Disgusterous

Author Topic: National and International Lockdown  (Read 11933 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: National and International Lockdown
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 03:59:16 PM »
My mate runs an "escape room " thingy ..solve clues to get out type thing ..called "Lockdown Paphos"..........his website has crashed ... ;D  and his facebook is full of stupid questions ... noooo:

It is obvious by his FB page what he does/runs...... noooo: noooo: noooo:

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2020, 05:43:13 PM »
Boris daily briefing just now facepalm:  back to his bumbling and fact free worst  noooo:

Italy latest figures also bad and UK's not good either

And where's this fucking plan on school exams you said you already had Boris?

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2020, 05:46:56 PM »
They have no clue what to do. I am putting my faith in Lidl and the NHS
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
Boris daily briefing just now facepalm:  back to his bumbling and fact free worst  noooo:

Thought "mock " exams would count, if Gcse? don't happen  .. rubschin:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2020, 05:51:10 PM »
They have no clue what to do. I am putting my faith in Lidl and the NHS
If he can't lead then the public will not obey and we'll be relying on gun point enforcement. 

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2020, 05:53:47 PM »

Thought "mock " exams would count, if Gcse? don't happen  .. rubschin:
That's one of the guesses circulating around but there's no statements out there

Offline Nick

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2020, 05:58:15 PM »
Universities won't suffer as they get their £9250 a year and many now offer unconditional offers (££££££££££s). GCSEs will have to go on grade predictions.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 06:02:09 PM »
I'm not sure that there are many facts he can give out that isn't going to basically say we are fucked and I suspect the only thing he's going to be able to do regarding school exams is to postpone them till the crisis is over or at least manageable.

The biggest problem is the weakness of globalisation. For years because of cheap labour costs China has been the primary supplier of the precursor chemicals used in most medication not to mention general medical equipment. And now the Chinese government is using that for political leverage. Ultimately this needs to change even if it just means having limited local production facilities that can easily be ramped up and expanded when needed.

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 06:25:28 PM »
On a lighter note ....went to our local fast food place ...so he can stay open , he has to be take-away only so they have to remove all tables n chairs to comply with the law ....(all piled up )..

inside owner and his mate sat on counter between food smoking .... lol: lol: lol:

Offline Nick

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 06:28:35 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »
rubschin:  isn't this The Commons?
redface:
Another boy made me laugh sir.
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 06:49:55 PM »
Is your Man bearing up?

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 06:26:34 AM »
The biggest change for me is working from home as I am in the people "who are at increased risk of severe illness" grouping according to PHE. Amazing at how much more I can get on with without the constant, "I dont suppose you remember when... Do you have..." type interruptions over your shoulder all day long; but I do miss having a bigger screen  ;)

Collecting medication from the Dr's was a little weird. A desk placed between the two sets of automatic doors with a sign, "STOP", do not pass go etc. The receptionist coming from the office towards the desk asking " What can I do for you?" She got the medication and told me she was going to slide it across the desk to me

I came too close to the reality of the virus last week. Two weeks ago dad (86) had a heart block, collapsed injuring his nose, chest, shoulder and leg, and it took two hours for the ambulance to arrive. He had another last week and was rushed to hospital within 20 minutes this time. As they arrived at the hospital he had a heart attack, the crash team came running leaving my mum and two sisters wondering what was happening for 45 minutes before they said they had him "sorted". He was in resuss for a few hours then they took him across to the heart care unit. On arriving there he had a further heart attack, and again the crash team performed superbly. I was on a training course 200+ miles away when my sister called from outside A & E, I'll never forget hearing those sirens in the background as another ambulance arrived, I thought she was in the ambulance with dad and said "Dad's in a bad way" through her tears

I dashed up to Manchester to see dad and family, stopped there a couple of days till he was stronger, through the worst, and returned. On Saturday (I think) dad and two others picked up an "infection" which the staff thought was Covid and they were all put in isolation. It was four days before he got the negative results for Covid, and has now been returned to the heart care unit. As the days have passed he has been taken off the morphine (cracked ribs), oxygen mask removed, then later the oxygen tubes removed from the nostrils, he is finally eating, and all that remains now is that he can pee. Once that has occurred (a current concern for the Dr's, he can be moved to a "normal" ward. The last 10 days have been worrying to say the least
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:39:19 AM by Just One More »
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2020, 07:13:37 AM »
 happy100

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2020, 08:46:21 AM »
The biggest change for me is working from home as I am in the people "who are at increased risk of severe illness" grouping according to PHE. Amazing at how much more I can get on with without the constant, "I dont suppose you remember when... Do you have..." type interruptions over your shoulder all day long; but I do miss having a bigger screen  ;)

Collecting medication from the Dr's was a little weird. A desk placed between the two sets of automatic doors with a sign, "STOP", do not pass go etc. The receptionist coming from the office towards the desk asking " What can I do for you?" She got the medication and told me she was going to slide it across the desk to me

I came too close to the reality of the virus last week. Two weeks ago dad (86) had a heart block, collapsed injuring his nose, chest, shoulder and leg, and it took two hours for the ambulance to arrive. He had another last week and was rushed to hospital within 20 minutes this time. As they arrived at the hospital he had a heart attack, the crash team came running leaving my mum and two sisters wondering what was happening for 45 minutes before they said they had him "sorted". He was in resuss for a few hours then they took him across to the heart care unit. On arriving there he had a further heart attack, and again the crash team performed superbly. I was on a training course 200+ miles away when my sister called from outside A & E, I'll never forget hearing those sirens in the background as another ambulance arrived, I thought she was in the ambulance with dad and said "Dad's in a bad way" through her tears

I dashed up to Manchester to see dad and family, stopped there a couple of days till he was stronger, through the worst, and returned. On Saturday (I think) dad and two others picked up an "infection" which the staff thought was Covid and they were all put in isolation. It was four days before he got the negative results for Covid, and has now been returned to the heart care unit. As the days have passed he has been taken off the morphine (cracked ribs), oxygen mask removed, then later the oxygen tubes removed from the nostrils, he is finally eating, and all that remains now is that he can pee. Once that has occurred (a current concern for the Dr's, he can be moved to a "normal" ward. The last 10 days have been worrying to say the least

Bloody hell! happy100
Pro Skub  Thumbs: