Author Topic: Pot holes  (Read 1258 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Pot holes
« on: April 19, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »
 angry037
The local council no longer has to go to the great expense of installing speed humps  anymore. They jusy simply leave our rapidly decaying road network to rot, thus creating random chicanes everywhere.

In 40 years of driving, I've never seen such a bloody shambles. Even main trunk routes are full of suspension thrashing craters now.
Next one that I fall victim to, I'm taking a picture, and will be forwarding a bill on for the re-alignment of my steering.

This country really is a vile place to exist now.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Pot holes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »
angry037
The local council no longer has to go to the great expense of installing speed humps  anymore. They jusy simply leave our rapidly decaying road network to rot, thus creating random chicanes everywhere.

In 40 years of driving, I've never seen such a bloody shambles. Even main trunk routes are full of suspension thrashing craters now.
Next one that I fall victim to, I'm taking a picture, and will be forwarding a bill on for the re-alignment of my steering.

This country really is a vile place to exist now.

Report some of them to the council, take photos. Next time you have damage to your car caused by a pothole (allegedly), go back there and it's highly likely they've done sod all about it.

If you go to the highway authority and say you hit a pothole they will say that it was OK when they last inspected in on ddmmyyyy and that you should have driven at a speed compatible with your forward vision. Case closed!

However, if you can say you reported it to them on ddmmyyyy and it still hadn't been rectified when you hit it (having taken a further photo), they will lose. By the way, you couldn't avoid it because there was somebody else coming the other way
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie