Author Topic: Quite the stupidest idea Gordon has had to date  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Quite the stupidest idea Gordon has had to date
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:03:48 AM »
Given that we ALL start the process of dying the minute we are born just how does he intend to set about identifying those "at risk".

Now I realise that people don't like the idea but as soon as blood starts to circulate in your little heart, arteries start to deteriorate. The clogging process begins. Sure smoking, stress, "bad" eating habits etc all contribute and advice to avoid these and other contributory factors can be given but the fact is that people will do what they want and few if any will take notice of it. Even if everyone took the advice people still have to die of something ~ we can't live forever and our dying will continue to cost the state money.

This is just one of the first of Gordon's big announcements that will set in train yet more quangos, more "managers" and more expense. All because he hasn't a clue what to do other than meddle in people's lives and throw money at perceived problems.

I'll tell him how to save money .... stop giving it to Africa where it will be spent on yet more arms and flash cars for the few, pull our troops out from Iraq and Afghanistan and reorganise our armed forces into a defence force to defend us and pull the UK out of the EU. Then he can turn his talent for micro management to reforming Parliament, reducing the number of MPs by 200, the civil service by at least 50% and scrapping the stupid Welsh and Scottish "Parliaments" with all their attendant hangers-on.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/uk/news/article_1385014.php/PM_to_announce_new_screening_for_at_risk_patients

Of course it's all bollox and in fact will cost a shed load of money and the end result will be that no-one will live any longer than they would have done had he kept his mouth shut.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:07:08 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Quite the stupidest idea Gordon has had to date
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 10:06:53 AM »
 happ096
Purely headline grabbing shite which will come to nowt but wasted taxpayer’s funds.  cussing:

What a vile man he is…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »
I can see this one backfiring hugely if it includes mental health, as supporting Labour is an obvious sign that you are a deranged nut case after all the damage they have done to this country.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »
It's been in the pipeline for years I reckon. Our doctors surgery was recently rebuilt. LOADS of extra room all conveniently ready for the screening process to begin.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »
It's been in the pipeline for years I reckon. Our doctors surgery was recently rebuilt. LOADS of extra room all conveniently ready for the screening process to begin.

Ours is closing ~ we are too healthy I guess.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 05:51:12 PM »
Ours is closing ~ we are too healthy I guess.

Yes, of course Snoopy, that will be it.  ;D

Why bother screening the population that is already scheduled for the furnaces.
I mostly despair