Author Topic: Dear Snoopy  (Read 956 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Dear Snoopy
« on: November 02, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »
I am sitting here in my bay window sipping tea and watching the golden and orange leaves drift and swirl from the trees, a gentle breeze is blowing through the open window lightly ruffling the papers resting on my desk and bringing the rich scent of autumn into the room.  

My attention is drawn to the bare branches of the old ash tree, bereft now, of it's luxurious summer clothing, two squirrels are silhouetted against the lowering sun and they run and scamper among the boughs chattering gaily to each other, and as my mind turns to long winter evenings in front of an open fire and of wonderful red wine sipped with friends I suddenly realize that what is foremost in my mind and has be worrying me most of today is my total lack of knowledge about your saucepans and pots.

Please put a hapless maiden out of her misery and inform me at your earliest convenience as to the state of your pots and the number. For I know deep in my heart and in my soul that  I shall not, nay cannot, rest easy until you have imparted this information.....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:25:26 PM by Miss Creant »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Dear Snoopy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »
Have we started on the silly sauce already   lol:

Not sure I could face another drink today though ...do you mind if I stick to the soft stuff  redface:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »
Take one of those tree branches and sort Snoopy out...  Spank2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »
Errmmm ~ We have far too many pots and pans ~ many are stored in the garage along with 100 place settings of china and wine glasses (Both red and white wine catered for). There is another crate that has gravy boats, sauce boats, teapots and coffee jugs. 'Bout 10 of each so we can set up ten tables for ten persons. Saucepans range from 10 litre stock pots down to tiny copper pans, copper jelly moulds, various ramekins etc. We keep giving stuff away but the heap never seems to get less. Mind I haven't done an inventory for five years so heaven knows what is left and what SWWLTBO has disposed of.

Ask a silly question etc  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
Good grief I take it this is because of your hostelry days?  I thought I was bad with catering equipment, large family and a penchant for cooking is not a good mix. noooo:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
Correct ~ we used to do "Outside Catering" after we gave up the pubs. ;D
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.