Author Topic: Fooking laptop/AVG  (Read 19364 times)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Re: Fooking laptop/AVG
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Its a temporary measure until I can get a hold of an XP disk, the alternative is a laptop shaped paperweight.

Well the keyboard, trackpad and wireless are back up again so its a good sign so far. Unfortunately nobody can remember the bloody password for the home hub. Banghead

Wine is an emulation program you one track mind pisshead  lol:

If this is a BT Home Hub we're taliking about, the default is admin - unless you've changed it, in which case, do a reset using the button and it will reset to the default.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
Well apart from some minor compatibility issues with the windows software I'm testing everything has worked pretty well so far and my laptop is back to speedio again.  cloud9:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »
Well apart from some minor compatibility issues with the windows software I'm testing everything has worked pretty well so far and my laptop is back to speedio again.  cloud9:

char048
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »
Don't get snippy with me just because I bother to read the instructions old boy.  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »
Linux developers are nuts, looking through medibuntu's utility list when this came up  lol:

Hot-babe is a small graphical utility which display the system activity in a very special way. When the CPU is idle, it displays a dressed girl, and when the activity goes up, as the temperature increases, the girl begins to undress, to finish totally naked when the system activity reaches 100%. Of course, if you can be shocked by nudity, don't use it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »
Linux developers are nuts, looking through medibuntu's utility list when this came up  lol:

Hot-babe is a small graphical utility which display the system activity in a very special way. When the CPU is idle, it displays a dressed girl, and when the activity goes up, as the temperature increases, the girl begins to undress, to finish totally naked when the system activity reaches 100%. Of course, if you can be shocked by nudity, don't use it!

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »
You took linux off BM  lol: , although if you are going go give it another shot Oneiric Ocelot seems a decent build (What the hell are they smoking when they name them anyway??)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
Raspberry Pi are only available from 2 suppliers due to licensing arrangements. Amazon are not able to supply.
Raspberry PIs are on order here ~ for small boys who wish to learn "programming". Delivery times are lengthy at the moment.

Oh and it doesn't just end with the delivery ... there are all sorts of downloads to make it work ~ which will no doubt increase the price considerably by the time they've finished.

Did you get them?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »
 whacky115
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 04:10:32 PM »
Raspberry Pi are only available from 2 suppliers due to licensing arrangements. Amazon are not able to supply.
Raspberry PIs are on order here ~ for small boys who wish to learn "programming". Delivery times are lengthy at the moment.

Oh and it doesn't just end with the delivery ... there are all sorts of downloads to make it work ~ which will no doubt increase the price considerably by the time they've finished.

No ~ there seemed to be continuing delivery problems so I gave up...... also the price has rocketed skywards as have the essential "extras".
No longer a cheap toy for the boys. They'd now rather have tablets anyway.  ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:15 PM »

No ~ there seemed to be continuing delivery problems so I gave up...... also the price has rocketed skywards as have the essential "extras".

Okay...

You can get them on ebay for £30... I have a spare monitor and am thinking of getting one to stream telly to it....  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 04:27:37 PM »

Okay...

You can get them on ebay for £30... I have a spare monitor and am thinking of getting one to stream telly to it....  rubschin:

Now why would you want to do that? You know it won't work the way you hope.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »

Okay...

Now why would you want to do that? You know it won't work the way you hope.

A challenge!  eveilgrin:

rubschin:

You could be right...

For thirty quid tho - given I have the power supply, memory, keyboard, mouse....  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
My mouse .......... evil:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
My mouse .......... evil:

I gave it back...  ::)

Don't you remember - I said "I'm not pleased to see you, its just a mouse in my pocket"...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: