Disgusterous

Author Topic: Putting The Great Back in Britain  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Putting The Great Back in Britain
« on: September 14, 2007, 07:54:20 AM »
This once great nation is slipping even further down the tubes. What should we do about it?
We built an empire on trade (because we do not have the resources to be self sufficient or the space) but surely we can do better. We should certainly, IMO, adopt an Island mentality and become independent of Europe. We must reinvigorate our food production to the point where we are not reliant on others and we are more than capable of trading with other nations for the things we cannot make or grow ourselves.
What would be your list of priorities to return the Great to Britain and enable us to feel proud once more?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Putting The Great Back in Britain
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:13:07 AM »
Clearly, the EU costs the UK more than it makes the UK. It is a big market yes, but there would be no limitations on the UK selling to mainland Europe without being a member.

Any sane businessman looking at the ?balance sheet? would immediately quit the EU and that?s what I think the UK should do.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 08:18:35 AM »
 happ096 happy088

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:23:17 AM »
happ096 happy088
Thank you!  cloud9:
Hopefully Cyprus will pull out too...  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 08:42:41 AM »
I agree that the Island mentality would be a good start. That and demanding that all those on benefits contribute in some way towards society. In order to earn it they must do litter clean up or grafitti scrubbing or something. I also don't think there would be any harm in some sort of citizenship classes in school, let them learn what made our country great instead of other peoples.

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 09:02:57 AM »
How about this:

Stop the mass immigration from across the known universe

Leave the EU (thus stopping the EU migrants too)

Re-patriation of failed asylum seekers

Repeal of the Yooman Rites laws

And what the others said.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »
Also, we need to get rid of the ?professional? politicians and come up with a better system.

I?ve finally finished reading Jeffrey Archer?s prison diaries. Pile o? shite but one thing really stands out ? the man?s idea of disaster is running out of Evian.

As we?ve pointed out here and elsewhere before, politicians are completely out-of-touch with reality. I wonder how many more of them there are that couldn?t imagine having to drink tap water and they?re making decisions about the country!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Misunderstood

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »
Germany used to have a good scheme.  In order to be a German citizen you had to be born in Germany.

Start there and admit worthy immigrants only on merit and on a support-yourself deal.   Pay honest pensions to those that have spent their lives supporting the country with war pensioners at the lot of the pile and politicians only getting the standard civilian rate.   Subject to contributions, the same as everyone else.

Declare a maximum amount of people that Britain can support and call it dead-mans-shoes from there.

Fixed term governments with forfeiture contracts.   National voting for the overall vote to decide who gets power.

Figure out why none of the other signatories to the Human Rights Charter seem to have problems with it.

Finally commit to a British constitution so we know where we stand. 

Properly administered laws with appropriate punishment handed down.  Foreign criminal collect points on passports and disqualification means repatriation to country of origin.   No excuses.

Properly reward best effort by anyone.  Work to make people proud to be British again by making British citizenship something worth having and keeping.

Keep kids in school until they are fully literate and numerate. however long that takes.

Stop rejecting British talent because there is a risk and an 'edge' to gain a profit elsewhere instead.

Employ British workers to make British consumer goods and reduce imports.  The economy will survive.

Look up the word 'Export' and discuss.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 05:53:24 AM »
Germany used to have a good scheme.  In order to be a German citizen you had to be born in Germany.

Start there and admit worthy immigrants only on merit and on a support-yourself deal.   Pay honest pensions to those that have spent their lives supporting the country with war pensioners at the lot of the pile and politicians only getting the standard civilian rate.   Subject to contributions, the same as everyone else.

Declare a maximum amount of people that Britain can support and call it dead-mans-shoes from there.

Fixed term governments with forfeiture contracts.   National voting for the overall vote to decide who gets power.

Figure out why none of the other signatories to the Human Rights Charter seem to have problems with it.

Finally commit to a British constitution so we know where we stand. 

Properly administered laws with appropriate punishment handed down.  Foreign criminal collect points on passports and disqualification means repatriation to country of origin.   No excuses.

Properly reward best effort by anyone.  Work to make people proud to be British again by making British citizenship something worth having and keeping.

Keep kids in school until they are fully literate and numerate. however long that takes.

Stop rejecting British talent because there is a risk and an 'edge' to gain a profit elsewhere instead.

Employ British workers to make British consumer goods and reduce imports.  The economy will survive.

Look up the word 'Export' and discuss.
happ096 happy088 cool14:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 08:59:59 AM »
Oh it would be nice ~ but let's not forget that nowadays the Germans have a huge problem with Portuguese and Spanish migrants ~ not to mention Romanies.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 12:58:25 PM »
Oh it would be nice ~ but let's not forget that nowadays the Germans have a huge problem with Portuguese and Spanish migrants ~ not to mention Romanies.
Just like the 1930's, now how did they sort it out then? rubschin:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 01:16:15 PM »

They borrowed a very good idea from Kitchener and built some concentration camps

Misunderstood

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 04:30:13 PM »

I'll tell you how they 'sorted it out'   evil:

They faffed about in exactly the same way as we are doing right now, until things got so bad as some BNP fanatic got the vote because he promised some answers when everyone else was just wringing their hands.......

Can't quite remember the guy's name - it'll come to me.....   History has this way of repeating itself.   Desperate people end up doing desperate things,  Sure, they regret it later.  But what the hell... Some people got rich!

And in fifty years or so, they will be teaching the kid's about the British holocaust.   They will, of course, have quite forgotten about the German one.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »

I'll tell you how they 'sorted it out'   evil:

They faffed about in exactly the same way as we are doing right now, until things got so bad as some BNP fanatic got the vote because he promised some answers when everyone else was just wringing their hands.......

Can't quite remember the guy's name - it'll come to me.....   History has this way of repeating itself.   Desperate people end up doing desperate things,  Sure, they regret it later.  But what the hell... Some people got rich!

And in fifty years or so, they will be teaching the kid's about the British holocaust.   They will, of course, have quite forgotten about the German one.
The worrying thing is that I?m not sure we know who will be holocausted?.  scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Misunderstood

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 10:35:32 PM »
You are not supposed to let 'them' know up front, They tend to run away and spoil things...   confused: