Author Topic: Nigel nails It Again  (Read 54515 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Nigel nails It Again
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
Nice touch ~ The glass table and frequent camera shots through it of her legs.

As for Nigel ~ he does indeed nail it again but how many are listening?
UKIP may be growing but most people I ask say "Yes they agree with much of what Nigel says BUT they are not prepared to waste a vote as it will only let Tories, Labour and Libdems divi the government up between them" People blame UKIP more than anyone else for the Coalition we currently have "If only the UKIP votes had stayed with the Tories" I hear time and again.  Banghead
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
Nice touch ~ The glass table and frequent camera shots through it of her legs.

As for Nigel ~ he does indeed nail it again but how many are listening?
UKIP may be growing but most people I ask say "Yes they agree with much of what Nigel says BUT they are not prepared to waste a vote as it will only let Tories, Labour and Libdems divi the government up between them" People blame UKIP more than anyone else for the Coalition we currently have "If only the UKIP votes had stayed with the Tories" I hear time and again.  Banghead

I think more and more are listening... It is slow tho...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »
Until mainstream media (as opposed to www media) and the national papers in the UK pick up on all he is saying instead of having a wankfest over Cameron, Clegg and Milliband making pathetic and meaningless speeches to their own band of converts UKIP are not going to get there. Look at the TV coverage of the past three weeks + in Wales only we have of course had some programmes from the Plaid's conference. UKIP conference got so little cover it was untrue.
Prolly BM has not had the almost non-stop barrage from the "Big Three" conferences that those in the UK have been subjected to but if Nick Robinson pops up on my screen again I shall do a Growler on it!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »
Until mainstream media (as opposed to www media) and the national papers in the UK pick up on all he is saying instead of having a wankfest over Cameron, Clegg and Milliband making pathetic and meaningless speeches to their own band of converts UKIP are not going to get there. Look at the TV coverage of the past three weeks + in Wales only we have of course had some programmes from the Plaid's conference. UKIP conference got so little cover it was untrue.
Prolly BM has not had the almost non-stop barrage from the "Big Three" conferences that those in the UK have been subjected to but if Nick Robinson pops up on my screen again I shall do a Growler on it!

Consistently ahead of the Limp Dumbs now....

Although the fact that 41% would still vote Labour is enough to make you  Banghead until your head splits asunder...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Paphitis

• Wet behind the ears
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »
I got to say that Nigel impresses me a great deal. He does tell it the way it is.

The Eurozone has been a complete failure. The single currency has devastated Greece, Spain and Portugal. Italy, Ireland and Cyprus are also on their way to economic oblivion. I take my hat off to the UK. I use to think the UK was just anti EU to begin with years ago but now I realize that the euro skepticism has proven to be justified. The UK was smart to opt out.

I actually hope that Greece can free itself from the EU and the Eurozone. I also hope that my beloved Cyprus opts out as well before it is too late. However, there is a political advantage in Cyprus staying in given the current status quo and occupation.

From the outside looking in, the Eurozone has been a disastrous failed experiment that has no hope of resurrecting itself.  Banghead
Prepare for the unknown, unexpected and inconceivable....

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »
Nigel on HIGNFY tonight  :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 05:23:22 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2012, 06:55:44 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2012, 07:04:16 AM »
It's never quite as black and white as it's made out:

Has the EU Budget been rejected by auditors for the past 18 years?

rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »
It's never quite as black and white as it's made out:

Has the EU Budget been rejected by auditors for the past 18 years?

rubschin:

I stopped reading when I got to this bit: -

Error - especially in budgets the size of €130 billion - happens.

Having run a tiny business by comparison (turnover £5½M) I know that errors don't 'just happen' - it is your job to make sure they don't. You can't afford for errors to happen... Not only do you risk going broke if errors happen, the tax man is all over you at the merest whiff of misappropriation of funds...

The problem with the EU (like the UK gubberment) is that it is funded from the magic money tree - there is no risk of going broke or being punished if you piss-away a few millions of €uros...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2012, 08:00:35 AM »
I stopped reading

Good move ~ you wouldn't want to have to question your prejudices.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »
I stopped reading

No, I have a fundamental issue with an article which starts off by accepting that errors 'happen' and that they are therefore acceptable. That tells me all I need to know about the content and conclusions of the article.

Try telling the Inland revenue, your accountant or the VAT inspector that 'errors happen' and see where that gets you...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
I stopped reading

No, I have a fundamental issue with an article which starts off by accepting that errors 'happen' and that they are therefore acceptable. That tells me all I need to know about the content and conclusions of the article.

Try telling the Inland revenue, your accountant or the VAT inspector that 'errors happen' and see where that gets you...

+1     :thumbsup:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2012, 11:22:41 AM »

The article doesn't state that the errors are 'acceptable' It points out the failings of the EU budget but also crucially points out that 80% of the money is administered by the member states rather than directly from the centre. So who's actually making the errors?

Anyway it concludes with "...the EU Budget has not been "rejected" or "refused" by the auditors"  (admittedly with caveats) ~ not quite what Nigel and the headlines would have us believe. And why I pointed out that things aren't as black and white as stated.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
Good to hear Nigel giving Evan Davies a verbal thumping on Today this a.m. over the Rotherham Council business   :thumbsup:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"