Author Topic: Fresh from the Inbox  (Read 739969 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Fresh from the Inbox
« Reply #6465 on: June 14, 2021, 06:13:17 AM »
Wife: "I'm going shopping, do you need anything?!
Husband: !I'm looking for inner-peace and happiness, an answer to my doubts, a sense of fulfilment, a medium through which I can transcend consciousness and reach true spirituality, calmness and....."

Wife: "Be specific; Smirnoff or Absolut?"

;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6466 on: June 14, 2021, 06:17:56 AM »
Husband: !I'm looking for inner-peace and happiness, an answer to my doubts, a sense of fulfilment, a medium through which I can transcend consciousness and reach true spirituality, calmness and....."

;D

;D ;D
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6467 on: June 14, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »

;D

;D ;D
;D ;D ;D
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6468 on: June 18, 2021, 12:40:21 PM »

It is just before Scotland v England in the Euro’s Group game.

Kane goes into the English changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Scotland. They're shite and we can't be bothered".

Kane looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Kane goes out to play Scotland by himself and the rest of the English team go off for a few pints. After a few jars they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "England 1 - Scotland 0 (Kane 10minutes)". He is beating Scotland all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium "England 1 (Kane 10 minutes) - Scotland 1"(Angus McShagnasty 89 minutes)".

They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against Scotland!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them.

"I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against Scotland , all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end"

"No, No, I have, I've let you down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6469 on: June 18, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »

Kane goes into the English changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Scotland. They're shite and we can't be bothered".

Kane looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Kane goes out to play Scotland by himself and the rest of the English team go off for a few pints. After a few jars they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "England 1 - Scotland 0 (Kane 10minutes)". He is beating Scotland all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium "England 1 (Kane 10 minutes) - Scotland 1"(Angus McShagnasty 89 minutes)".

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them.

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against Scotland , all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end"

lol: lol: lol:    Teletext  eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6470 on: June 18, 2021, 05:28:24 PM »

"What's up?" he asks.

I had no idea who Kane was so I didn't know if I should change Teletext to Tellybox...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6471 on: June 18, 2021, 06:25:54 PM »

"What's up?" he asks.

I had no idea who Kane was so I didn't know if I should change Teletext to Tellybox...  redface:

You should have been Abel  redface: redface:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6472 on: June 18, 2021, 09:38:39 PM »

"What's up?" he asks.

lol: lol: lol: lol:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6473 on: June 18, 2021, 09:40:07 PM »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6474 on: June 18, 2021, 10:53:15 PM »

"What's up?" he asks.

drumroll: ;D

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6475 on: June 19, 2021, 05:48:06 AM »

"What's up?" he asks.

drumroll: drumroll:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6476 on: June 19, 2021, 09:41:56 AM »

"What's up?" he asks.

drumroll: drumroll: drumroll:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6477 on: June 19, 2021, 11:04:22 AM »

"What's up?" he asks.

drumroll: drumroll: drumroll:
drumroll: drumroll: drumroll: drumroll:
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6478 on: July 02, 2021, 09:13:18 PM »
Bullcrap ..but funny....

Bill Gates reportedly  compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,
"If Ford had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, Ford issued a press release stating:
If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash.........twice a day.
2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3.. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason, you would simply accept this.
4.... Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5... Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6...... The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.
7...... The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.
8....... Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9........ Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10......... You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.
11………. Your car would be accessible to thieves who could electronically break into your car and steal it and everything else in it, then hold it for ransom until you paid them off in Bitcoin currency.
12………. When all else fails, you could call "customer service" in some foreign country and be instructed in some foreign language how to fix your car yourself!

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6479 on: July 02, 2021, 11:04:58 PM »
Got to be an Affs and it still isn't true

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/car-balk/