Author Topic: Raod side surveys  (Read 1913 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Raod side surveys
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »
We are being absolutely blitzed with these road blocks/censors/whatevers at the moment.
Loads of cones and plods, and then some H&S HV clad goons apparently asking you who what why and when.
I haven't actually been stopped yet, but I want to know wtf they are all about, and will I have the right to remain silent and simply say "no comment" when asked these intrusive questions.

I object strongly to being questioned without good reason and or suspicion, bastard Nazi state that we live in. cussing:

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Raod side surveys
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »
Summat in the local rag about a traffic census. Dunno why they can't just watch you on CCTV. If stopped make up improbable destinations. "I am en route from Pendle to Buckingham Palace, but takin a detour through Llandrindod Wells for medical reasons..." That sort of thing
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:13:41 AM »
Summat in the local rag about a traffic census. Dunno why they can't just watch you on CCTV. If stopped make up improbable destinations. "I am en route from Pendle to Buckingham Palace, but takin a detour through Llandrindod Wells for medical reasons..." That sort of thing

No. I get extremely annoyed about these things, and I will be voicing my displeasure if I get caught up in one.
What happens if you're already running late for an important appointment for instance, like on me way to the quacks this morning?

Can they actually 'nick' you for telling them to sort of piss off, now let me pass?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »
These traffic surveys are extremely useful actually...

They use the data to plan major road developments and improvements to ensure they can cope with growth in traffic and you get the fastest, safest journey possible...

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:21:17 AM »

No. I get extremely annoyed about these things, and I will be voicing my displeasure if I get caught up in one.
What happens if you're already running late for an important appointment for instance, like on me way to the quacks this morning?

Can they actually 'nick' you for telling them to sort of piss off, now let me pass?

"Obstruction of a police officer in the course of his duties"
"Conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace"
etc.

Get too stroppy and they will take your car to pieces and we all know they will find several "offences" if they really want to.

They work on the "If you have nothing to hide then you won't object" principle. Frankly Nick's method of giving plausible but untrue answers is a better way to get your own back. I always tell them I am going somewhere I have no intention of ever visiting. One even gave me directions as he felt he knew a better route than the one I claimed to be taking. whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »

"Obstruction of a police officer in the course of his duties"
"Conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace"
etc.

Get too stroppy and they will take your car to pieces and we all know they will find several "offences" if they really want to.

They work on the "If you have nothing to hide then you won't object" principle. Frankly Nick's method of giving plausible but untrue answers is a better way to get your own back. I always tell them I am going somewhere I have no intention of ever visiting. One even gave me directions as he felt he knew a better route than the one I claimed to be taking. whistle:

But this is SUPPOSED to be a free and democratic country, where freedom of speech apparently alledgedly rules, apparently, so they would have us sheeples believe.
I am NOT a fuckin' sheep though, O bastard K? Angry9:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:43:41 AM »
They've been doing lotsa road side checks around here. Quite a few cars confisicated including one Merc used by a female who'd had no licence for 17 years!

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:44:56 AM »
They've been doing lotsa road side checks around here. Quite a few cars confisicated including one Merc used by a female who'd had no licence for 17 years!

You live near Kim?  eeek:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:49:17 AM »
Haven't a clue.

RTFM

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:51:12 AM »

So that's it then. The truth behind all this surveying' nonsense.

It's just yet another excuse to persecute, delay and annoy the law abiding motorists.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 09:53:45 AM »
I don't mind if they are pulling people with no insurance etc.

Crush their cars.

RTFM

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 09:54:24 AM »
Noticed loads of 'bods' wearing H&S HV jackets  ::) sitting in deck chairs at the road side with clip boards lately too.
Can't these twerps actually find something better to do with themselves, like, oh I dunno, living, sleeping, dying? Shrugs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 09:56:55 AM »

Crush their cars.

I thought the rozzer cars had ANPR systems for that one.

Whilst I agree with you re. no insurance, it's the delaying and intrusive tactics of these morons that's really getting my bladder up to dangerous temperatures again.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
Yeah they had ANPR and that was the main reason for people being stopped.

Also load safety etc of goods vehicles.

We get a lot of foreign drivers around here.

RTFM

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »

Crush their cars.

and their nuts  evil:
I mostly despair