Author Topic: Coming up on the box  (Read 364140 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Coming up on the box
« Reply #2955 on: July 16, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »
Live is betterer than DVD  cloud9:

Spock............I've.....forgotten................my...............lines.......................Must........improvise.

rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2960 on: September 01, 2016, 07:26:40 AM »
The return of the Crystal Maze..  cloud9:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3766627/That-s-call-genius-Crystal-Maze-fans-wild-s-revealed-return-celebrity-special-David-Tennant-presenting.html

noooo:
noooo: noooo:

Too old to understand...  whistle:

It is a game show where people humiliate themselves on the tellybox for the chance of winning a few bob...  noooo:

I've never understood the desire to do such a thing TBH but then I loathe Karaoke too - just my nature I suppose. Shrugs:

There has been uproar on one of the forums here because The Chase was off air for a few weeks or summat - FFS, get a life.... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #2961 on: September 01, 2016, 08:09:10 AM »
What is The Chase?  eveilgrin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2962 on: September 01, 2016, 08:16:18 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2963 on: September 01, 2016, 08:37:17 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3766627/That-s-call-genius-Crystal-Maze-fans-wild-s-revealed-return-celebrity-special-David-Tennant-presenting.html

noooo:

It is a game show where people humiliate themselves on the tellybox for the chance of winning a few bob...  noooo:

I've never understood the desire to do such a thing TBH but then I loathe Karaoke too - just my nature I suppose. Shrugs:

There has been uproar on one of the forums here because The Chase was off air for a few weeks or summat - FFS, get a life.... ::)
:thumbsup:

Isn't that the basis of most TV these days? Some poor untermensch gets to have their 5 minutes of fame on the box with a carrot of the price the presenter paid for a manicure?

Similar to public executions, but with the disadvantage that they get put back into society and allowed to breed.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2964 on: September 01, 2016, 09:03:37 AM »

noooo:

Isn't that the basis of most TV these days? Some poor untermensch gets to have their 5 minutes of fame on the box with a carrot of the price the presenter paid for a manicure?

Similar to public executions, but with the disadvantage that they get put back into society and allowed to breed.

Precisely, panem et circenses*....  noooo:

* I bet I've fucking spelt that wrong or got the grammar wrong and everybody will take the piss out of me becuase I went to Bog Street Comprehensive and we didn't do Latin...  Bastards! cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2965 on: September 01, 2016, 09:18:58 AM »

noooo:

* I bet I've fucking spelt that wrong or got the grammar wrong and everybody will take the piss out of me becuase I went to Bog Street Comprehensive and we didn't do Latin...  Bastards! cussing:
pathead:
You do a fine job of representing the proletariat.
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2966 on: September 01, 2016, 09:36:12 AM »
What BM and Darwin said  :thumbsup:, well mostly.  I confess I do find Pointless amusing from time to time
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2967 on: September 01, 2016, 10:26:50 AM »

noooo:

pathead:
You do a fine job of representing the proletariat.

cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2968 on: September 01, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
What BM and Darwin said  :thumbsup:, well mostly.  I confess I do find Pointless amusing from time to time

I can't stand any of them...  noooo:

I think it is the 'grandstanding' that annoys me most - the protracted wait 'twixt the 'contestant' answering the question and finding out if they are correct or not...  ::)

And as for that Noel Edmonds one, just fuck off and open a box at random FFS! Show could be over in two minutes!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #2969 on: September 09, 2016, 09:01:18 PM »
Pale Rider...on now...on Dave... cloud9: