Author Topic: Emoticon Thread  (Read 49025 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Emoticon Thread
« on: April 28, 2007, 06:18:29 PM »
Okay ? there are billions available ? if we have too many they take up too much room and take ages to load (if you have a slow connection).

Vote off the ones you think irrelevant and request new ones here.  biggrin:

For starters, I think the dog is lovely but fairly pointless and takes loads of room ? off to the vets for the ?special? injection is my first vote.  noooo:

However, note that if we remove an emoticon that has been used frequently the threads that contained it will be full of meaningless links to the (now missing) emoticon.  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Sour Puss

Re: Emoticon Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 07:58:55 PM »
I agree lose the dog. Bring in the cat. Seriouisly, we only need a small and basic, but select set of emoticons. If there is a need for something which is not aviailable, we can bring our own.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 10:04:33 AM »
Agreed ? lets get some experience and see which are used and which can go (anybody object to losing ?scruffy??).  scared2:

Anybody that feels the need to add their own emoticon to a post, there are a number of sites available but this one has millions.  biggrin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »
Suits me boss .... the pooch is nice but really only useful for chasing cats! Many of the originals are a bit blurred (or perhaps I need new specs??)
Personally these seem to have little to add :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) :-[ :-X :-\ :'( :sad1: :sad2:
To what is also there and, like the man said, you can always bring your own (if I ever figure out how)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 06:00:39 PM »
Suits me boss .... the pooch is nice but really only useful for chasing cats! Many of the originals are a bit blurred (or perhaps I need new specs??)
Personally these seem to have little to add :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) :-[ :-X :-\ :'( :sad1: :sad2:
To what is also there and, like the man said, you can always bring your own (if I ever figure out how)
Snoopy, you need a new bigger and better emoticon!  noooo:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:03:31 PM by Bouncer »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 05:50:23 AM »

No that is the last thing I need .... thanks
But it would be nice if my email could be removed from public display.
The box is ticked to ask for it to be hidden and has been all along but ...............
Anyway it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:04:36 PM by Bouncer »

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 05:54:20 AM »

No that is the last thing I need .... thanks
But it would be nice if my email could be removed from public display.
The box is ticked to ask for it to be hidden and has been all along but ...............
Anyway it doesn't matter.
I just logged-out and checked – your e-mail icon disappears.  thumbsup:

Are you saying that ‘normal’ members can see it? I’ll check the settings…  surrender:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:06:00 PM by Bouncer »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

holly

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
Yep. I can see Snoopy's. Can people see mine? Because I know that I have ticked the box.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:06:29 PM by Bouncer »

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 12:02:28 PM »
Yep. I can see Snoopy's. Can people see mine? Because I know that I have ticked the box.
You can see Snoopy’s because you are an administrator and have superhuman powers.  rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:08:24 PM by Bouncer »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
You can see Snoopy’s because you are an administrator and have superhuman powers.  rolleyes:

I can see it too and I'm just a beagle.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:09:39 PM by Bouncer »

holly

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »
Can you see mine Snoopy?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »
Can you see mine Snoopy?

Both of them actually. eyes:

Oh you mean email address. Click on "View all members" and the only one I can see, with a little envelope that has to be clicked, is mine. Nobody else has one. Everyone's profile says their email is hidden 'cept mine .... but taht may be because one can only view one's own when logged in. I dunno ~ and frankly, as I keep adding, it doesn't really matter anyway ('cos I've changed it to a similar "spare" Hotmail acct)

holly

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 12:20:59 PM »
I think that must be because it is your own. Because PG is a "normal" person and if you can't see that one then no one else can probably see yours. I think.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:11:14 PM by Bouncer »

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 12:22:33 PM »
Can you see mine Snoopy?

Both of them actually. eyes:

Oh you mean email address. Click on "View all members" and the only one I can see, with a little envelope that has to be clicked, is mine. Nobody else has one. Everyone's profile says their email is hidden 'cept mine .... but taht may be because one can only view one's own when logged in. I dunno ~ and frankly, as I keep adding, it doesn't really matter anyway ('cos I've changed it to a similar "spare" Hotmail acct)
I?ll reg up with a new account (I was planning to do this anyway) and test it out?  thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 12:31:17 PM »
I think that must be because it is your own. Because SP is a "normal" person and if you can't see that one then no one else can probably see yours. I think.

Yeah I thought that ~~~ then I thought but why, when I click on the little envelope, does it show me an email "compose" page with my address there as both sender and receiver. I mean .... how often do you email yourself?