Author Topic: Coming up on the box  (Read 364671 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Coming up on the box
« Reply #3660 on: April 25, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3661 on: April 25, 2020, 08:00:57 PM »
The sad but uplifting and funny :thumbsup:

Thumbs:

Has your neighbour got Netflix then?

evil:

(I piggyback one of my Djs.. redface: redface: )..........

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3662 on: April 26, 2020, 04:11:05 AM »
Just finished After Life - sensational...  cloud9:

Going to binge tomorrow ....was it sad ??

I laughed and cried...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3663 on: April 26, 2020, 02:52:09 PM »
[serious mode]

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches

Still available on catch-up for ~20 days

'Extortion, theft, vandalism, violence: some of the crimes linked to several Traveller communities and sites across England. Anja Popp looks at the truth behind stories of criminality and lawlessness'

Everything many of us think and more and backed up with data and an interesting and well worth hearing contribution from Patrick Doherty (Gypsy prev winner of big Brother).  Overall it shows a disproportionately high % of the traveller communities while being a minority are just lawless dangers and all because the police won't do their job and the majority of those communities will neither inform on them nor take other action to reign them in.

Oh and predictably the result of the programme was complaints incl to Ofcom https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/25/channel-4s-dehumanising-truth-traveller-crime-hit-800-ofcom-complaints-12606732/

Time for tough action and concerted action starting with sacking a Chief Constable or two pour encourager les autres 

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #3664 on: April 26, 2020, 03:29:31 PM »
I go lock keeping at Newark  cloud9:  There is a huge Gippo camp there and they are a constant pain. It is so bad that the local shop security guards have their radios on the  Lock keeper frequency (Channel 94) so they can radio ahead so lockies can open lock gates to slow down their preferred escape route. noooo:

Standing orders are to lock the cabin doors and stay inside

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3665 on: April 26, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »
[serious mode]

'Extortion, theft, vandalism, violence: some of the crimes linked to several Traveller communities and sites across England. Anja Popp looks at the truth behind stories of criminality and lawlessness'

Everything many of us think and more and backed up with data and an interesting and well worth hearing contribution from Patrick Doherty (Gypsy prev winner of big Brother).  Overall it shows a disproportionately high % of the traveller communities while being a minority are just lawless dangers and all because the police won't do their job and the majority of those communities will neither inform on them nor take other action to reign them in.

Oh and predictably the result of the programme was complaints incl to Ofcom https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/25/channel-4s-dehumanising-truth-traveller-crime-hit-800-ofcom-complaints-12606732/

Time for tough action and concerted action starting with sacking a Chief Constable or two pour encourager les autres

They are scum... Everybody knows it apart from the law apparently... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3666 on: April 26, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »
[serious mode]

Oh and predictably the result of the programme was complaints incl to Ofcom https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/25/channel-4s-dehumanising-truth-traveller-crime-hit-800-ofcom-complaints-12606732/

The thing that amazed me when in Uk ..was the Tax thing ...(them not paying )...I used to flog cars in Autotrader...if you posted more than 3 adverts in a year they were onto you about being a car trader (tax etc) ..but the caravan section was same people every week ?? I used to know a few (West Kingsdown )...some were ok ..but one had the burger vans for concerts like Wembley etc ..all his Shoguns that towed the burger vans had THE SAME number plate !!!  6 of them !!....

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3667 on: April 26, 2020, 05:53:47 PM »
[serious mode]

The thing that amazed me when in Uk ..was the Tax thing ...(them not paying )...I used to flog cars in Autotrader...if you posted more than 3 adverts in a year they were onto you about being a car trader (tax etc) ..but the caravan section was same people every week ?? I used to know a few (West Kingsdown )...some were ok ..but one had the burger vans for concerts like Wembley etc ..all his Shoguns that towed the burger vans had THE SAME number plate !!!  6 of them !!....
Exactly, a big cause here is the authorities turning a blind eye because they don't like hard work and they can meet their idiot stats based targets by picking on those that won't resist

But a broadbrush 'they are scum' approach is very much not the way to go.  Worth watching the programme and the points made by that Patrick Doherty.  he didn't actually say it in so many words but he was looking for help to isolate and get rid of the drug dealing, car thieving, community intimidating, fly tipping gits in amongst them

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3668 on: April 26, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
[serious mode]

Exactly, a big cause here is the authorities turning a blind eye because they don't like hard work and they can meet their idiot stats based targets by picking on those that won't resist

But a broadbrush 'they are scum' approach is very much not the way to go.  Worth watching the programme and the points made by that Patrick Doherty.  he didn't actually say it in so many words but he was looking for help to isolate and get rid of the drug dealing, car thieving, community intimidating, fly tipping gits in amongst them

One thing they used to be, was very anti drugs .... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3669 on: April 27, 2020, 05:29:37 AM »
[serious mode]

I'll watch it for sure, but why can't 'The Community' get rid of the scum if they are a minority...?

I have to say, my observation of them pitching up near me when I lived in the UK was not that it was a minority activity.

And as yet I've never heard anybody say something along the lines of, "some gypsies pitched up near us for a week, what a lovely crowd they were. Kids were polite and they cleared everything away when they left"...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3670 on: April 27, 2020, 07:55:15 AM »
[serious mode]

I'll watch it for sure, but why can't 'The Community' get rid of the scum if they are a minority...?

I have to say, my observation of them pitching up near me when I lived in the UK was not that it was a minority activity.

And as yet I've never heard anybody say something along the lines of, "some gypsies pitched up near us for a week, what a lovely crowd they were. Kids were polite and they cleared everything away when they left"...  lol:

"I'll watch it for sure, but why can't 'The Community' get rid of the scum if they are a minority...?"

Quite.  It would be guesses but I figure a mix of intimidation and tribe mentality.

There's a degree of difference between fixed communities and those travelling mobs that pitch up, destroy an area and move on.  For the latter I'd move them on PDQ but their vehicles would be crushed, ideally in front of them unless they could show tax, insurance and legitimate purpose for each. 

The former (the fixed sites) well there are some good ones.  The one about a mile from me being OK

The issue though is the police won't do their job because they can make their stats by easier means

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3671 on: May 02, 2020, 01:27:00 PM »
Gonna watch Code 404...  rubschin:

It has Ronald Biggs and Al Capone in it, what could possibly go wrong...? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3672 on: May 02, 2020, 04:37:42 PM »

It has Ronald Biggs and Al Capone in it, what could possibly go wrong...? Shrugs:

Brilliant! happy002
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3673 on: May 02, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »

Brilliant! happy002

rubschin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3674 on: May 02, 2020, 07:08:45 PM »
Old Connery Bond film on ITV4 (live)  :thumbsup: