Disgusterous

Author Topic: Modern Shopping ..  (Read 402 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Modern Shopping ..
« on: May 16, 2023, 04:36:52 PM »
So went to buy a kettle ...so pretty straight forward .....oh noooes... noooo:

Go to the new fangle shop nearest to us ...20 yoofs serving .....

Find kettle we (she ::) ) like ... Thumbs: 

Ask assistant to buy it .... Thumbs:  simples...you would think .....

Yoof ..scans ticket QR below product....."we are out of stock"  ...

Apey ...So what about the one in the box on the shelf below the display one .. rubschin:

NOW...his world is crumbling ...his head cannot work it out ... ;D

Finally manage to get it , go to check out (computor  ::) ) ...

Takes 5 mins to input details ... evil:  then print out reciept on A4 (how not green )...

How would you like to pay ..?

Apey ..Cash... Thumbs:

At this point I am seriously concerned a 19 year old may have a heart attack .... noooo:

I think he would be less shocked if I was from outer space..... ;D

The whole transaction took longer than driving there ...!! (finding cash change etc)

As I type Miss T is already getting spammed adverts from them ....fool gave her real number ..rookie mistake.... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Modern Shopping ..
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 04:40:38 PM »

Apey ...So what about the one in the box on the shelf below the display one .. rubschin:

Takes 5 mins to input details ... evil:  then print out reciept on A4 (how not green )...

Apey ..Cash... Thumbs:

At this point I am seriously concerned a 19 year old may have a heart attack .... noooo:

The whole transaction took longer than driving there ...!! (finding cash change etc)

As I type Miss T is already getting spammed adverts from them ....fool gave her real number ..rookie mistake.... noooo:

Which shop...?

I mostly buy on-line now...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 04:47:17 PM »

Apey ..Cash... Thumbs:

Which shop...?

Online kettle ..electric goods no thanks ..shop was new HUGE one ..valled ..KOTSOVOLOS....good stuff ..good prices ..just mongs serving .....got cameras and all sorts .. Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 05:10:31 PM »
Sounds like the shop I most hate in the world "Currys"  evil:

I am currently in a battle with Tapi ( flooring) . We had some new flooring fitted in Feb. Day after fitting I noticed one of the boards was lifting so called them up. They sent the same contractors back who replaced. However started to happen again.

Called them back and asked for another contractor to visit as had no confidence in the original. 4 weeks later and after having to chase them they sent another. He confirmed an area of the flooring had been laid incorrectly  cussing:. Would need to order more boards and replace.

Another month passes and no contact so I wrote a very unhappy review on Trust Pilot on Sunday - naming the store. Quelle Surprise I get a phone call from the store on Monday and the fella starts off by saying he thought I understood that they were just waiting on delivery of the flooring and they would have contacted me if it had arrived and that they were making every effort to "make me happy" !!!

Oh dear the conversation went downhill from there  lol:. I explained it wasn't about my happiness but about correcting their errors etc .  He wasn't amused.

Annoyed fella rings again later that day and suddenly it seems flooring is available and can they arrange fitting on Wednesday (tomorrow) ; what a coincidence eh  lol: But then the tosser goes on to say if once the flooring is fitted and i "am happy" could I please take down the review .

Another call today just to again confirm tomorrows arrangements ( thinking about getting a restraining order now  lol:)

Also a separate email from their regional and head office asking me to update them tomorrow  lol: lol: lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 05:49:41 PM »

Apey ..Cash... Thumbs:

Which shop...?

Online kettle ..electric goods no thanks ..shop was new HUGE one ..valled ..KOTSOVOLOS....good stuff ..good prices ..just mongs serving .....got cameras and all sorts .. Thumbs:

Oh the new one next to Sports Direct...? Haven't been yet...

You could have got this on-line...  cloud9:

Plus all the big electrical stores (Stephanis, Superhome, Electroline) offer on-line now... Why drive up the Polis Road and deal with mongs...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 06:07:13 PM »

Apey ..Cash... Thumbs:

Which shop...?

Oh the new one next to Sports Direct...? Haven't been yet...

You could have got this on-line...  cloud9:

Plus all the big electrical stores (Stephanis, Superhome, Electroline) offer on-line now... Why drive up the Polis Road and deal with mongs...?  noooo:

Says it boils to "right temperature every time " .....does the temperature of boiling water change ..... rubschin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 02:05:39 PM »

I am currently in a battle with Tapi ( flooring) . We had some new flooring fitted in Feb. Day after fitting I noticed one of the boards was lifting so called them up. They sent the same contractors back who replaced. However started to happen again.

Called them back and asked for another contractor to visit as had no confidence in the original. 4 weeks later and after having to chase them they sent another. He confirmed an area of the flooring had been laid incorrectly  cussing:. Would need to order more boards and replace.

Another month passes and no contact so I wrote a very unhappy review on Trust Pilot on Sunday - naming the store. Quelle Surprise I get a phone call from the store on Monday and the fella starts off by saying he thought I understood that they were just waiting on delivery of the flooring and they would have contacted me if it had arrived and that they were making every effort to "make me happy" !!!

Oh dear the conversation went downhill from there  lol:. I explained it wasn't about my happiness but about correcting their errors etc .  He wasn't amused.

Annoyed fella rings again later that day and suddenly it seems flooring is available and can they arrange fitting on Wednesday (tomorrow) ; what a coincidence eh  lol: But then the tosser goes on to say if once the flooring is fitted and i "am happy" could I please take down the review .

Another call today just to again confirm tomorrows arrangements ( thinking about getting a restraining order now  lol:)

Also a separate email from their regional and head office asking me to update them tomorrow  lol: lol: lol:

Curry's  evil: Banghead Banghead Banghead
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 02:38:57 PM »

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 04:50:54 PM »

What's actually supposed to be wrong with Currys? 
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 05:05:45 PM »
CLueless adolescent staff, mainly
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 06:31:55 PM »
You go in, you see the toaster (other appliances are available) you like, you use your phone to check any details and you take it to the till and the (in our experience) pleasant staff let you pay for it.

I don't go there for Nobel prize winning philosophy

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2023, 07:05:58 PM »
You go in, you see the toaster (other appliances are available) you like, you use your phone to check any details and you take it to the till and the (in our experience) pleasant staff let you pay for it.

I don't go there for Nobel prize winning philosophy

Pleasant staff  eeek:
As Nick indicates not the general experience I have had  noooo:

God forbid that you want to ask a member of staff any questions ...like do you have such and such in stock?  They are like cockroaches and go scuttling in the opposite direction when you get too near them .

Even worse take something back cos it doesn't work 2 months after purchase ::)

You explain the issue to lobotomised youff who cannot make eye contact as he might actually spontaneously combust. Spends 10 minutes typing his life story into a computer ...again not making eye contact or providing any explanation. Literally just standing there while he is ignoring you !!
Then has the audacity to ask "what was wrong again" ?
So I told him I came in with an issue about a laptop but now the bigger issue is you!!!

This is just the latest....there is a big back catalogue of Curry customer  crappiness
Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2023, 08:06:50 PM »
Not at the Bexhill branch.  We must have more refined erks in Sussex

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2023, 09:29:53 PM »

Or well trained staff who are completely bemused when from their point of view an elderly ginger nutter comes in making no sense whatsoever..  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2023, 05:26:17 AM »

Or well trained staff who are completely bemused when from their point of view an elderly ginger nutter comes in making no sense whatsoever..  whistle:

whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: