Disgusterous

Author Topic: The great no weather mystery (solved)  (Read 4484 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The great no weather mystery (solved)
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2020, 11:08:37 AM »
Discounted down to £62 with Amazon Prime at the moment.  :thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bresser-Weather-Station-Control-German/dp/B0170A47DI/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=weather+station&qid=1583877677&sr=8-6

You may want to put it through old Buckethead's Amazon link if it is still functional just to save his feelings like..
Ordered  :thumbsup:

Seems there's a 50:50 chance it'll work with the old sensors
Finally installed the sensors on the pole (what a bastard job that was trying to hold the ladder with one hand, manoeuvre the pole into the bracket with two more hands and tighten it all up with another hand  rubschin:

Anyway all is working, thanks Meister for the suggestion  :thumbsup:

Gives us what we want: easy to read display of wind gust speeds so when we hear a real windy woo we can glance down an see what it was.  Not that there's any at the moment

But can anyone spot the awkward design flaw?  Clue:  think electrical

And talking of windyometers anyone remember that one I broke and said the repair might last two days.  No?  Well anyway it's still working.  You can just see the splint on the leg of the cup on the right

Looks good!  Thumbs:

Build the weather station that has been in the back of the cupboard for years you say...?  rubschin:
redface:

Did I ever say I didn't have cupboardware?

Actually I've got a working area in the garage half full of Scalextric and half full of things that are sort of broken a bit and I think I can fix (but of course never will) 

if that Tracy Emin can get £thousands for an unmade bed I figure this should be worth a million

LL's BiL collects that older (pre Scalextric) stuff and restores them - is it Minix or something?

He has miles of it... Don't know how he finds the enthusiasm to stick with something like that for so long... Shrugs:
Had to google it:  Scalex made by the Minimodels company

Scalextric was a huge part of my youth right up til went to Uni by which time I was building and racing the serious 1/24 slot cars using nitric acid as flux to solder stainless steel sheet for the chassis.  Nearly 40 years later I got made redundant bought a load off eBay and promptly found another job.  It went into 'storage'
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bresser-Weather-Station-Control-German/dp/B0170A47DI/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=weather+station&qid=1583877677&sr=8-6

You may want to put it through old Buckethead's Amazon link if it is still functional just to save his feelings like..

Finally installed the sensors on the pole (what a bastard job that was trying to hold the ladder with one hand, manoeuvre the pole into the bracket with two more hands and tighten it all up with another hand  rubschin:

Gives us what we want: easy to read display of wind gust speeds so when we hear a real windy woo we can glance down an see what it was.  Not that there's any at the moment

And talking of windyometers anyone remember that one I broke and said the repair might last two days.  No?  Well anyway it's still working.  You can just see the splint on the leg of the cup on the right

Looks good!  Thumbs:

Build the weather station that has been in the back of the cupboard for years you say...?  rubschin:
redface:

Actually I've got a working area in the garage half full of Scalextric and half full of things that are sort of broken a bit and I think I can fix (but of course never will) 

if that Tracy Emin can get £thousands for an unmade bed I figure this should be worth a million

LL's BiL collects that older (pre Scalextric) stuff and restores them - is it Minix or something?

He has miles of it... Don't know how he finds the enthusiasm to stick with something like that for so long... Shrugs:

Scalextric was a huge part of my youth right up til went to Uni by which time I was building and racing the serious 1/24 slot cars using nitric acid as flux to solder stainless steel sheet for the chassis.  Nearly 40 years later I got made redundant bought a load off eBay and promptly found another job.  It went into 'storage'

I think it is Tri-ang Minic...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2020, 11:16:07 AM »

Looks good!  Thumbs:

redface:

Here is is putting some of it together... ::)

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2020, 11:50:35 AM »

Looks good!  Thumbs:

redface:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ovPCLO2zCoo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
love the video

Think that was clockwork cars but you couldn't race them.  Scalextric and even more serious slot cars encompasses the healthy attitude to sport.  It's not about the winning, it's not about the taking part it's all about beating people

This is the best pic I can find of the Eltham Models track where we raced.  My girlfriend of the time didn't really understand - maybe that's why she chucked me  cry:

jeez 50 years ago
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »

Looks good!  Thumbs:

redface:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ovPCLO2zCoo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
love the video

Think that was clockwork cars but you couldn't race them.  Scalextric and even more serious slot cars encompasses the healthy attitude to sport.  It's not about the winning, it's not about the taking part it's all about beating people

This is the best pic I can find of the Eltham Models track where we raced.  My girlfriend of the time didn't really understand - maybe that's why she chucked me  cry:

jeez 50 years ago

Perhaps I got the wrong ones... They are 'lektrik and he rewinds the motors and everything!  eeek:

But no, it isn't racing, there are cars in garages, a fire station, London buses, etc. There is even a little ferry... Can't remember how it was all controlled...

He also has a mahoosive teeny-tiny scale train layout and a big OO layout with 'Live Steam' models... Drool:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2020, 12:56:16 PM »

Looks good!  Thumbs:

redface:

I thought the same with LL and you ..but she does ...... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »

Looks good!  Thumbs:

redface:

I thought the same with LL and you ..but she does ...... rubschin:

cussing: cussing: cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: