Author Topic: The all new Up for the Count thread  (Read 5889 times)

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: The all new Up for the Count thread
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »
Brown and Darlng are 2 of the most experienced financial politicians in the last 30 years? I always thought that Piers Morgan was an arsehole.  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 09:35:46 PM »
Brown and Darlng are 2 of the most experienced financial politicians in the last 30 years? I always thought that Piers Morgan was an arsehole.  noooo:

Experience does not mean competence. QED.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 09:54:44 PM »
Lots of voters turned away as they were too late to vote. Doubtless there will be a call for electoral reform now...

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »
Just leaving. Been a full on day but turnout was at least double what it was where I was for previous  general elections
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:05:38 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 10:16:56 PM »
The outside broadcasting from the BBC is nothing short of shambolic. I DEMAND MY LICENCE FEE BACK!

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
Just leaving. Been a full on day but turnout was at least double what it was where I was for a general election

More...

A "Sit-in" in East London somewhere as the voters were "too late".  A few thoughts:-

1. Idiot people - get there earlier.
2. Idiot organisers - get more people in to deal with 1, above.
3. A "Null and void" election will be declared if it suits NuLab.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
Polling stations running out of ballot papers or staying open after 10pm. How the hell can you run out of ballot papers, each polling station must know how many people can potentially be voting there.  Banghead
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »
We had to have some bloke removed by the police as he wasn't on the register. When told he couldn't vote went feckin ballistic and played the " don't you know who I am " card and got really abusive. Two bobbies literally got him by either arm and airlifted him out of there whilst he did the air bicycle  ;D

But yeah agreed,  don't understand how you can run out of ballot papers however there were loads of other fuck ups  noooo:

As for people that turn up after 10 o clock ...it is guaranteed every time  Banghead Banghead Banghead

Tough shit you've had all day and if you know it is going to be 'difficult' then arrange a postal vote.
Skubber

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 11:05:53 PM »
Polling stations running out of ballot papers or staying open after 10pm. How the hell can you run out of ballot papers, each polling station must know how many people can potentially be voting there.  Banghead

What a fucking farce. If THE GOVERNMENT OF 13 YEARS can't even update the Electoral register for Chester IN AN ELECTION YEAR thuds depriving some 600 of a vote

THEN IT IS NO FUCKING SURPRISE THAT THE COUNTRY IS FUCKING FUCKED!!!

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 11:11:18 PM »
The Queen is like Heiniken? I know the BBC is dumbing down but that just made me cringe.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have the polling stations open midnight to midnight with the staff running 6 hour shifts. Swap the ballot boxes over at the shift change which means the counts can be done while the stations are still open. Then even if there aren't enough people to take the votes there is a longer period to spread the votes out in.

I may be being cynical here TMR but I'm wondering if the constituencies in question are ones that Labour stands to lose, thus opening the way for a legal challenge.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 11:13:52 PM »
The Queen is like Heiniken? I know the BBC is dumbing down but that just made me cringe.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have the polling stations open midnight to midnight with the staff running 6 hour shifts. Swap the ballot boxes over at the shift change which means the counts can be done while the stations are still open. Then even if there aren't enough people to take the votes there is a longer period to spread the votes out in.

I may be being cynical here TMR but I'm wondering if the constituencies in question are ones that Labour stands to lose, thus opening the way for a legal challenge.

happ096

Got it in one. May I be the first tonight to use the "c" word?

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »
Gotta say that Joan Collins is still looking pretty fine  redface:

Could be the red wine talking now...

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 11:17:01 PM »
Her plastic surgeon must be in the rich list by now  whistle:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 11:21:50 PM »
Her plastic surgeon must be in the rich list by now  whistle:

Surprise, surprise Paxo cuts off Ken Clarke but luckily Clarke gets a good dig in. Hilarious!

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 11:28:38 PM »
According to Emily Maitlis, Nigel Farage "narrowly avoided a plane crash today".

Dozy mare. She has no option now - KIT OFF!