Author Topic: Coming up on the box  (Read 365140 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Coming up on the box
« Reply #1710 on: February 22, 2013, 12:00:52 AM »
On ITV2 now.... "The Invention of Lying" with Ricky Gervais, quite amusing.  Thumbs:

:thumbsup: will try it...........

you stole a tele........... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1711 on: February 26, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
eeek: eeek: eeek: just watched "Sinister". One of the best movies I have seen in aaaaaaaages. I shat my pants I did. Had my surround sound headphones on so all apey new about the film was every time I jumped. I think at one point he thought I may be fitting. If you like scary movies this is a gudd'n.  Thumbs: Totally unsuspected ending too. Need to watch CDWM now to get a sense of reality.  scared2: scared2: scared2:

I'm halfway through....

So far it is the worstest, most shite film I have ever seen in my whole life....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #1712 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »
eeek: eeek: eeek: just watched "Sinister". One of the best movies I have seen in aaaaaaaages. I shat my pants I did. Had my surround sound headphones on so all apey new about the film was every time I jumped. I think at one point he thought I may be fitting. If you like scary movies this is a gudd'n.  Thumbs: Totally unsuspected ending too. Need to watch CDWM now to get a sense of reality.  scared2: scared2: scared2:

I'm halfway through....

So far it is the worstest, most shite film I have ever seen in my whole life....  noooo:

I thought it was excellent.  redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1713 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »

I'm halfway through....

Uber shite!  noooo:

What a load of pretentious, pointless shite...  noooo:

Did I mention it was shite?

I thought Perfume was shite but this was Perfume2 in terms of shiteness...

Bejeesus, what were you smoking to think it was not shite? Shrugs:

Quote from: Amazon
Did I miss something? By far the most tepid, workmanlike horror I've seen for a while. There are no surprises- literally none.
A writer moves into a murder house and things proceed at a plodding pace from there, each 'twist' being telegraphed miles ahead so that exactly what you expect to happen, happens. This continues right to the grim and suspense free ending which contains the most ridiculous, pointless jump scare in any film, ever. Actually thinking about it you might want to watch the whole thing purely to witness this. Utter shite.

Shite.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1714 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »

I'm halfway through....

Uber shite!  noooo:

Did I miss something? By far the most tepid, workmanlike horror I've seen for a while. There are no surprises- literally none.
A writer moves into a murder house and things proceed at a plodding pace from there, each 'twist' being telegraphed miles ahead so that exactly what you expect to happen, happens. This continues right to the grim and suspense free ending which contains the most ridiculous, pointless jump scare in any film, ever. Actually thinking about it you might want to watch the whole thing purely to witness this. Utter shite.

Shite.

So did you enjoy it........

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1715 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »

I'm halfway through....

Uber shite!  noooo:

Shite.

So did you enjoy it........

noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #1716 on: February 26, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
I may have been drunk at the time.  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1717 on: February 26, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »

I do hope so...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #1718 on: February 26, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »

I do hope so...  noooo:

I have just been trying to find a good review to quote to counter yours............there aren't any.  lol: lol: lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1719 on: February 26, 2013, 08:05:54 PM »

I do hope so...  noooo:

I have just been trying to find a good review to quote to counter yours............there aren't any.  lol: lol: lol:

happy001

Apart from yours...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1720 on: February 26, 2013, 08:07:58 PM »
I went to see this film at the cinema with a friend. There was a group of rowdy teens at the back, all talking and laughing loudly. Within 10 minutes of the film starting, the whole room was silent.
That is the genius of this film-it is so intense, you will be on the edge of your seat from start to finish. Using a combination of well timed jump-scares, brutal and horrifying 'found' footage and an eerie soundtrack, this film is a triumph and I would highly recommend it to any person into their ghost films.

Wankah:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #1721 on: February 26, 2013, 08:26:16 PM »
I went to see this film at the cinema with a friend. There was a group of rowdy teens at the back, all talking and laughing loudly. Within 10 minutes of the film starting, the whole room was silent.
That is the genius of this film-it is so intense, you will be on the edge of your seat from start to finish. Using a combination of well timed jump-scares, brutal and horrifying 'found' footage and an eerie soundtrack, this film is a triumph and I would highly recommend it to any person into their ghost films.

Wankah:

lol: lol: lol: II genuinely thought it was scary. Sayinig that, I didn't sleep for weeks after watching The Gremlins, and Labyrinth made me poo myself.  noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #1722 on: February 26, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »

Wankah:

lol: lol: lol: II genuinely thought it was scary. Sayinig that, I didn't sleep for weeks after watching The Gremlins, and Labyrinth made me poo myself.  noooo:
Bambi?
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1723 on: February 27, 2013, 05:58:33 AM »

Wankah:

I had to watch something more interesting for a couple of hours after - to restore my faith like....  noooo:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #1724 on: February 27, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »

Wankah:

I had to watch something more interesting for a couple of hours after - to restore my faith like....  noooo:

Not sure if you are old enough to remember:

I mostly despair