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 158953
  • Reputation: -59
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2025, 07:54:20 AM »
If this ever turns out to be a genuine vacancy I could be tempted for a couple of years...  rubschin:



Go for it!  Thumbs:


Although Nick might be better qualified...  rubschin:






« Last Edit: March 22, 2025, 07:56:16 AM by Barman »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2025, 11:23:54 AM »
Although Nick might be better qualified...  rubschin:








Don't think their insurance policy would cover that many shipwrecks..  whistle:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2025, 04:58:56 PM »


 rubschin:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 158953
  • Reputation: -59
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2025, 05:28:34 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 69251
  • Reputation: -4
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2026, 12:01:30 PM »
Been sent an email asking me if I'd be interested in being an armed close protection officer in Somalia for £195 a day.  noooo:

I believe the phrase is bugger that for a game of soldiers.  lol:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Steve

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 69251
  • Reputation: -4
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2026, 12:20:27 PM »
Been sent an email asking me if I'd be interested in being an armed close protection officer in Somalia for £195 a day.  noooo:

I believe the phrase is bugger that for a game of soldiers.  lol:
eeek:

Could also be another one that requires applicants to go for special training in Russia which ends up being in the meat grinder of their front line

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2026, 12:29:59 PM »
Been sent an email asking me if I'd be interested in being an armed close protection officer in Somalia for £195 a day.  noooo:

I believe the phrase is bugger that for a game of soldiers.  lol:
eeek:

Could also be another one that requires applicants to go for special training in Russia which ends up being in the meat grinder of their front line

Sent them a reply thanking them for the offer but pointing out that I haven't used a firearm in around 30 years and while I've more recent experience with archery, walking around carrying a compound bow in my hand with a broadhead arrow nocked might preclude some armed idiot taking pot shots at whoever I'd be guarding just for the hell of it.  lol:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 158953
  • Reputation: -59
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2026, 01:36:28 PM »
Been sent an email asking me if I'd be interested in being an armed close protection officer in Somalia for £195 a day.  noooo:

I believe the phrase is bugger that for a game of soldiers.  lol:
eeek:

Could also be another one that requires applicants to go for special training in Russia which ends up being in the meat grinder of their front line

Sent them a reply thanking them for the offer but pointing out that I haven't used a firearm in around 30 years and while I've more recent experience with archery, walking around carrying a compound bow in my hand with a broadhead arrow nocked might preclude some armed idiot taking pot shots at whoever I'd be guarding just for the hell of it.  lol:

 lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2026, 02:35:19 PM »
Been sent an email asking me if I'd be interested in being an armed close protection officer in Somalia for £195 a day.  noooo:

I believe the phrase is bugger that for a game of soldiers.  lol:
eeek:

Could also be another one that requires applicants to go for special training in Russia which ends up being in the meat grinder of their front line

Sent them a reply thanking them for the offer but pointing out that I haven't used a firearm in around 30 years and while I've more recent experience with archery, walking around carrying a compound bow in my hand with a broadhead arrow nocked might preclude some armed idiot taking pot shots at whoever I'd be guarding just for the hell of it.  lol:

 lol: lol: lol:

Well so much for that working, they just sent me another offer. This time working close protection in the UAE. Bugger that for a lark, even if the rocket attacks weren't a factor it's bloody hot out there.  lol:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2026, 10:57:01 PM »
Just had an email telling me that Nick’s Motors is hiring for Garage service advisor/front of house.

 eeek:


 scared2:


 scared:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 158953
  • Reputation: -59
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2026, 06:14:03 AM »
Just had an email telling me that Nick’s Motors is hiring for Garage service advisor/front of house.

 eeek:


 scared2:


 scared:


 scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2026, 07:36:21 AM »
Just had an email telling me that Nick’s Motors is hiring for Garage service advisor/front of house.

 eeek:


 scared2:


 scared:


 scared2:

Apparently they are short of spare parts at the moment..  whistle:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Grumpmeister

  • Power Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 39629
  • Reputation: -24
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2026, 10:32:07 PM »
Well the PMC idjits sent me another close protection officer vacancy. This one is £180 to work in Ukraine, Iraq, Libya and Somalia as a FEMALE close protection officer. Now I admit that the first thing I did after reading the message was check down the front of my trousers to make sure nothing had fallen off without me noticing.

Not sure if it was a genuine mistake or some cheeky bastard is taking the piss in response to my compound bow comment  lol:
Life is absurd and sometimes you need a short angry agent of chaos to make things right.

Offline Barman

  • Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 158953
  • Reputation: -59
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Grumpy has just applied for...
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2026, 05:22:54 AM »
Well the PMC idjits sent me another close protection officer vacancy. This one is £180 to work in Ukraine, Iraq, Libya and Somalia as a FEMALE close protection officer. Now I admit that the first thing I did after reading the message was check down the front of my trousers to make sure nothing had fallen off without me noticing.

Not sure if it was a genuine mistake or some cheeky bastard is taking the piss in response to my compound bow comment  lol:

 noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: