Author Topic: The All New Book & DVD Review Thread (And Gift Hints)  (Read 411286 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: The All New Book & DVD Review Thread (And Gift Hints)
« Reply #1155 on: May 04, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »
Just wat6ching Quartet....

Fucking amazing....  cloud9:

I was stood behind Dame Maggie Smith in the queue for sausages in Chichester's indoor market a few years ago.... beat that for a claim to fame  :thumbsup:

Pan fried...... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1156 on: May 07, 2013, 07:51:31 PM »
Jack Reacher....  noooo:

Quote from: Amazon
I've read all the books and 'yes' in print Jack's a big lad and Tom's only little but I was willing to forgive this piece of anachronistic casting and give this movie a fair go.After all even a below par Reacher novel is still a cut above anything else out there.
So far so good. Starts well, moves along at a brisk pace and when Jack/Tom confronts five thugs in the street, explains to them how the fight is going to go down and then proceeds to take them apart I'm starting to think' Hey, perhaps Tom is Jack Reacher despite the obvious limitations in stature.'
Then the wheels fall off.
There is a 'fight' scene in a bathroom that resembles a 3 stooges sketch with incompetent, comedy henchmen repeatedly hitting each other in a scene that wouldn't be out of place in a Tom and Jerry cartoon. Then there is a perfunctory and yet seemingly endless car chase shoehorned into proceedings before Rosamund Pike turns into a helpless, doe-eyed victim and the true villianous mastermind is revealed as a slightly dilapidated old bloke with no fingers.
Cue some gunplay, a fist fight, some exposition, a metaphorical ride into the sunset and roll the end credits.
This movie was bad in a way that Lee Childs creation didn't deserve and Mr. Cruises height has nothing to do with it. It's all to do with a bad script, poor directing and bland, formulaic, Hollywood-mill production.

^^^ Is about right  noooo: ^^^
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #1157 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46:59 PM »
Jack Reacher....  noooo:

I've read all the books and 'yes' in print Jack's a big lad and Tom's only little but I was willing to forgive this piece of anachronistic casting and give this movie a fair go.After all even a below par Reacher novel is still a cut above anything else out there.
So far so good. Starts well, moves along at a brisk pace and when Jack/Tom confronts five thugs in the street, explains to them how the fight is going to go down and then proceeds to take them apart I'm starting to think' Hey, perhaps Tom is Jack Reacher despite the obvious limitations in stature.'
There is a 'fight' scene in a bathroom that resembles a 3 stooges sketch with incompetent, comedy henchmen repeatedly hitting each other in a scene that wouldn't be out of place in a Tom and Jerry cartoon. Then there is a perfunctory and yet seemingly endless car chase shoehorned into proceedings before Rosamund Pike turns into a helpless, doe-eyed victim and the true villianous mastermind is revealed as a slightly dilapidated old bloke with no fingers.
Cue some gunplay, a fist fight, some exposition, a metaphorical ride into the sunset and roll the end credits.
This movie was bad in a way that Lee Childs creation didn't deserve and Mr. Cruises height has nothing to do with it. It's all to do with a bad script, poor directing and bland, formulaic, Hollywood-mill production.

I watched this on Sunday and agree totally I have read all the 'Jack Reacher' books they are fab and when I heard TC was playing him I thought .....  noooo: noooo:
There was one fight scene in a warehouse or somewhere that was laughable... It was shite I am surprised Lee Childs approved it...
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1158 on: May 08, 2013, 05:06:23 AM »
Jack Reacher....  noooo:

I watched this on Sunday and agree totally I have read all the 'Jack Reacher' books they are fab and when I heard TC was playing him I thought .....  noooo: noooo:
There was one fight scene in a warehouse or somewhere that was laughable... It was shite I am surprised Lee Childs approved it...

Ezackly!

There is a 'fight' scene in a bathroom that resembles a 3 stooges sketch with incompetent, comedy henchmen repeatedly hitting each other in a scene that wouldn't be out of place in a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Luckily cruise had already survived a whack in the back of the head with a baseball bat that would have taken anybody else's head right off...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1159 on: May 08, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
Watching Gran Torino....  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1160 on: May 08, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »

Good filum....  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1161 on: May 08, 2013, 06:47:12 PM »

Good filum....  Thumbs:

thought it was some new fangled putor game........ rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1162 on: May 08, 2013, 06:52:30 PM »

Good filum....  Thumbs:

That is because you are an mong... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1163 on: May 08, 2013, 07:05:58 PM »

Good filum....  Thumbs:

That is because you are an mong... ::)

cussing:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #1164 on: May 08, 2013, 08:16:25 PM »
You were thinking Gran Tourismo you pillock  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1165 on: May 09, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »
Gonna watch The Place Beyond The Pines tonight....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1166 on: May 11, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
Gonna watch The Place Beyond The Pines tonight....

Was most excellent!  Thumbs:

Just watched Salt (Angelina Jolie) - utter shite...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1167 on: May 12, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
Gonna watch Parker tonight....  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1168 on: May 12, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »

Pink car....... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1169 on: May 12, 2013, 04:36:06 PM »

Pink car....... rubschin:

*moves €50 from left pocket to right pocket*  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: