Disgusterous

Author Topic: What Utter Nonsense  (Read 622 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
What Utter Nonsense
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:06:37 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/7968703/Nine-million-British-adults-have-never-been-online-ONS-says.html

So 9 million British people have never been on line. They are apparently mostly the elderly, the poor and the widowed. According to the Office for National Statistics this is worrying because by not being "on-line" these people are missing out of the chance to save money on buying new cars, cheap holidays and price comparison insurance deals

What utter bollix. Given that the elderly and the poor probably cannot spare the £20+ a month to be on line, the £300 necessary to buy the equipment and certainly will not be able to pay for holidays abroad, buy a new car and have very little need to purchase new insurance (as they have been paying into their co-op scheme for years and to change now would cost them more than it would save) just why do these idiots think the elderly, the poor and the widowed are going to feel it necessary to go without paying their council tax or their heating bill to enable them to go "on-line"? Additionally it is worthy of note that a great many of these 9 million "British People" are in fact going to turn out to be 1st generation Asian wimmin who cannot even speak English let alone know how to work a computer ~ although their kids can and do.

Utter UTTER TWATS! cussing:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: What Utter Nonsense
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
My mother is one of those 9 million. She has no need, plus her eyesight is probably worse than Mozo's was.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: What Utter Nonsense
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:39:53 PM »
It's all the fault of that Martha Lane Fox bint who is trying to get the whole country surfing ~ BT will collapse under the traffic if she succeeds.

Funny how this appears

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7921828/Martha-Lane-Fox-No-budget-for-internet-push.html

on the same day. It is the insult to our intelligence that really annoys me.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.