Author Topic: Jumping on the bandwagon without looking  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Jumping on the bandwagon without looking
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
   Police officer dies attending domestic incident
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/27/npolice227.xml

You will note that Sir Ian Blair (for whom I have no respect whatsoever) speaks of his sadness at the death of a Police Officer whilst on duty, and one cannot fault that as a statement. Meanwhile Home Office Minister Tom Nulty has to over-egg the pudding
"Events such as this highlight the dangers that our police officers face every day when protecting the public."

At this stage and to judge from the description of events it would seem more likely that the Officer suffered a Heart Attack. Why can't these fvcking politicians wait until they have the facts before opening their big mouths?

If my assumption turns out to be correct I hope the b@st@rd is hounded out of office immediately by press ridicule ~ but of course he won't be because to the Press all Policemen who die were "Heroes" and all Nurses are "Angels of Mercy". Frankly it makes me sick! evil:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Jumping on the bandwagon without looking
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:59:53 PM »
They didn’t held them in such high esteem when they decided to snatch back part of their pay rise did they?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »
You are right on with that BM.
When you think of the money they squander on things like Northern Rock and Africa I still do not see how a couple of million quid trimmed off the coppers' pay rise makes much difference to the Govt. But Gordon likes to throw his weight around it seems.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 01:10:19 PM by Snoopy »

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:06:09 PM »
Again tho, it should be the media pointing this out – not us!  Angry9:

First moment one of them started to say what a great job the filth do the reporter should have stopped them and asked why the 2% inflation target was more important than their pay then and why they’ve pissed billions away on Northern Rock…   Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 05:15:59 PM »
I hesitate to say I told you so but the Post Mortem has confirmed "Natural Causes".

So Mr Smartarse Home Office Minister this death whilst facing danger on our behalf was in fact not killed in the line of duty but suffered the same fate as 250,000 others in the UK do every year. He could have died anywhere at any time.