Author Topic: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For  (Read 49082 times)

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
Re: Bizarre Things You Are Paying For
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2013, 10:43:49 AM »
 noooo: noooo: noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
I know that this was back in the 70's rather then something we are currently paying for but God I hope its just another case of the DM not researching their stories properly.  noooo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520083/Probe-claims-government-gave-money-child-sex-ring-70s.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »
Perhaps this is a simplistic way of looking at things but if you are having to pay these companies to shut down because they are creating too much electricity doesn't it stand to reason that they weren't needed in the first place or at the very least shouldn't have been built until the national grid had been upgraded with increased storage capacity?  noooo:

This weather is supposed to last for the next month or so, are you going to keep making payments or was this just a one off?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10542388/Wind-farms-handed-5-million-to-switch-off-turbines-as-thousands-of-homes-left-without-power.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2013, 07:27:55 AM »
Perhaps this is a simplistic way of looking at things but if you are having to pay these companies to shut down because they are creating too much electricity doesn't it stand to reason that they weren't needed in the first place or at the very least shouldn't have been built until the national grid had been upgraded with increased storage capacity?  noooo:

This weather is supposed to last for the next month or so, are you going to keep making payments or was this just a one off?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10542388/Wind-farms-handed-5-million-to-switch-off-turbines-as-thousands-of-homes-left-without-power.html

noooo: noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2013, 07:32:41 AM »

You couldn't make it up....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Adventure

• Wet behind the ears
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2013, 07:34:18 AM »

You couldn't make it up....  noooo:
Unbelievable noooo:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 05:44:34 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538658/Parliament-posers-Taxpayer-billed-250-000-MPs-order-paintings-statues-photographs-other.html

I am going to print the one of Diane Abbot and hang it on my wall to keep evil spirits away.  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 06:26:56 AM »
Are you nonpc perchance Baldy?

Dianne Abbott needs to be a face on a toilet roll holder.

lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 11:18:13 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538658/Parliament-posers-Taxpayer-billed-250-000-MPs-order-paintings-statues-photographs-other.html

I am going to print the one of Diane Abbot and hang it on my wall to keep evil spirits away.  Thumbs:

What a disgustingly ugly fat racist cow she is.....  sick2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »

What a disgustingly ugly fat racist cow she is.....  sick2:
and that's on her good days
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »
Looking at the portrait its possible that this was a nude. If so then most if not all of the money paid would have gone towards giving the poor bastard who had to paint it therapy.  eeek:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »
Looking at the portrait its possible that this was a nude. If so then most if not all of the money paid would have gone towards giving the poor bastard who had to paint it therapy.  eeek:
sick2:

That whole thought has rather put me off my food.  Dinner tonight might now be a reverse flux concept
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »
sick2:

That whole thought has rather put me off my food.  Dinner tonight might now be a reverse flux concept

Indeed... Imagine a wizard's sleeve staring you in the face for hours while you are trying to paint....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2539190/Parliament-posers-Taxpayer-billed-250-000-MPs-order-paintings-statues-photographs-other.html

The £10k cost average may be a 'pittance' compared to the total running costs of the government but lets not lie or misdirect here. You are still expecting the taxpayer to fork out for a vanity project that costs almost as much as some people earn in a year. And lets not forget that some of these rancid arrogant bastards were forking out for a hell of a lot more than that out of OUR taxes. Lets look at Bercow the poison dwarf for example - £22000 for the painting with a further £15000 for the frame including the creation of a fucking coat of arms. Its the 21st century for crying out loud, why the hell does that repellent worm need a bleeding coat of arms?

Now as it is blindingly obvious that you live in an ivory tower and have little or no idea about how people live in the real world I'll help you by putting that into perspective, the average salary for a newly qualified band 5 nurse is somewhere in the region of £21000. His vanity project would have almost paid for an entire years wage for 2 nurses, and that is a resource that our overworked health service desperately needs.

A pittance you say...

Another example of just how rancid corrupt and toxic the entire fucking system has become we say.  cussing:

Now if we are talking about a politician who has retired or died after spending their entire career going above and beyond trying to make a difference for their constituents and not troughing for whatever they could get then fair enough they have earned that privilege. But If it is one of our current crop of MP's want one of these vanity projects then they can fork out for them themselves, after all most of them would have kept their inflation busting pay rise regardless of the pretend outcry from our so called leaders.