Disgusterous

Author Topic: 'Arry's in the shit.  (Read 10808 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: 'Arry's in the shit.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
have you heard what these people call us?

No, please enlighten me.

Infidel's, well some of 'them'
I find THAT offensive tbh., and it IS an offensive word. Angry9:

It's not an abbreviation of anything , and it causes trouble.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:44:29 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »
in·fi·del 
Pronunciation: \ˈin-fə-dəl, -fə-ˌdel\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English infidele, from Middle French, from Late Latin infidelis unbelieving, from Latin, unfaithful, from in- + fidelis faithful — more at fidelity
Date: 15th century
1: one who is not a Christian or who opposes Christianity
2 a: an unbeliever with respect to a particular religion b: one who acknowledges no religious belief
3: a disbeliever in something specified or understood

Can't say being called an 'Infidel' worries me.   

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
in·fi·del 
Etymology: Middle English infidele, from Middle French, from Late Latin infidelis unbelieving, from Latin, unfaithful, from in- + fidelis faithful — more at fidelity
2 a: an unbeliever with respect to a particular religion b: one who acknowledges no religious belief

So, if a Pakistani walked past you in the street and muttered "infidel" at you with gritted teeth as he passed by, you wouldn't feel in the least bit intimidated or angry?  eeek:
I bloody well would.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »
Further to the debate ~ Many people of Asian Origins (usually second or third generation so British Born) call one another Paki just as many West Indians and Black Americans call one another Nigger. Sometimes they say this as almost a term of affection as between members of a club but at other times they use it as an insult. I personally have been called An Infidel, Whitey, Honkey, White Bastard, Child Killer (by a Palestinian Arab). We are "Pigs" to many Chinese, Wingeing Poms to almost all Australians and many Americans call us cowards. The French call s Rostbifs but often follow this with Merde.
Much depends on how the words are used whether offence is meant or not but everyone in the services has a nickname and usually it is associated with their origins.
In Pakistan they have burned our flags and "leaders" effigies.
They shout insults in our streets (see recent "protests") and declare that we should all be killed. They blow us up and praise those who try to whilst they live among us.
Perhaps the biggest insult of all is that so many of them perceive us as a "Soft Touch" and would rather live here being called Paki, accepting all the handouts that we offer them, than return to the poverty, mud huts and above all the caste system that makes many of them "untouchables" in their own countries.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
in·fi·del 

So, if a Pakistani walked past you in the street and muttered "infidel" at you with gritted teeth as he passed by, you wouldn't feel in the least bit intimidated or angry?  eeek:
I bloody well would.

When it happens I'll let you know, same goes for Whitey, Honkey, White Bastard, Child Killer et al

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »
in·fi·del 

I bloody well would.

When it happens I'll let you know, same goes for Whitey, Honkey, White Bastard, Child Killer et al

In addition to those listed by Snoopy, I have also been called 'Gringo' and the context is what determines the insult.

I fear this is just another example of PC gone mad, of course you can find a few 'spokesmen' (sorry, spokespeople) who will condemn the existence of the word 'Paki' as proof of a Western plot to destroy Islam.

It is equally easy to find British people to espouse the vilest forms of real racism, even though the vast majority of Brits, in my experience, are quite happy to live and let live when it comes to the whole spectrum of people in the country.

The real threat is from those who use the perceived insults and cultural differences to brainwash the vulnerable and ignorant into paranoia and violence.

I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 02:05:48 PM »
in·fi·del 

I bloody well would.

In addition to those listed by Snoopy, I have also been called 'Gringo' and the context is what determines the insult.

I fear this is just another example of PC gone mad, of course you can find a few 'spokesmen' (sorry, spokespeople) who will condemn the existence of the word 'Paki' as proof of a Western plot to destroy Islam.

It is equally easy to find British people to espouse the vilest forms of real racism, even though the vast majority of Brits, in my experience, are quite happy to live and let live when it comes to the whole spectrum of people in the country.

The real threat is from those who use the perceived insults and cultural differences to brainwash the vulnerable and ignorant into paranoia and violence.

happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »
in·fi·del 

I bloody well would.

cussing:

Otherwise, spot on. happy088

I shall however be contacting the PM to complain about your use of this foul disturbing and offensive use of the Brit. Eng. language.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
in·fi·del 

I bloody well would.

cussing:

Otherwise, spot on. happy088

I shall however be contacting the PM to complain about your use of this foul disturbing and offensive use of the Brit. Eng. language.

redface: Sorry, I forgot you Scousers all have short fuses.  ;)
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »
Well that's it then.

Gordon says he believes Harry's apology is genuine ~ now we know the poor b*st*rd is doomed ~ anything that Brown supports has to be suspect if not downright dishonest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7823404.stm
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »
I suspect that if he hadnt been daft enough to ask his uncle for advice for a halloween costume a while back this would just have been a flash in the pan.  whistle:

In any event, most people couldnt give a toss about the bunch of unelected scroungers. I do wonder if this story wasnt leaked by the establishment to cause a little controversy and then 'bring him back into our hearts' with his apology as they haven't been in the news much lately.

Lets face it, these buggers dont live on the same planet as the rest of us.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »
It would seem to me that the majority of people who are offended are the  white middle class public servants  whose whole reason for existing is to find things that might upset ethnic minorities. cussing:

Offline Nick

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 08:46:55 PM »
Yes, the Equalities Commission were pretty quick off the mark.  I must ask my neighbour's view. She's a Paki
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
Yes, the Equalities Commission were pretty quick off the mark.  I must ask my neighbour's view. She's a Paki
happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
21/21 posters on another forum I frequent are in total agreement that this is a whole load of whipped up by the media PC crazy madness. One of them works for a Pakistani and he has no problem with the term apparently.
Shame we haven't got a Paki(stani) in here to give us their views on all this hysterical nonsense. ::)