Author Topic: Better grab them on DVD while you can...  (Read 1388 times)

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Better grab them on DVD while you can...
« on: June 19, 2020, 03:40:27 PM »
I was wondering how long it was going to take before the list of 'problematic' classic films and TV shows started to grow but this is getting ridiculous and because we are now in the streaming service era it means that content can be edited (such as adding a CGI hair extension to cover Daryl Hannah's arse in Splash) or retired entirely.  noooo:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8439887/Sky-warns-viewers-Breakfast-Tiffanys-Aladdin-Jungle-Book-outdated-attitudes.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Better grab them on DVD while you can...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 04:39:14 PM »
I was wondering how long it was going to take before the list of 'problematic' classic films and TV shows started to grow but this is getting ridiculous and because we are now in the streaming service era it means that content can be edited (such as adding a CGI hair extension to cover Daryl Hannah's arse in Splash) or retired entirely.  noooo:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8439887/Sky-warns-viewers-Breakfast-Tiffanys-Aladdin-Jungle-Book-outdated-attitudes.html

noooo: noooo:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 04:40:38 PM »
If they are condemning Tropic Thunder because of RDJ's blackface they are clearly too stupid to realise that he did it deliberately to take the piss out of the whole practice.  Banghead
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 04:42:42 PM »
If they are condemning Tropic Thunder because of RDJ's blackface they are clearly too stupid to realise that he did it deliberately to take the piss out of the whole practice.  Banghead

The sheriff is a NIG...................

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 04:50:49 PM »
I'm still trying to work out how Aliens is supposed to be 'problematic'. Sigourney Weaver's arc from Alien to Aliens gave us one of the strongest female characters in movie history then you had Jeanette Goldstein who was spot on in a portrayal of a tough as nails marine so how the hell are they supposed to be outdated attitudes? Oh I know, it's that scene where Hudson says they should put the little girl in charge and they ignore him. Clearly it's a film that hates women. Or are they going down the Orc route and deciding that because the Xenomorphs are black then it must be racist.  cussing:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 05:06:28 PM »
I'm still trying to work out how Aliens is supposed to be 'problematic'. Sigourney Weaver's arc from Alien to Aliens gave us one of the strongest female characters in movie history then you had Jeanette Goldstein who was spot on in a portrayal of a tough as nails marine so how the hell are they supposed to be outdated attitudes? Oh I know, it's that scene where Hudson says they should put the little girl in charge and they ignore him. Clearly it's a film that hates women. Or are they going down the Orc route and deciding that because the Xenomorphs are black then it must be racist.  cussing:

I can't work it out either.  One of the very best Sci Fi films of all time and as you say one of the best pro female films too
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 05:11:36 PM »

I can't work it out either.  One of the very best Sci Fi films of all time and as you say one of the best pro female films too

If it wasn't for the inevitable backlash I'd be seriously considering putting together a Xenomorph Lives Matter petition together and seeing how many people would sign it.  redface:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 06:43:10 PM »
My 30th anniversary copy of Blazing Saddles arrived today  cloud9:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 08:21:06 PM »

The sheriff is a nig...........

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 08:42:06 PM »

The sheriff is a nig...........
lol:
Well, whatever, nevermind