Disgusterous

Author Topic: The so bad it may actually be worth watching thread  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
The so bad it may actually be worth watching thread
« on: March 23, 2021, 12:28:50 PM »
Was told about this film by a friend a couple of days ago but thought they were taking the piss at the time. Aliens invade a small island off the Irish coast and the only way the locals can survive is to get rat arsed.  lol:

https://youtu.be/2TuMUqXHBnU
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The so bad it may actually be worth watching thread
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 12:53:14 PM »
Was told about this film by a friend a couple of days ago but thought they were taking the piss at the time. Aliens invade a small island off the Irish coast and the only way the locals can survive is to get rat arsed.  lol:

lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 01:16:00 PM »

lol:

I have to admit when I saw the trailer I thought that if you changed the accents and made it a but sunnier it could be smugland..  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 01:26:45 PM »

lol:

I have to admit when I saw the trailer I thought that if you changed the accents and made it a but sunnier it could be smugland..  whistle:

cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 10:42:25 PM »
In a post apocalyptic samurai western stylee land Nicholas Cage stars as a man who has to find the daughter of a warlord in 5 days or the explosives attached to his bollocks will detonate..

https://youtu.be/RDBIKpbOY9M

I have a feeling I'll be giving this one a watch  lol:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 04:03:52 AM »
In a post apocalyptic samurai western stylee land Nicholas Cage stars as a man who has to find the daughter of a warlord in 5 days or the explosives attached to his bollocks will detonate..

https://youtu.be/RDBIKpbOY9M

I have a feeling I'll be giving this one a watch  lol:

razz:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 12:57:20 PM »
There is another Nicholas Cage one due out next year, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. It sounds.............fucking nuts....er....interesting.  rubschin:

In The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Cage plays a version of himself "under a mountain of debt" and "dealing with a strained relationship with his teenage daughter. He also occasionally talks to an egotistical 1990s version of himself who rides him for making too many crappy movies and for not being a star anymore." Cage's debts force him to "make an appearance at the birthday party of a Mexican billionaire who happens to be a fan of Cage's work and secretly hopes to show him a script on which he's been working."

However, "Cage is informed by the CIA that the billionaire is actually a drug cartel kingpin who has kidnapped the daughter of a Mexican presidential nominee, and is recruited by the U.S. government to get intelligence. The situation spirals even more dramatically when the Mexican brings over Cage's daughter and his ex-wife for a reconciliation, and when their lives are on the line, Cage takes on the role of a lifetime."

According to reports, the script references Cage films like Leaving Las Vegas, Face-Off, and Gone in 60 Seconds, and that means the real Cage is going to have to revisit some of his older work, which he's not entirely comfortable with. "I don't like to look back," he said. "But this movie kind of pushes it all back in my face. I'm probably going to have to look at a couple of the movies from the past again, because I think we're gonna have to reenact some of those sequences. It's like walking through a Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari version of Con Air and Face/Off."

www.slashfilm.com/572467/the-unbearable-weight-of-massive-talent/?utm_campaign=clip

I have no idea what drugs the screenwriters have been taking  lol:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 02:04:30 PM »
There is another Nicholas Cage one due out next year, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. It sounds.............fucking nuts....er....interesting.  rubschin:

In The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Cage plays a version of himself "under a mountain of debt" and "dealing with a strained relationship with his teenage daughter. He also occasionally talks to an egotistical 1990s version of himself who rides him for making too many crappy movies and for not being a star anymore." Cage's debts force him to "make an appearance at the birthday party of a Mexican billionaire who happens to be a fan of Cage's work and secretly hopes to show him a script on which he's been working."

However, "Cage is informed by the CIA that the billionaire is actually a drug cartel kingpin who has kidnapped the daughter of a Mexican presidential nominee, and is recruited by the U.S. government to get intelligence. The situation spirals even more dramatically when the Mexican brings over Cage's daughter and his ex-wife for a reconciliation, and when their lives are on the line, Cage takes on the role of a lifetime."

According to reports, the script references Cage films like Leaving Las Vegas, Face-Off, and Gone in 60 Seconds, and that means the real Cage is going to have to revisit some of his older work, which he's not entirely comfortable with. "I don't like to look back," he said. "But this movie kind of pushes it all back in my face. I'm probably going to have to look at a couple of the movies from the past again, because I think we're gonna have to reenact some of those sequences. It's like walking through a Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari version of Con Air and Face/Off."

www.slashfilm.com/572467/the-unbearable-weight-of-massive-talent/?utm_campaign=clip

I have no idea what drugs the screenwriters have been taking  lol:

Nicholas Cage was here making a film ..last year? .... rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 06:34:00 PM »
There's a reason Cage doesn't like to look back, much of his body of work is shite.  Now he has something not to look forward to as well

Bonkers idea
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 06:36:53 PM »
I seem to recall that Miss D has some strong views about Mr Cage  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile