Disgusterous

Author Topic: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For  (Read 49071 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2539190/Parliament-posers-Taxpayer-billed-250-000-MPs-order-paintings-statues-photographs-other.html

The £10k cost average may be a 'pittance' compared to the total running costs of the government but lets not lie or misdirect here. You are still expecting the taxpayer to fork out for a vanity project that costs almost as much as some people earn in a year. And lets not forget that some of these rancid arrogant bastards were forking out for a hell of a lot more than that out of OUR taxes. Lets look at Bercow the poison dwarf for example - £22000 for the painting with a further £15000 for the frame including the creation of a fucking coat of arms. Its the 21st century for crying out loud, why the hell does that repellent worm need a bleeding coat of arms?

Now as it is blindingly obvious that you live in an ivory tower and have little or no idea about how people live in the real world I'll help you by putting that into perspective, the average salary for a newly qualified band 5 nurse is somewhere in the region of £21000. His vanity project would have almost paid for an entire years wage for 2 nurses, and that is a resource that our overworked health service desperately needs.

A pittance you say...

Another example of just how rancid corrupt and toxic the entire fucking system has become we say.  cussing:

Now if we are talking about a politician who has retired or died after spending their entire career going above and beyond trying to make a difference for their constituents and not troughing for whatever they could get then fair enough they have earned that privilege. But If it is one of our current crop of MP's want one of these vanity projects then they can fork out for them themselves, after all most of them would have kept their inflation busting pay rise regardless of the pretend outcry from our so called leaders.

Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2539190/Parliament-posers-Taxpayer-billed-250-000-MPs-order-paintings-statues-photographs-other.html

The £10k cost average may be a 'pittance' compared to the total running costs of the government but lets not lie or misdirect here. You are still expecting the taxpayer to fork out for a vanity project that costs almost as much as some people earn in a year. And lets not forget that some of these rancid arrogant bastards were forking out for a hell of a lot more than that out of OUR taxes. Lets look at Bercow the poison dwarf for example - £22000 for the painting with a further £15000 for the frame including the creation of a fucking coat of arms. Its the 21st century for crying out loud, why the hell does that repellent worm need a bleeding coat of arms?

Now as it is blindingly obvious that you live in an ivory tower and have little or no idea about how people live in the real world I'll help you by putting that into perspective, the average salary for a newly qualified band 5 nurse is somewhere in the region of £21000. His vanity project would have almost paid for an entire years wage for 2 nurses, and that is a resource that our overworked health service desperately needs.

A pittance you say...

Another example of just how rancid corrupt and toxic the entire fucking system has become we say.  cussing:

Now if we are talking about a politician who has retired or died after spending their entire career going above and beyond trying to make a difference for their constituents and not troughing for whatever they could get then fair enough they have earned that privilege. But If it is one of our current crop of MP's want one of these vanity projects then they can fork out for them themselves, after all most of them would have kept their inflation busting pay rise regardless of the pretend outcry from our so called leaders.

Quite right....  Thumbs:

How can you possibly justify 22 bags of sand while people are struggling to pay their energy bills...  noooo:

Get a £100 camera and take pictures of those that think they are so important - they can have paintings one later when there is some cash...

Anyhooo... why do we need these pictures...? the people that actually pay for them aren't even allowed to see them....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
All very wrong no doubt

But it seems this has been 1 sometimes 2 MPs per year since 1995.   That means over 630 MPs have never been so painted.

Make those that have pay for their vanity.    FWIW I'd pay good money to ensure no one ever painted me
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:11 PM »
I was so cross I called Diane Abbott to ask about her painting. Her unpaid intern threatened me I would be arrested.  eeek:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
I was so cross I called Diane Abbott to ask about her painting. Her unpaid intern threatened me I would be arrested.  eeek:

lol: lol: lol: Good man!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
Its just a thought but seeing as Abbot is 'supposedly' a public servant and public funds were used to pay for this vanity project if someone was to set up a campaign where people rang her to ask how she could justify wasting taxpayers money like that would it class as harassment?  rubschin:

I have to admit, as an experiment I'm half considering the E-petitions website, its a pretty safe bet that it could get at least 100k signatures especially if it's mentioned on Guido and related sites. I'm just wondering if it would make it into a commons debate or whether  it would be swept under the carpet.  rubschin:

Mind you if it did hit target and wasn't chosen for a debate there are one or two rabid newspapers that would probably enjoy the story..
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
Its just a thought but seeing as Abbot is 'supposedly' a public servant and public funds were used to pay for this vanity project if someone was to set up a campaign where people rang her to ask how she could justify wasting taxpayers money like that would it class as harassment?  rubschin:

I have to admit, as an experiment I'm half considering the E-petitions website, its a pretty safe bet that it could get at least 100k signatures especially if it's mentioned on Guido and related sites. I'm just wondering if it would make it into a commons debate or whether  it would be swept under the carpet.  rubschin:

Mind you if it did hit target and wasn't chosen for a debate there are one or two rabid newspapers that would probably enjoy the story..

A plan........ Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:18 AM »
Just a quick follow on to Rees-Mogg's 'pittance' comments, the money you have dismissed as not being important could have been used to get this woman treatment for the depleted uranium exposure she underwent while serving in Iraq. It is an absolute disgrace that her family has had to raise the money for treatment themselves while your friends and colleagues in their ivory towers enjoy their undeserved perks or do you believe that you are more deserving than those who stand in the thin red line.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2539982/Army-medic-exposed-uranium-Iraq-faces-race-against-time-raise-remaining-25-000-life-saving-treatment.html

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »
I am a gayer

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2014, 04:56:24 PM »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2014, 05:00:15 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2014, 05:05:34 PM »
Anyhoo back on topic...

So after the backlash about MP's sitting for taxpayer funded portraits Septic Clegg, no I'm sorry 'the house of commons', has decided that he deserves one as well. One question, just what in the name of holy hell have you done since making it into office to earn the right to one of these portraits. Hmm lets see, what have you been responsible for that has been a benefit to the UK...

... Nope I can't think of a single fucking thing. You want a portrait that represents everything that you have done for us? Stick a photograph on the front of a dartboard you 2 faced mealy mouthed gobshite!! As much as I can't stand Harriet Harman at least she pulled out of having her portrait done when she was chosen as 'it wasn't appropriate'. cussing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550279/Nick-Cleggs-10-000-portrait-Deputy-PM-attacked-outrageous-extravagance.html

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »
It was Clegg that demanded and got that hike in basic income tax allowance
Well, whatever, nevermind