Disgusterous

Author Topic: Coming up on the box  (Read 365085 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Coming up on the box
« Reply #3720 on: June 12, 2020, 09:02:08 PM »
Also Mindhunter on Netflix ...excellento   :thumbsup:

If you liked Mindhunter it was based upon one of the books written by John Douglas about his time working as one of the first Criminal Profilers for the FBI. They are well worth a look.  :thumbsup:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3721 on: June 19, 2020, 09:09:21 AM »
Also Mindhunter on Netflix ...excellento   :thumbsup:

Agreed!

Just two episodes into Series #1  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3722 on: June 21, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »
Should I watch The Imitation Game (Channel 14 at 6.45) about how we broke the Engima code or U571 (Channel 40 at 6.40) about how the Muricans did it?  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3723 on: June 21, 2020, 03:06:17 PM »
Should I watch The Imitation Game (Channel 14 at 6.45) about how we broke the Engima code or U571 (Channel 40 at 6.40) about how the Muricans did it?  rubschin:

The Imitation Game...  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3724 on: June 21, 2020, 03:15:12 PM »
I have it on DVD. I like submarine films rubschin:

Is it OK if I watch the sub film while wearing a face mask and then burn the mask afterwards?  rubschin:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3725 on: June 21, 2020, 05:35:22 PM »
I have it on DVD. I like submarine films rubschin:

Is it OK if I watch the sub film while wearing a face mask and then burn the mask afterwards?  rubschin:

Too many "going down" jokes ... noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3726 on: June 21, 2020, 06:02:37 PM »
Is there one showing how who really broke it (the Poles)?     Sadly no
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #3727 on: June 21, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »
 eeek:  You mean history is not accurate and is nationalistic  eeek: eeek:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3728 on: June 21, 2020, 06:59:40 PM »
eeek:  You mean history is not accurate and is nationalistic  eeek: eeek:
History no, cinema yes

Don't get me on the Dam Busters and no I'm not talking of his dog

Offline Nick

« Reply #3729 on: June 21, 2020, 07:12:44 PM »
The dog that dare not speak its name?

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #3730 on: June 21, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »

Three years ago I stopped at a B & B that was run by an wonderfully eccentric old couple. We were having drinks one night and were talking about the history of the place and his family. It turned out that his father/grandfather(?) (I can't remember which it was) was the Captain of the ship that captured a U-boat that had an enigma machine on board. He said hang on, I'll show you some history of the event cloud9: Sextant, chronometer, photo of the U-boat Kapitan, and the U-boat being towed to Scapa Flow

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3731 on: June 21, 2020, 08:32:15 PM »
The dog that dare not speak its name?
Well yes poor Nigger the dog that sadly died same day.  However I was more referring to the failure to mention the horrible death toll when the dams that did breach flooded prisoner of war camps killing hundreds of allied forced labour workers (mainly Ukrainian IIRC)

And of course [nerd mode] they were not bouncing bombs (they'd been around for a fair while), it used bouncing depth charges (very very clever ones)  [/mode]

I did say don't get me on it

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3732 on: June 21, 2020, 08:35:22 PM »

Three years ago I stopped at a B & B that was run by an wonderfully eccentric old couple. We were having drinks one night and were talking about the history of the place and his family. It turned out that his father/grandfather(?) (I can't remember which it was) was the Captain of the ship that captured a U-boat that had an enigma machine on board. He said hang on, I'll show you some history of the event cloud9: Sextant, chronometer, photo of the U-boat Kapitan, and the U-boat being towed to Scapa Flow

:thumbsup:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3733 on: June 21, 2020, 08:57:34 PM »

eeek: Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3734 on: June 22, 2020, 03:41:44 AM »

Cool!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: