Disgusterous

Author Topic: The All New Book & DVD Review Thread (And Gift Hints)  (Read 410470 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The All New Book & DVD Review Thread (And Gift Hints)
« Reply #3195 on: March 22, 2020, 12:58:43 PM »
I didn't get the chance to see it before it was replaced but there were only a few people at a time going to see it as far as I was aware.

General feedback was that it was 'OK' so I'd guess watchable but not overly memorable.
Nah it was packed, they were just invisible  ;)

Apprently it's taken $123M at the box office worldwide incl $8M in the UK https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt1051906/?ref_=bo_se_r_1
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3196 on: March 23, 2020, 11:07:56 AM »
Watched The Banker last night, most excellent...  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3197 on: March 23, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »
I didn't get the chance to see it before it was replaced but there were only a few people at a time going to see it as far as I was aware.

General feedback was that it was 'OK' so I'd guess watchable but not overly memorable.

Apprently it's taken $123M at the box office worldwide incl $8M in the UK https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt1051906/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

Might watch it tonight...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3198 on: March 23, 2020, 11:48:44 AM »

Shall wait for your review then.  Mrs K opted for another Avengers fillum last night (not the best imho - Iron Man 3)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3199 on: March 23, 2020, 12:06:22 PM »

Shall wait for your review then.  Mrs K opted for another Avengers fillum last night (not the best imho - Iron Man 3)

Tell Mrs K to keep half an eye on movie and business news. The way things are looking for Disney at the moment I can see them biting the bullet and just releasing the new Black Widow film straight to digital.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3200 on: March 23, 2020, 12:13:05 PM »

Tell Mrs K to keep half an eye on movie and business news. The way things are looking for Disney at the moment I can see them biting the bullet and just releasing the new Black Widow film straight to digital.
:thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3201 on: March 23, 2020, 06:15:56 PM »

I liked it... LL thought it was shite but to be fair she was looking for bandages... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3202 on: March 23, 2020, 06:43:39 PM »

I liked it... LL thought it was shite but to be fair she was looking for bandages... ::)
:thumbsup:  ta

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3203 on: March 24, 2020, 02:07:19 PM »
Advice needed in these tough times...

Shall I watch:

The Way Back
The Gentlemen
Onward
Spenser Confidential

Tonight...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3204 on: March 24, 2020, 03:00:42 PM »

:thumbsup:

Mind you if the films go the way it sounds like the comics are now then it's only a matter of time before the MCU crashes and burns. When I was a kid you had comic characters that could inspire you to be better such as Superman, Batman, Spawn, Judge Dredd etc. I saw in the news earlier that Marvel have released 2 new heroes......................Snowflake and Safespace.   facepalm:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3205 on: March 24, 2020, 04:04:11 PM »
facepalm:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3206 on: March 24, 2020, 04:11:31 PM »

Shall I watch:

The Way Back
The Gentlemen
Onward
Spenser Confidential

Tonight...?  rubschin:
rubschin:

Spenser Confidential seems to have the best plot but the worst reviews.  None seem to be totty laden

Watch a pizza burning instead?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3207 on: March 24, 2020, 04:17:13 PM »

Shall I watch:

The Way Back
The Gentlemen
Onward
Spenser Confidential

Tonight...?  rubschin:
rubschin:

Spenser Confidential seems to have the best plot but the worst reviews.  None seem to be totty laden

The Gentlemen had decent audience feedback when we had it on although the numbers weren't overly inspiring.  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3208 on: March 24, 2020, 04:26:06 PM »

Shall I watch:

The Way Back
The Gentlemen
Onward
Spenser Confidential

Tonight...?  rubschin:
rubschin:

The Gentlemen had decent audience feedback when we had it on although the numbers weren't overly inspiring.  rubschin:

I'm going for that!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3209 on: March 24, 2020, 04:27:51 PM »

Shall I watch:

The Way Back
The Gentlemen
Onward
Spenser Confidential

Tonight...?  rubschin:
rubschin:

I'm going for that!  Thumbs:
Just seen it's a Guy Richie film so  :thumbsup:

and of course Popcorn: