Disgusterous

Author Topic: Big Decision  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Big Decision
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 03:45:13 PM »
He will be back early next year as a consultant once they realise no one else knows how to do his job  lol:

It took them a whole week to re-engage me on a weekly consultancy contract  that lasted 6 months "To sort out a couple of minor problems"  8)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
Excellent news Uncle! Congratulations.  Now, have you thought of suitable retirement present they are bound to want to get you?

How about a mahooooosive telescope!

rubschin:

Good luck UM.  ;)

I bet you cant wait to sit in your garden on a warm clear night grasping your 8 inch Newtonian and peering at Uranus.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 06:02:35 AM »
Well done Uncle!  happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 06:14:32 AM »
Excellent news Uncle! Congratulations.  Now, have you thought of suitable retirement present they are bound to want to get you?

How about a mahooooosive telescope!

rubschin:

Good luck UM.  ;)

I bet you cant wait to sit in your garden on a warm clear night grasping your 8 inch Newtonian and peering at Uranus.

Darwin has the measure of us all again  whistle:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 07:37:19 AM »
Yes, well this is all well and good UM, but what exactly..ish are you going to do with your monster amounts of spare time?
DO NOT tell us that hasn't been decided please, as that is probably more important than the actual decision of retiring in the first place.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »
In my experience people who retire from a busy life that included commuting either sit in an armchair and wait to die or they remake their lives around what they have in the way of kids, hobbies, things they have always wanted to do but never got round to and within 6 months they are wondering how they ever found time to go to work.

Uncle Mort will, I predict, fall into the second category.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 08:03:22 AM »
In my experience people who retire from a busy life that included commuting either sit in an armchair and wait to die or they remake their lives around what they have in the way of kids, hobbies, things they have always wanted to do but never got round to and within 6 months they are wondering how they ever found time to go to work.

Precisely and exactly. I've heard of many tales such as the former option....werked all his life, and for what?..as they spread his ashes over the flower bed. ::)

We need to know anyway, as we 'ave his interests at 'eart like. cloud9:

Another 'Me Mi' could do for starters p'raps? cloud9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »

Precisely and exactly. I've heard of many tales such as the former option....werked all his life, and for what?..as they spread his ashes over the flower bed. ::)

eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 08:33:18 AM »

eeek:

Oh yes, indeed e do do. cloud9:

Might just gee you up a bit too after the intial enthusiasm you showed. ::)

I've done loads like!  sad32:

Undeniably yes, but loads more to do, and let's face it, you have been doing quite a birof fannying around lately 'aven't you like? ::)

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 08:49:51 AM »

Thanks for that vote of confidence Snoopy, and Growler, no I don't know exactly what I intend to do. If I wanted the future to be already planned out I might as well stay in full time work. I'm open to offers and suggestions.

<edit>

Kindly keep the 'Me Mi'  discussions to the proper thread, thanks.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:51:28 AM by Uncle Mort »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 08:57:22 AM »

Thanks for that vote of confidence Snoopy, and Growler, no I don't know exactly what I intend to do. If I wanted the future to be already planned out I might as well stay in full time work. I'm open to offers and suggestions.

<edit>

Kindly keep the 'Me Mi'  discussions to the proper thread, thanks.

Well sorry for my input. Only trying to be helpful.
I'll keep my thoughts on this subject  to myself in future.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 09:01:20 AM »

<edit>

**cough**

The Off Topic - A Virtual Pub

whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07:24 AM »

<edit>

**cough**

The Off Topic - A Virtual Pub

whistle:

I THINK he's referring to the rools you made for the Commons.

I'm out of here (the commons) anyway

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 09:08:59 AM »

<cough> I am

The Commons

All who enter here please be aware that it is for topics of a serious nature where threads will remain on topic.

And don't be so bloody prickly Growler, I have no definite plans and as I said I'm open to offers and suggestions.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 09:22:02 AM »

The Commons

All who enter here please be aware that it is for topics of a serious nature where threads will remain on topic.

I have no definite plans and, as I said, I'm open to offers and suggestions.

Here you go.

Soon have you up and running.
I mostly despair