Author Topic: The Incredible Vibrating House  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
The Incredible Vibrating House
« on: July 01, 2020, 03:47:28 PM »
Some contractor is installing hydro-electric plants on river weirs across the country. Capital expenditure must be high (it is taking them forever) but I guess they plan to make a killing on selling energy  :thumbsup:

One of these is as the lock, like, I was at today.

UNFORTUNATELY, the turbine somehow shares a foundation with the house as it is so close. When it was turned on, the entire house began to vibrate. The owners of the lock cottage were displeased. The Green Energy company had to buy the house off them for top dollar, like, (lawyers involved big time) and they have now moved to some sort of mansion. The cottage visibly trembles at all times but is being used as an office now by the surveyors who did the original survey for the installation  eveilgrin:

The surveyors are not happy as bits of ceiling keep falling on their heads.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The Incredible Vibrating House
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:48:18 PM »
Some contractor is installing hydro-electric plants on river weirs across the country. Capital expenditure must be high (it is taking them forever) but I guess they plan to make a killing on selling energy  :thumbsup:

UNFORTUNATELY, the turbine somehow shares a foundation with the house as it is so close. When it was turned on, the entire house began to vibrate. The owners of the lock cottage were displeased. The Green Energy company had to buy the house off them for top dollar, like, (lawyers involved big time) and they have now moved to some sort of mansion. The cottage visibly trembles at all times but is being used as an office now by the surveyors who did the original survey for the installation  eveilgrin:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:54:29 PM »

lol: lol: lol:
:thumbsup:  lol: lol: lol:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
The lock, like, is marked River Trent. The generator/turbine is in the old channel you can see behind the Lock Cottage.

Those with arcane interests can also enjoy the delights of the Watersports Centre, which has speedbumps everywhere that could launch Thunderbird 2  evil:

https://goo.gl/maps/4iqxbrtdzmoTmDWw5
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 07:19:56 PM »
The lock, like, is marked River Trent. The generator/turbine is in the old channel you can see behind the Lock Cottage.

Those with arcane interests can also enjoy the delights of the Watersports Centre, which has speedbumps everywhere that could launch Thunderbird 2  evil:

:thumbsup:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 10:37:28 PM »
Take Miss I ......Then ask the question......... Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 05:10:04 AM »

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: