Disgusterous

Author Topic: Windows 10 free upgrade offer  (Read 67111 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Windows 10 free upgrade offer
« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2015, 02:31:47 AM »
Apparently the big all singing all dancing upgrade could be launched in less than a week...  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2015, 07:56:52 AM »
Apparently the big all singing all dancing upgrade could be launched in less than a week...  rubschin:

Upgrade you say....?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2015, 08:00:53 AM »
Some of us have more sense than to have anything to do with Windows "upgrades"  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2015, 08:26:57 AM »
Some of us have more sense than to have anything to do with Windows "upgrades"  whistle:

And yet my Windows 10 upgrade has been relatively painless. Perhaps those who have suffered are colossal PICNICs?

Offline Nick

« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »
BM is an mong, you say? rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2015, 08:40:56 AM »

And yet my Windows 10 upgrade has been relatively painless. Perhaps those who have suffered are colossal PICNICs?

evil:

I guess it depends on the hardware and software or summat - logically it is unlikely to work for all of the people all of the time.... It said my laptop was not suitable but my desktop was...

Logically when it analyses your computer for suitability there must be a grey area between those that are a perfect fit and those it will never work on.... even then, without analysing every software package (or ap ::) ) that you use there will be outliers that mean the Window$ experience is less than satisfactory...

I guess your rather simple system and needs were a shoe-in....?

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2015, 09:12:38 AM »

evil:

I guess
it depends on the hardware and software or summat - logically it is unlikely to work for all of the people all of the time.... It said my laptop was not suitable but my desktop was...

Logically when it analyses your computer for suitability there must be a grey area between those that are a perfect fit and those it will never work on.... even then, without analysing every software package (or ap ::) ) that you use there will be outliers that mean the Window$ experience is less than satisfactory...

Lots of guessing hardly forms a coherent case...logically the conclusion is that PICNICism is alive and well in Cyprus  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »

evil:

I guess
it depends on the hardware and software or summat - logically it is unlikely to work for all of the people all of the time.... It said my laptop was not suitable but my desktop was...

Lots of guessing hardly forms a coherent case...logically the conclusion is that PICNICism is alive and well in Cyprus  whistle:

Perhaps my PC is hampered in some way....?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »

noooo:

It works very well with compatible PCs and software.  Sadly Microshit told people with incompatible PCs and Software that their's was 100% compatible.  Press ganged beta testers we were.

PISNIC
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2015, 12:57:58 AM »

evil:

I guess

A PICNIC basket case you say...  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2015, 09:29:32 PM »
It has just fecking popped up again!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #237 on: November 05, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2015, 12:25:19 AM »
If you say yes it stops.popping  up...   whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2015, 05:19:27 AM »
If you say yes it stops.popping  up...   whistle:

evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: