Disgusterous

Author Topic: National and International Lockdown  (Read 11830 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
National and International Lockdown
« on: March 18, 2020, 06:40:25 PM »
Let's face it, we seem to be in serious shit.

What is happening where you are, what are you doing and what appear to be the prospects?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: National and International Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:51:41 PM »
Let's face it, we seem to be in serious shit.

What is happening where you are, what are you doing and what appear to be the prospects?

Nuffin really...

Food shops are open, shelves full last time I went...

Can't do anything, bars, DIY shops, hospitals, etc. closed...

All over hyped IMHO...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 06:57:25 PM »
Yes, I started this as a thread to go on for however long it takes...

Spain was shut yesterday. My mates in France are confined to home. There is more to come here in the next few days.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 07:05:09 PM »
Yes, I started this as a thread to go on for however long it takes...

Spain was shut yesterday. My mates in France are confined to home. There is more to come here in the next few days.

Miss A is just flying to the UK from Cape Town before it gets shut down...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »
We're just doing very little, what was a very busy week for us became a week of cancelled events.  And frankly we're lucky, our 80+ year old neighbour I fetched medicine for is keeping a stiff upper lip but with his underlying conditions and the inability of the supply chain to source all his medicine

Is this over hyped?  IMHO no.   We're all playing catch up with Italy but catch up we will even if they get worse.  The current 10% death rate of resolved cases is scary and for it to get down to that supposed 1% needs another 800,000 cases with not one more death.  The first will happen, the latter would be nice but come on

2020 is going to be a defining year for everybody, just hopefully not in a terminally way for too many or anyone we know
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 08:38:18 PM »
Tesco order just arrived.  About a third of items (9 out of 24) not available and no substitute available either.  Feeling guilty that we did an online order as an email flooded in from Tescos this afternoon saying please don't do that unless you're self isolating or particularly vulnerable  redface:

Everything that did arrive got wiped with Dettol wipes (been doing that since Monday) and the surface got the same

All fun and games

Is it just me or is that Dr Sarah Jarvis the most sensible and level headed person in the UK right now?

https://twitter.com/DrSarahJarvis

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 08:41:11 PM »
Here the main "knock-on " effect will be financial .....a lot of places will go under as well as self-employed ....

Already seen a hotel for sale 11 million ....... rubschin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 08:47:17 PM »
Tourism is Cornwall's primary industry, God only knows how businesses are going to survive. I can already see the strong possibility of the remaining hotels in Falmouth closing and ultimately being bought up to turn into either retirement accommodation or even more student housing.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 08:48:20 PM »
Here the main "knock-on " effect will be financial .....a lot of places will go under as well as self-employed ....

Already seen a hotel for sale 11 million ....... rubschin:
Offer them Old Kent Road and two of the stations in exchange and they'll take it

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 11:06:33 PM »

Is it just me or is that Dr Sarah Jarvis the most sensible and level headed person in the UK right now?

https://twitter.com/DrSarahJarvis

I like her honesty and frankness . She is direct and not unsympathetic but doesn't shy away from tough messaging
Skubber

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 11:19:03 PM »
Think "our" lockdown is gonna get REAL from tomorrow ...President is gonna speak ..rumour is because all the mongs are ignoring the "soft" sensible measures ...it will be a total lockdown .....

(As food is hard to post ...I am accepting paypal /Visa/Transferwise ........ whistle: )

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 11:26:54 PM »
I rather think we are in pause mode for at least 3 months and financial issues will be irrelevant until then.   Borrow or steal what you need to get through the next 12 weeks in the uk and we will see where we are then.   Forget economic issues ... read a book learn some poetry say nice things.  Those are the important issues today.  angel1
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 11:56:20 PM »
I rather think we are in pause mode for at least 3 months and financial issues will be irrelevant until then.   Borrow or steal what you need to get through the next 12 weeks in the uk and we will see where we are then.   Forget economic issues ... read a book learn some poetry say nice things.  Those are the important issues today.  angel1

Thumbs:  we don't have to pay leccy or water for now .........

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 01:23:49 AM »

Thumbs:  we don't have to pay leccy or water for now .........

That's going to save your neighbour a small fortune...  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 05:26:41 AM »
Think "our" lockdown is gonna get REAL from tomorrow ...President is gonna speak ..rumour is because all the mongs are ignoring the "soft" sensible measures ...it will be a total lockdown .....

(As food is hard to post ...I am accepting paypal /Visa/Transferwise ........ whistle: )

Lockdown you say...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: