Disgusterous

Author Topic: Delia Smith  (Read 16290 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Delia Smith
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
Not quite sure how you will react to this one (THW will hate it however). Work out how much you normally spend on her at christmas then set up a system so that each time she acts up you take some of the cash off that amount explaing the whole thing before hand and showing her each time you take money off the amount.

No money is wasted, she doesnt have a way around the restriction and nobody else has to suffer from her bad behaviour.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »
Trouble is that even at that age memeory is short (Even shorter at my age) and if a punishment is elongated it ceases to have meaning. Beside the way she behaves at times she'd end up owing me.  lol:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2008, 03:19:50 PM »
Thats why you make a production out of the whole thing. Set up a spreadsheet on the computer or a chart in the kitchen. Somewhere she would keep seeing it. If you want to add a real master touch tell her the cash that she is losing is going to the boys.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »
Christ .... she hates them enough now.  eeek: eeek:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »
 eveilgrin:

That would have worked on me.

My Dad used to operate something similar. Three jars. One mine, one my Brothers, one my parents and say 10 pound coins in each. If you misbehaved a coin went from one jar to the other. At the end of the week you collected whatever was left. A joing misbehaving resulted in coins from each of us going into the joint pot.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2008, 03:23:31 PM »
ok forget the master touch but if you end up giving her something at the end of each month telling her how much she has lost (or gained back through good behaviour).

Ultimately its promoting pavlovian behaviour (and no, before Darwin makes a comment I dont mean acting like a dessert)  point:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »
Honest I am not making excuses but money doesn't work with any of mine. They know we are "short" of it and therefore they expect little. None actually get pocket money as they know I pay for all out of school activities. Music lessons, Fencing lessons, Badminton club etc etc. THW has just been to France with the school so there is little I can withhold that I haven't already either withheld or threatened to take away.

Anywhoooo ... I have to take THW to the Doctors shortly and we are miles away from Delia so I must go.

rubschin: Speaking of Delia ..... I s'pose I could make the brats eat Tinned Mince as a punishment.  lol:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
ok forget the master touch but if you end up giving her something at the end of each month telling her how much she has lost (or gained back through good behaviour).

Ultimately its promoting pavlovian behaviour (and no, before Darwin makes a comment I dont mean acting like a dessert)  point:

You mean dancing about like a Prima Ballerina then?

I had my bedroom door taken away at one point too.
happy001 happy001 happy001
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2008, 03:31:16 PM »
Honest I am not making excuses but money doesn't work with any of mine. They know we are "short" of it and therefore they expect little. None actually get pocket money as they know I pay for all out of school activities. Music lessons, Fencing lessons, Badminton club etc etc. THW has just been to France with the school so there is little I can withhold that I haven't already either withheld or threatened to take away.

Anywhoooo ... I have to take THW to the Doctors shortly and we are miles away from Delia so I must go.

rubschin: Speaking of Delia ..... I s'pose I could make the brats eat Tinned Mince as a punishment.  lol:
Or corned beef and tomato sandwiches?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2008, 03:32:52 PM »

I had my bedroom door taken away at one point too.
happy001 happy001 happy001

As a teenager I think that was probably the worst ever punishment.  sad24:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 03:53:13 PM »
Funny you should say that, that will be my next punishment...

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 03:53:56 PM »
The lack of privacy. It was horrid.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2008, 04:31:20 PM »
You weren't "doing things" you shouldn't have been, were you?! Gussett typing is not really a spectator sport...

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2008, 04:33:04 PM »
You weren't "doing things" you shouldn't have been, were you?! Gussett typing is not really a spectator sport...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think that I had been caught smoking. I couldn't be trusted with privacy in or out of the house. So, I was grounded and had my door taken away. After seeing how well it worked it got used for other stuff too as a general punishment.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think that I had been caught smoking. I couldn't be trusted with privacy in or out of the house. So, I was grounded and had my door taken away. After seeing how well it worked it got used for other stuff too as a general punishment.
Of course...

You forgot this emoticon tho...  char048
Pro Skub  Thumbs: