Author Topic: Hippy Do-Gooders ...  (Read 441 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Hippy Do-Gooders ...
« on: May 09, 2023, 05:01:01 PM »
So at an hotel I have worked at since we started Djing....we have been though 5 different wedding planners and 2 general managers ....Last night the current  planner was chatting to me ...now she is a nice enough woman BUT think Sue Pollard ..when she started was told not to dress like a "hippy"...eventually they made her wear a uniform ...(this is a 5 star hotel .!! )...she then proceeded to have half her head shaved ... noooo:  then coloured ... noooo:  she wears baseball boots still ... noooo: (she is late 50s)..

So last night we were chatting about how long I had worked there ...etc...she then tells me how this year she is "sharing" the Dj work between a few of us ... eeek: like it is a good thing ..!!!..she then lists another 4 Djs ..one works for me ..!!!!(can be booked tho me )...the other has been banned from that hotel for years ..(she belives in second chances  ::) ) ...the other one hardly speaks English and is known to be scruffier than her ..!!!!...

BUT she is telling me like it is a good thing .. eeek: Angry9:

I had to bite my tongue not to say .."you are basically giving MY money to someone else ..WHY the f88k are you telling me ..?/ " .....

And when they book they insist on ME (not one of my Djs) ..not no more .. ;D

I think sometimes the world is passing me by and I dont understand things anymore  ....it is the ALL get a medal culture at work ...

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Hippy Do-Gooders ...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 05:18:00 PM »
How long before she is fired?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 05:25:14 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 06:15:00 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow

There is a new general manager (the one who made her wear uniform ) who is a "proper manager" I like him  .. Thumbs:  so we will see ... 

And this not dressing appropriately ...it is a formal occasion a wedding ...even if the guests are casual ... noooo: 

Just seen a FB post of one of competitors at work in jeans and T-Shirt... noooo:

I need a Werther's Original and a hot cup of horlicks I think ..... noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 10:25:06 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow

There is a new general manager (the one who made her wear uniform ) who is a "proper manager" I like him  .. Thumbs:  so we will see ... 

And this not dressing appropriately ...it is a formal occasion a wedding ...even if the guests are casual ... noooo: 

Just seen a FB post of one of competitors at work in jeans and T-Shirt... noooo:

I need a Werther's Original and a hot cup of horlicks I think ..... noooo:
Put some JD in the Horlicks, better still just drink the JD

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 01:25:47 PM »
She shaffed me again last night ... noooo:  I parked my battle bus next to venue to unload ..I always move it before wedding and bring back at the end ....last night she said "just leave it there ,it's fine "...

So general manager comes down while she is chatting to me ..says "whose car is that ..?move it now " ...she says not a word so I look like an arse ... Banghead Angry9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 01:26:43 PM »
She shaffed me again last night ... noooo:  I parked my battle bus next to venue to unload ..I always move it before wedding and bring back at the end ....last night she said "just leave it there ,it's fine "...

So general manager comes down while she is chatting to me ..says "whose car is that ..?move it now " ...she says not a word so I look like an arse ... Banghead Angry9:

pathead:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 03:20:37 PM »

Just remember the 'best served cold' thought.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 09:43:41 PM »
She does it again .... noooo: Gave one of MY bookings to another Dj ....the bride has been messaging me for about a month ..(she was told by hotel I was her Dj ).....

This time ..I am gonna play dumb (insert comment ).....and get details from bride...and as I am "too busy"..fail to pass them on to the new Dj .... noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 10:17:28 PM »
 noooo: noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2023, 06:13:48 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2023, 08:25:26 AM »
She does it again .... noooo: Gave one of MY bookings to another Dj ....the bride has been messaging me for about a month ..(she was told by hotel I was her Dj ).....

This time ..I am gonna play dumb (insert comment ).....and get details from bride...and as I am "too busy"..fail to pass them on to the new Dj .... noooo:

I may be being overly cynical here but each time this happens keep a note of which DJ she is giving your bookings to. If it ends up being the same one then I'd try and see if she has any personal connection to them.  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023, 12:21:31 PM »
She strikes again ... Banghead  now I often get fed at the hotel ..(know the chef/waiters etc)....but always discretly ....

So last night I was not playing attention to meal ....she says to me .."go get your food now "......

I walk up to buffet ,get my plate ...as I do ..the BRIDE comes up behind me and gets her plate.... eeek:  I put my plate down and walk away mortified ... redface: noooo:

She says .."oh thought she had eaten ".. Banghead 

BUT did find out why she has uniform .... eveilgrin:  last year she did a wedding where the bride's mother runs a huge travel company ....

after the wedding she put in a "2 page" complaint about her ... Thumbs:  saying she was scruffy and unorganised.....amongst other things ... Thumbs:

the mother sends the hotel alot of tourists .... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2023, 12:28:34 PM »
She strikes again ... Banghead  now I often get fed at the hotel ..(know the chef/waiters etc)....but always discretly ....

So last night I was not playing attention to meal ....she says to me .."go get your food now "......

I walk up to buffet ,get my plate ...as I do ..the BRIDE comes up behind me and gets her plate.... eeek:  I put my plate down and walk away mortified ... redface: noooo:

She says .."oh thought she had eaten ".. Banghead 

BUT did find out why she has uniform .... eveilgrin:  last year she did a wedding where the bride's mother runs a huge travel company ....

after the wedding she put in a "2 page" complaint about her ... Thumbs:  saying she was scruffy and unorganised.....amongst other things ... Thumbs:

the mother sends the hotel alot of tourists .... noooo:

lol: lol: lol: noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2023, 02:38:45 PM »
 :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile